Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Valve spring & retainer (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/71509-valve-spring-retainer.html)

kodok3ribu 04-21-2012 10:42 AM

Valve spring & retainer

Hi i need an input here, and appreciate if anyone can give their oppinion.

I'm looking at bisimoto valve spring & titanium retainer set. And been hesitating in buying these. Does anyone have experience with these and can give me pro n cons?

fittacular81 04-21-2012 11:57 AM

If its titanium it will survive a nuclear blast...they have quality parts from what I've heard.

DOHCtor 04-23-2012 06:56 PM

Or you may contact PortFlow Design and|or Supertech and see if they could do something nice for you!

.: Products :.
SuperTechPerformance.com

Supertech have springs for the 1.5l CR-Z engine (LEA) that i suspect are the same as the Fit's L15A1/L15A7! Ask 'em! ;)

Marko!

kodok3ribu 05-28-2012 04:40 AM

thanks for the input guys, but i cannot get a grab of supertech in my area. i can only get bisi, but they cost a lot of $$$. is there any more input for more bang for $ option out there?

DiamondStarMonsters 05-28-2012 11:20 AM

What cam do you have? How high are you planning to wind out the motor?

If the answer isn't "a big cam" and "9k+ rpm" ... save your money.

kodok3ribu 05-29-2012 01:06 AM

point taken dsm. I was thinking in the region of 8500 max for first step. Right now, my whole setup of head and exhaust system has been built for mid-high gain by sacrificing low end torque. But I'm still not mentally prepared to wound up beyond 8000rpm. If you have a suggestion on the lift/duration of the cam, it would be appreciated. But for now I will take baby step by only replacing the springs with stiffer one, and see how the dyno represent and go from there

Texas Coyote 05-29-2012 02:35 AM

You will suffer more power loss on the low end if you don't increase the compression ratio with a change of pistons at the same time the a cam with longer duration and higher lift is installed.. What might help a bit more is removing the cylinder head having what little metal can safely be removed from the ports and a competition valve job done to set the seats out further, narrow the seats, and back cut the valves to enhance and smooth the flow of the A/F mixture and lighten the valves.. ... I've never bothered to change springs, spacers and retainers unless it was needed because of a new camshaft and only used high lift cam with mild duration on engines unless I'd also installed higher compression pistons...

kodok3ribu 05-29-2012 02:59 AM

TC: you are very correct. and yes I already did all of what you post there and bump up my compression ratio. i cannot go lower than 95RON gas now. Which is the highest pump gas I can get here.

The one remaining uncharted territory for me is tinkering with the cams. Which I intentionally left for the last part. Right now, I still need to change up my rev limiter and dyno tune my piggyback to the new setup. From there I will know what else needs to be done. By my guess, right now I'm in the ballpark of 130hp. If I can't get past the 140hp barrier with the dyno tune, then I will be looking for cams.

DOHCtor 06-11-2012 09:19 PM

If power still falls after 5k RPM i would say the culprit is the stock cam or the head! I take into account that you have allready changed almost anything (Intake, exhaust, etc!) and the L15 seems to have bizzare exhaust ports with the ignition coils passing between each exhaust valves ports...! Weird looking and most probably restrictive...!

On a 1st Gen SOHC Neon, power was dropping past 6000k Rpm because of the exhaust ports that were soooo small! They needed a DOHC Head, porting or a 2001+ R\T Magnum Head with bigger exhaust ports or it just would'nt breath past 6k RPM... even with any cams Crane could offer or it!

Marko!