Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   convert fit to use flashpro? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/72130-convert-fit-use-flashpro.html)

NIGHTHAWKSI 05-24-2012 07:05 AM

convert fit to use flashpro?

i am in the process of getting a 2006 S2000 ECU and a conversion harness to be able to plug it into my 08 fit. then i plan to have the dealer program the ecu to work with my key/immobilizer. if all goes well, i hope to get a s2k flashpro and be able to tune the ecu to run the fit and any future performace upgrades.

anyone have any ideas of why this might not work?
my biggest concern is the dash/instrumentation not working correctly or at all.
both the fit and s2k are CAN, DBW, immobilizer type 4, use nearly the same engine sensors, and almost the same pinout on the ecu...which makes me think this may just work.

anyone who works at honda and knows how the HDS system works....is programming the immobilizer part of the ecu from a differrent model car going to be a problem?

Also, since i do not plan on buying a flashpro immediatly, i was hoping that the s2k ecu can be programmed to my car/key/immobilizer while not changing anything else in the car....so that i can plug my OEM fit ecu back in and drive my car regularly until i purchase flashpro. possible?

NIGHTHAWKSI 05-25-2012 11:43 AM

no one?

i will be going to honda to see if they will flash the ecu to work with my car/immobilizer and how much.

Jamy 05-25-2012 01:00 PM

I have doubts that this will work well. Theres too much that goes through the ECU for it to be swappable even with tuning. You'd be better off with a standalone option in my opinion. Way less hassle and probably a good bit cheaper.

DiamondStarMonsters 05-25-2012 01:18 PM

I think you may be on to something NIGHTHAWK, I have been looking to do the same thing myself for the last few months comparing the Si pinout/sensors and the AP1/2 setup to the GD Fit's to try and use FlashPro

I don't really want to go the AEM route again if I can avoid it.

As far as using an unmodded F20C ECU in the Fit? I don't think that'll work well, if at all to be honest.

The main reasons being the injector scaling and VE/Fuel/Spark tables are for a high winding 2.2 and thats just off the top of my head.

Admittedly my focus has been elsewhere lately, but if there is something I could do to help spread the load, let me know as this would greatly benefit myself and others too

Otherwise I am going to be looking at a Haltech

DOHCtor 06-11-2012 09:22 PM

What was wrong with AEM's units?

Marko!

SiSoldier 06-14-2012 04:02 PM

Man it would be sweet if it would work but I also believe it's going to take a lot of work in unknown territory. You should try sending Doug from Hondata an e-mail to see what he says.

TPColgett 08-28-2012 08:01 PM

Did any one ever pursue this to fruition/failure?

I am looking into REAL tuning solutions for the L series and this seems near ideal...