Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Kit options? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/75249-kit-options.html)

Tim F 11-13-2012 10:32 AM

Kit options?

Hi all, lurker posting for the first time. Advice here convinced me to pick up and install a Progress sway bar on my '08 GD sport MT, and the wife and I both love it (she drives harder than I do...). However, it seems like we arrived late for any easy turbo/SC options. Kraftwerks has evaporated and as far as I can tell nobody else sells a decent super kit.

This has been asked before, but it seems like the options change (mostly get fewer) over time. Would anyone mind listing the induction options that are still available, and which you recommend if I want a kit rather than do any custom fabbing? Many thanks.

FITdrummer13 11-15-2012 08:32 PM

Kraftwerks is definitely out of the business as far as supercharger kits go, unless you can find a dealer who has a system left over, or you buy from a member here.

I do believe you can still buy the HKS and T1r kits, correct me if i'm wrong. From the information I've gathered, T1R > HKS, and here's why:

HKS:
Stock reliability (+)
No larger injectors (-)
Emanage (-)
30% gain (+)

T1R:
Larger injectors (+)
Emanage (-)
More power gain (+)
High cost (-)

Anyways, simply put, if you want CARB approved reliable boost go with HKS. If you want a more aggressive tune and higher HP numbers, go with the T1R kit. I haven't heard anything about either of these kits being discontinued, however they may be.

I know you said you don't want to custom fab, but if you take the time to research, the project will seem a tad less daunting. Also, the cost of a custom build is far less than buying a kit. It just depends what you're aiming for: A project, or, instant go-fast power.

Anyone feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong about any of this material.

hehn 11-16-2012 01:48 PM

The t1r kit is no longer being made. That's why I have ramey built making me a kit

TPColgett 11-16-2012 02:40 PM

I have ZERO back ground on these guy's or there quality or the kti itself, but this is out there: cxracing.com: 08 Turbo Intercooler kit HONDA FIT 1.3L/1.5L Bolt on

Seems CHEAP.... but there is a hell of a lot included at that price...

Also, GReddy made a kit... GReddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit Honda Fit 2007-08 | Password JDM
Dont know if it is still in production though....

TPColgett 11-16-2012 02:49 PM

Just noticed something...
IF this is the "manifold" in the CXRacing kit....
http://www.cxracing.com/product/cxra.../images/14.jpg

That looks like it's intended to bolt up to a GE head with the factory cast exhaust manifold....

AM I missing something here?!

mike410b 11-16-2012 02:49 PM

Greddy kit is no longer in production.

IIRC accordsomething username got the last one left.

I'd get the HKS kit. Quality components, name brand, etc.

TPColgett 11-16-2012 02:53 PM

wow.... I stole this from the"installed" photos...
http://www.cxracing.com/product/cxra.../images/26.jpg

the CX kit looks like it IS for a GE... wonder if I just opened a can of proverbial worms LOL

silver gd 11-16-2012 03:03 PM

The HKS kit is the only one still available. Last month i called Bean Garage and quoted me $3,800 shipped and had to wait like 3 months for it to come from Japan.

bana1988 01-26-2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TPColgett (Post 1146582)
I have ZERO back ground on these guy's or there quality or the kti itself, but this is out there: cxracing.com: 08 Turbo Intercooler kit HONDA FIT 1.3L/1.5L Bolt on

Seems CHEAP.... but there is a hell of a lot included at that price...

Also, GReddy made a kit... GReddy Bolt-on Turbo Kit Honda Fit 2007-08 | Password JDM
Dont know if it is still in production though....

Im wondering if anyone here can attest to the build quality of the cxracing kits as i am thinking to take the plunge

mike410b 01-26-2013 08:54 PM

CX is cheap eBay trash.

TPColgett 01-26-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1159722)
CX is cheap eBay trash.

I don't always agree with mike.... but yea in this case that kit is ebay cheap quality. Also its designed for a JDM GE Fit and is not going to be a bolt up kit to any car in the US...

13fit 01-26-2013 10:40 PM

Ive used plenty of cxracing items in previous car builds. cheap, and effective. Their water to air intercoolers are actually okay quality.

price puts its limit on quality. You wont ever have a high quality turbo kit for less then say 3-4 grand even when pieced together. Figure in tool/machine costs when doing DIY as well

FITdrummer13 01-27-2013 12:43 AM

I think there was actually a discussion on this in another thread....
basically from what I've heard the kit isn't designed for USDM GD3s which is weird and that the quality of the parts is debatable.

I've heard people use ebay turbo kits working fine for years for some people and for others only 6 months....soo i'm sure you can find a big long thread to confuse you.

Basically, for the Fit at least, stay away from this kit. You can piece together a turbo kit for the fit for pretty cheap. Probably around 1500 bucks will get you a nice kit. Look around for used parts, find a friend/shop that can tig/mig weld (your intercooler piping or even use rubber connectors), and same for turbo manifold. Engine management is the most expensive and most important part of the build. Tuning is what makes/breaks your engine. A bad tune can bend your rods like a twisty pretzel knot.

Build a turbo kit! You'll learn a lot :) :vtec::wavey: