Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Catback or axle back? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/77108-catback-axle-back.html)

Stayfit07 03-17-2013 08:35 PM

Catback or axle back?

As you all know just got my car about 2 1/2 weeks back from carmax. Can't do too many mods or it will break my warranty. Also can't install myself has to be done at a ase certified shop with certified mechanics. With that in mind I have been wanting to get a catback/ axle back to improve throttle response as we'll as give my fit a little more purr. I know it's hard to pull a lot of power from these engines without nos or turbo. But what would give me better results? Would I get just as good results with just a axle back? Or would a catback give better results? Like I said I would have to pay to have It installed and I know a axle act would be cheaper to install since its less to put back on. But would I get as much of a gain or less with a axle back? And what about sound? Would a catback provide better exhaust sound?

thefit09 03-17-2013 10:59 PM

No noticeable gains with either... seriously. You're only paying for looks and sounds, which is OK if that's what you're going for.

You're best bet on the fit is getting lighter wheels and tires. Going from OEM to a ~15lb wheel and lower profile tire will do wonders.

Stayfit07 03-17-2013 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of my fit. It has nice looking rims for stocks and they appear like they would already be pretty lite so idk if changing them out would make too much difference? Attachment 20676

thefit09 03-18-2013 12:11 AM

Those aren't stock rims...

They might be light, but you can always go lighter. Lighter wheels/tires will still get you more "gains" for your money. You can't really do anything outside of turbo/sc/tune to get good gains on the fit.

Stayfit07 03-18-2013 12:37 AM

Really? In the center of the rims it says sport edition. I figured since my car is the sport edition and they say that in the center they were stocks for the sport edition in 07. I guess they got the stock center piece to fit on these rims? We'll that's nice knowing they are not stock, even if they are not the best aftermarket rims :)

mike410b 03-18-2013 12:46 AM

Sport edition are like $60 Farm n Fleet wheels.

Those most likely weigh more than stock.

Stock Fit Sport wheels have a standard "H" badge.

Stayfit07 03-18-2013 01:15 AM

Ok hmm I wonder what kind of rims they are?

Stayfit07 03-18-2013 01:39 AM

Found them on tire rack the brand is sport edition and they are 16 pounds which seems like it would be heavy? I've never had a aftermarket wheel before so not positive

mike410b 03-18-2013 01:41 AM

16 lbs is around OEM weight.

Wheel weight doesn't make that big of a difference to the average driver.

If you like how they look, stick with them, enjoy your new car.

For the record, I have an axleback and unless you want the car to be loud, avoid catbacks. The gains are negligible

Stayfit07 03-18-2013 01:51 AM

Thanks for all your help I will do axe back cuz I found a good deal on one. And ya I think they look nice just need better tires

lakia5524 03-30-2013 09:26 PM

enkei rpf1 9.8lbs