Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   HPD Supercharger (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/80291-hpd-supercharger.html)

apexanimal 11-05-2013 09:41 PM

HPD Supercharger

I'm excited... Well see how much it is though...

2014 Honda HPD CR-Z Quick Spin - Autoblog

Hootie 11-05-2013 10:10 PM

I'm already trying to dissect what I can retrofit onto my GD. XD

Edit: Ew... Centrifugal supercharger. [/interest lost]

apexanimal 11-06-2013 09:16 PM

Yeah I know... I'd much rather a rotrex but given the state of the company and whatnot, I don't think that's much of an option... And it is fairly expensive to boot...

I have thought about a turbo, but I must admit I do like the idea of a "bolt on" option...

Hootie 11-06-2013 09:37 PM

Sadly, I'm in the same boat as you. Still waiting on HPD to release the price on the supercharger kit. They've released all pricing for the HPD CR-Z parts minus the supercharger.

The brakes in the HPD kit are really what interests me. 4 piston calipers, 11.8 inch/300mm slotted rotors sound darn good... Downfall is the kit retails for $2100 I believe and we'd have to shell out extra for 4x100 lug compatible rotors as well as possibly be restricted to 16 or 17 inch wheels.

BMW ALPINA 11-07-2013 04:44 AM

I don't think the CR-Z HPD supercharger can bolt on to GE,
I once asked Jackson Racing about fitting their CR-Z supercharger onto GE,
and they say, the mounting is different due to the alternator,
and they say they don't have any plan to modify their CR-Z kit to fit onto GE...

beside the CR-Z HPD ECU for the supercharger should be different then GE ECU,

cjecpa 11-07-2013 08:53 AM

To remedy this, the company has used — very fittingly, perhaps — the SEMA show in Las Vegas to announce American Honda’s factory aftermarket parts division, which will provide dealer-installed tuner kits to give stockhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png Hondas a sharper edge.

While Honda does have its Honda Performancehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png Development unit, the product outflow from there was intended for racetracks only. However, “years of racing have given the engineering team plenty of experience to make parts that the legal, warranty and compliance departments can approve,” Automotive News reports.
For its debut, HPD is offering a kit for the hybrid CR-Z, a quirky, slow-selling hatchback that has decidedly under-delivered on sport but doesn’t feature the kind of fuel efficiencyhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png one might expect from a hybrid in this day and age. With the HPD equipment, the CR-Z’s stock 130 horsepower is bolstered to 187 horsepower thanks to a 200,000-rpm Rotrex centrifugal traction-drive supercharger coupled with a Griffiths air-to-air intercooler. The best part? It still gets 42 miles per gallon.

We are sticking our first toe in the water,” Philip LaPointe, manager of HPD Street Performance, told Automotive News last week. “We didn’t want to start with too-high volume. We need to know who’s going to build the parts and distribute them. We need to get our dealers and logistics up to speed.” LaPointe is hoping to see the parts become available for mainstream carshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png in the next few years; “the dream scenario is to have performance parts available at [new-product] launch,” LaPointe said to the publication. He also hinted that Fit owners in particular want to modify their subcompacts, but it’s unclear as to whether the parts will be ready for the new Fit’s debut next year.

Currently, equipping a car with HPD parts will void the manufacturer’s warranty; Honda typically provides a five-year or 60,000-mile powertrain warranty, but because Honda expects those with HPD kits to drive their cars at “spirited track days,” the warranty will be reduced to three years or 36,000 miles, LaPointe said in his interview with Automotive News. The 15-year catalytic converter emissions warranty will remain, though, due to no small amount of help from Jackson Racing.

FitStir 11-07-2013 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1209767)
He also hinted that Fit owners in particular want to modify their subcompacts, but it’s unclear as to whether the parts will be ready for the new Fit’s debut next year.

I'd think the GE8 engine would be more similar to the current CRZ.

I've been following this thing pretty closely over on the CRZ forum, it's pricy... and they haven't released pricing on the super charger or the LSD.

Honda CRZ HPD 2013 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
HPD Supercharged CRZ to debut at Sema Nov 5 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1209767)
The 15-year catalytic converter emissions warranty will remain, though, due to no small amount of help from Jackson Racing.

Word has it that the supercharger is from JR. Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums - View Single Post - HPD Supercharged CRZ to debut at Sema Nov 5

Wanderer. 11-07-2013 10:32 AM

If I could have bought my Fit from the dealership with this as an option I would have paid for it.

Just FYI Honda.

DiamondStarMonsters 11-07-2013 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 1209503)
I'm already trying to dissect what I can retrofit onto my GD. XD

Edit: Ew... Centrifugal supercharger. [/interest lost]

My thoughts precisely. I think the option would be great.. but I can hardly get excited about a tiny little blower that comes up on boost (@ WOT) later than the comparatively giant 67mm snail on my low comp/big cam 2.0 does at part throttle while taking a leisurely cruise..
Attachment 17125

:rotfl:

Wanderer. 11-07-2013 10:54 AM

26.2 lb/min @ 1/2 throttle :eek3::rotfl:

DiamondStarMonsters 11-07-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Wanderer. (Post 1209791)
26.2 lb/min @ 1/2 throttle :eek3::rotfl:

On low boost, and only 5350 rpm with another 4k rpm to go! :D

BMW ALPINA 11-07-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 1209780)
I'd think the GE8 engine would be more similar to the current CRZ.
I've been following this thing pretty closely over on the CRZ forum, it's pricy... and they haven't released pricing on the super charger or the LSD.
Honda CRZ HPD 2013 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
HPD Supercharged CRZ to debut at Sema Nov 5 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
Word has it that the supercharger is from JR. Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums - View Single Post - HPD Supercharged CRZ to debut at Sema Nov 5

Here is the email from Jackson Racing to me about 2 months ago:

From: Jackson Racing Sales [mailto:sales@jacksonracing.com]
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 2:22 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Is it possible to make a 2013 Honda Fit Supercharger Kit?
Importance: High

We currently have no plans to offer a Fit supercharger system.

The CR-Z system is not compatible with the Fit. The CR-Z does not have an alternator, while the Fit does. This will effect the supercharger mounting.

Regards,

--
Jackson Racing Sales
sales@jacksonracing.com

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!

Jackson Racing
22895-G Savi Ranch Parkway
Yorba Linda, CA 92887
Tel 714-921-4500
Fax 714-921-4600
www.jacksonracing.com

FitStir 11-07-2013 02:07 PM

^^^Alpina, I know... I remember when you posted that the first time a few months ago.

It should still be more similar to the existing GE8 engine, as opposed to the new generation DI engine. (is what I meant).

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 1209780)

correction

Jackson Racing did not engineer the HPD kit. There was collaboration with Jackson Racing, but they didn't make any of the components or design them. The HPD kit is going to be much nicer since it has the development budget of a large company like Honda. For starters, the HPD kit includes a 6 rib belt assembly conversion and has nice OEM looking injection molded components. They do a better job with the washer reservoir too. I suspect there might be an autotensioner as well, but I'm not sure on that one.
Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums - View Single Post - Honda CRZ HPD 2013

apexanimal 11-08-2013 10:46 AM

So where does the gd engine fit into all of this alternator/crz talk?

FitStir 11-08-2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by apexanimal (Post 1209948)
So where does the gd engine fit into all of this alternator/crz talk?

Probably below the GE8 unfortunately.. :(

In other news..... College Hills started selling the HPD parts (except LSD & supercharger - expected early spring 2014).
HPD: College Hills Honda
A lot less expensive than the original quoted prices from Honda. :thumbups:

cjecpa 11-08-2013 01:06 PM

Thanks for the link will any of the other HPD parts work on the GE8 ie: suspension?

FitStir 11-08-2013 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1209976)
Thanks for the link will any of the other HPD parts work on the GE8 ie: suspension?

The suspension bolts on, but from what I recall from the CRZ forums the rears are different lengths. A few CRZ owners bought the Buddy Clubs which they thought were for the ZF1, but were actually for the GE8, so they had to resolve that.

FYI
Buddy Club now has the N+ coilovers for the CR-Z.
Essentially the kits for the Fit and CR-Z are identical except for the rear strut. The problem is the Fit rears are too long causing improper fit and compression sometimes leading to a blown strut. The CR-Z rears are 30mm shorter. So... if you purchased the N+ coilovers for the Fit for your CRZ you can now contact Buddy Club and for a small fee they will swap out your rear struts. I picked mine up on Mon. and installed... The ride difference is night and day -much smoother and no more harsh hits like you're sitting on bump stops
Buddy Club N+ Coilovers for the CR-Z - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Blown Buddy Club N+ Coilover - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
Great info in the 2nd thread.

cjecpa 11-08-2013 03:30 PM

Funny HPD acknowledges Fit owners want to modify their cars but does not have anything available for the current Fit since it outsells the CR-Z. Seems like waiting for the next generation Fit does not make a lot of sense in that people buying new cars do not want to reduce their warranty especially a new model built in a new plant.

FitStir 11-08-2013 03:41 PM

HPD's been had a kit out for the GE8... for a while... there's a few threads on this but the first one I found is below.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...st-2012-a.html
HPD Fit B-Spec kits available February 1, 2012 ~ Honda Performance Development

One problem is this:

Originally Posted by Cornerstrike (Post 1066385)
Just an FYI

This parts, like most of the parts from the HPD site, are not available for the general public.

You have to be a shop that has a race car, have a race license as a driver or be affiliated with some type of racing series to be able to order HPD parts.

I contacted them over a year ago on this and they made that very clear.

The other problem is that for the prices of the parts in the GE8 you can get better and less expensive (ie. coilovers, air filter, SS brake lines, camber bolts, etc.)

Oh, and there's no warranty (HPD CRZ is reduced warranty), and no GE8 supercharger.

cjecpa 11-08-2013 04:08 PM

Yea I have seen that and went to their site a while back and notice it was for race applications. They seem now to be leaning toward street applications with the CR-Z. The parts are expensive based on the College Hills website but there are people who will pay thinking the higher the price the better the product. I was thinking if they offer street products for the Fit such as a supercharger, suspension, etc maybe other manufacturers would jump on board.