Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Strup Header Review (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/81731-strup-header-review.html)

PITFIT 03-19-2014 02:30 PM

Strup Header Review

Well here it is folks....a review of the Strup Performance Upgrades 4-1 header. I noticed nobody seems to have reviewed it or used it?

http://www.redlinemotive.com/images/...rup/h21103.jpg

Without comparing to other headers, I'd say this is an excellent value. :thumbups:

A couple strong points for this header -
  • Weld quality appears fantastic, no leaks,
  • Flange is rather thick, little chance of warpage.
  • Finish is shiny....ooh I love shiny things :bowdown:
Only weak point thus far is it doesn't have an option to mount to the stock vibration bracket at the transmission, although it doesn't seem to affect it, I'm sure other headers remove that as well.

Performance:

In terms of performance, mind you this is butt-dyno, this has had a positive effect. It seems to be a close copy of the DC header, and the performance should hopefully mimic it. The GREAT thing is the low-end seems just as strong as before (I'm assuming this was due to wise selection of the primary diameter). I was afraid to lose driveability in the lower rpms. The midrange is noticebly stronger :vtec:, and the top end definitely has more room to breathe. Is a header going to blow your mind, no.....combined with my SRI, was it worth it? Definitely.

BTW - you may be able to find these floating around eBay, I won mine on best offer for $80.

Rollerboots666 04-01-2014 10:08 PM

Looks similar to the MR and DME header.

devmail 07-22-2015 09:00 PM

Couldn't pass this one up either, ordered one today. Sick of waiting for the Weapon R race to come back in stock plus it is 1/5 the price.

Myxalplyx 07-25-2015 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by PITFIT (Post 1227599)
BTW - you may be able to find these floating around eBay, I won mine on best offer for $80.

Great review and that is a GREAT price! Wow! Thanks for sharing.

eightsixlife 07-30-2015 06:37 PM

I'll have mine for sale soon, less than 500 miles on it. Selling because going turbo :D

h8rsama 08-01-2015 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by eightsixlife (Post 1315053)
I'll have mine for sale soon, less than 500 miles on it. Selling because going turbo :D

Let me know plz

devmail 08-01-2015 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are selling super cheap on eBay http://m.ebay.ca/itm/STRUP-4-1-EXHAU...882?nav=SEARCH

$69 + free shipping, these were originally $300!

Got mine yesterday
Attachment 10877

domoMKIV 08-01-2015 01:09 PM

Install it yet? :)
Any hardware included? Did you reuse your oem gasket?

Might order myself one of these if it works out for you.

devmail 08-01-2015 04:25 PM

I'm waiting to get another bung welded in for a wideband O2. I'll let ya know how it goes!

h8rsama 08-02-2015 09:05 PM

I couldnt resist XD

Well......i'll tell you later how it goes

Jimmyjoejak 01-04-2016 03:31 PM

For the guys who installed the Strup headers, was there any fitment issues?

Desmond Lamar MacRae 01-04-2016 03:53 PM

After reading this I guess they only make header for 1st Gen.

h8rsama 01-05-2016 12:48 PM

Nop, fitment was just right.

I needed a new gasket tho.

So far, so good.
At first i couldnt tell where the gains were but now is definitely in mids and some highs.
AND smoother in the low end car now can hold a gear going up in 2k rpm and feel good at it.
Im pleased with this

Note: Im using a FUJITA CAI, and recently i got this breathing windows on my bumper and it feels even better now with the air flowing better. So far, so good :D

Jimmyjoejak 01-05-2016 02:59 PM

Did you guys find a way to mount to the stock vibration bracket at the transmission? Is it possible to add a bracket to the spring mount bolt?

h8rsama 01-06-2016 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmyjoejak (Post 1331453)
Did you guys find a way to mount to the stock vibration bracket at the transmission? Is it possible to add a bracket to the spring mount bolt?

I wouldnt know that. It was just a bolt on but i guess its all possible if you really need it

Jimmyjoejak 01-06-2016 01:35 PM

the stock headers have the mount and most other headers I've seen also have it so I'm assuming it's something that's needed. So you guys just bolted it up and didn't bother to use the transmission bracket? Any side affect of not mounting it to the bracket? movement of the headers and stress load on the header bolts?

h8rsama 01-06-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmyjoejak (Post 1331593)
the stock headers have the mount and most other headers I've seen also have it so I'm assuming it's something that's needed. So you guys just bolted it up and didn't bother to use the transmission bracket? Any side affect of not mounting it to the bracket? movement of the headers and stress load on the header bolts?

I pretty sure i didnt see any brackets. 5 bolts up, 2 down, no more. It is yours a gd? AT or MT?

Jimmyjoejak 01-06-2016 01:57 PM

I have 2008 GD3 MT. The OEM headers has a mounting bracket on the bottom where it connects to the spring bolts. The Strup headers don't have this, but other aftermarket headers have the extra mounting hole like the OEM.

h8rsama 01-06-2016 04:00 PM

Bracket

Originally Posted by Jimmyjoejak (Post 1331597)
I have 2008 GD3 MT. The OEM headers has a mounting bracket on the bottom where it connects to the spring bolts. The Strup headers don't have this, but other aftermarket headers have the extra mounting hole like the OEM.

I see what are you talking about. Oem header has a bracket in deed. But it is used for the heat cover and strut don't have it. Just forget about it. It's nothing transmission related stuff

Jimmyjoejak 01-06-2016 05:16 PM

Yup, it has the 3 nuts for the heat shield but the flange that accepts the spring bolts also has another hole for the bracket that mounts to the transmission. The OP said this too.

"Only weak point thus far is it doesn't have an option to mount to the stock vibration bracket at the transmission, although it doesn't seem to affect it, I'm sure other headers remove that as well."

I'm just wondering if omitting this will cause any long term problems since now the header is only held by the header bolts and the connection to the cat.