Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   KTuner ECU Reflash (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/86764-ktuner-ecu-reflash.html)

BMW ALPINA 04-02-2015 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by slimchriz (Post 1300497)
If I could source the plugs and pins I could make these harnesses for half that cost easily. hint hint...

I will PM you for the "hint hint" :)

myblackhatch 04-05-2015 08:35 PM

pleased to see something is happening

I honestly have not been on this forum to actually look around in a long time and I stumble on this my first day back. Fantastic!!!

As a self proclaimed Honda guy and tuner I am very pleased to see someone finally decided to support the Fit platform. I have said from day one that the fit is the ek hatch of its time. As these cars get cheaper, they will explode in the racing scene and R&D time will not be wasted for early adopters. Unlocking the ecu is the first step.

A big :thumbups: to Ktuner for taking this on and giving the people what they want. I personally have not had the oppertunity to tune using your software but I will have to contact you about possibly getting setup as a dealer and ordering one for my own personal fit to have some fun with.

-JBtuned

KTuner 04-06-2015 08:06 PM

Thank you. :)

slimchriz 04-06-2015 08:19 PM

Got some updates on Ktuner forum.

They do support the 09-12 fits but didnt update thier site yet.

They do NOT support forced induction.

Ordered another FIC 6.

KTuner 04-06-2015 08:21 PM

I updated the site to reflect the part numbers I know work as of now.

Correct, no FI support at present.

yovtecjustkickedin 04-07-2015 11:54 PM

Anyone got any actual dyno graphs showing WHP increase from Ktuner install/tuning? Know the estimated graph is posted, interested in seeing an actual test, before and after, if possible and the mods to the car, tuning method used, etc.:)

07fit916 04-08-2015 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by yovtecjustkickedin (Post 1301354)
Anyone got any actual dyno graphs showing WHP increase from Ktuner install/tuning? Know the estimated graph is posted, interested in seeing an actual test, before and after, if possible and the mods to the car, tuning method used, etc.:)

Why not be the first?

yovtecjustkickedin 04-08-2015 12:04 AM

Did you just say you were starting a Crowd Funding site for the cause?

07fit916 04-08-2015 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by yovtecjustkickedin (Post 1301357)
Did you just say you were starting a Crowd Funding site for the cause?

wouldnt even get anything if only fit owners are donating.

hotkey 04-12-2015 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 07fit916 (Post 1297351)
its an edyno. id personally like more accurate numbers. theres a lot of variables (bumps, air temps, etc) with a 3rd gear pull on the street. not saying im complaining haha. but i hit 113hp/105tq on a dyno with just intake and exhaust and no tune.

May i ask what fuel you're using? 91 or 93 or maybe something else? Will your ecu adjust to changes in fuel after the Vit tune?

yovtecjustkickedin 04-12-2015 11:18 PM

Very interested in the Ktuner. Struggling with paying $700+ for a system that I don't know how much WHP I will get, what all is possible (interested in:
Revert back to stock fast and easy?
Tune for 87, 89, 93 oct?
Some version of 15 secs of Hypertune for more WHP?
Adjust Fuel/Air/Ignition via laptop while on a long trip - perhaps lean it out to 15/1, 18/1?
What are reasonable expectation for time and effort of maximizing Ktuner?
Reckon I am pretty unknowledgeable, how do I get knowledgeable?
)

hotkey 04-12-2015 11:36 PM

^ A lot of questions. I'll answer what i know.

Reverting to stock should be fast & easy, simply reflash to stock maps. Stock maps should be downloaded to your laptop and never deleted. Make copies, preferably.

Don't know if it's better to tune for specific octane numbers or tuning that adjusts to fuel quality. Should ask Vitviper about that.

18:1 AFR is .... too lean, i think. Real-time tuning currently in beta mode.

hotkey 04-12-2015 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1301191)
I updated the site to reflect the part numbers I know work as of now.

Eh? No option to dump ECU contents yet? Wasn't that in beta mode?

07fit916 04-13-2015 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by hotkey (Post 1302027)
May i ask what fuel you're using? 91 or 93 or maybe something else? Will your ecu adjust to changes in fuel after the Vit tune?

California 91

Not sure on the 2nd question. Have only ran 91 since the tune.

KTuner 04-13-2015 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by hotkey (Post 1302030)
Eh? No option to dump ECU contents yet? Wasn't that in beta mode?

There's no secure way of doing so currently, so why would I release that to the public? If there's a local I can dump the ECU no problem. It's a tool for me, not you.

Master Drail 04-14-2015 03:25 PM

Hey I have a question, and I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

I have a hps short ram intake, with two breathers where the little black hose would connect (i would post pics on here, but I can't for some reason...) and a tanabe axleback exhaust. I plan on installing the T1R midpipe in a couple of months and was wondering if I get the car tuned afterwards, will my mileage decrease, increase, or stay the same? Im a very conservative driver either way but since i drive to palm beach international for work on i95 in Florida, it's nice to have that extra power when available when I need it. Again, I apologize for my ignorance as I did some mods to my last car (99 crown vic) but never did a tune to the ecu.

Thank You.

hotkey 04-15-2015 07:36 AM

^ mileage generally increases, about 15% or so.

Master Drail 04-15-2015 10:01 AM

Indeed? Than I guess I'm going through with it :-D

Myxalplyx 04-15-2015 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Master Drail (Post 1302269)
I plan on installing the T1R midpipe in a couple of months and was wondering if I get the car tuned afterwards, will my mileage decrease, increase, or stay the same?
Thank You.

From Vit Viper Tuned Site --> Vit Viper KTuner eTune

"This tune includes a complete Wide Open Throttle (WOT) analysis and tune as well as a complete part throttle and knock analysis package. The WOT portion is similar to what is done at a dyno shop except with more revisions while the part throttle tuning is focused on zeroing Short Term Fuel Trims (STFT) which will not only improve WOT transitions but also inturn improve throttle response, performance, low end torque and fuel mileage.

This isn't some "off the shelf" reflash -- this is a CUSTOM map that will tune everything on the car: fueling, ignition, cam phasing, VTEC, etc."

Master Drail 04-15-2015 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1302367)
From Vit Viper Tuned Site --> Vit Viper KTuner eTune

"This tune includes a complete Wide Open Throttle (WOT) analysis and tune as well as a complete part throttle and knock analysis package. The WOT portion is similar to what is done at a dyno shop except with more revisions while the part throttle tuning is focused on zeroing Short Term Fuel Trims (STFT) which will not only improve WOT transitions but also inturn improve throttle response, performance, low end torque and fuel mileage.

This isn't some "off the shelf" reflash -- this is a CUSTOM map that will tune everything on the car: fueling, ignition, cam phasing, VTEC, etc."

I figured it would help with everything i had in mind for installing on the car. I just wasn't sure about the mpg detail. Thank you again for the response! :-D