Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   KTuner ECU Reflash (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/86764-ktuner-ecu-reflash.html)

KTuner 02-04-2015 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by jibberjabbs (Post 1290733)
I've been involved from the start, looking for a better tuning solution for the Sprintex system.

Ktuner, Does the above statement mean you would be interested working with companies like Sprintex? Or, you want to sell some units to prove the interest exists?

If nobody supports the product by purchasing a unit then it becomes a platform that's not devoted much development time and will progress very slowly.

BMW ALPINA 02-04-2015 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1290742)
If nobody supports the product by purchasing a unit then it becomes a platform that's not devoted much development time and will progress very slowly.

Oh, so basically, you just have to have 1 customer with Sprintex supercharger willing to buy (and pay) the first K-Tuner unit for Sprintex application from you,
Is this correct?

If somebody here willing to buy and pay the K-Tuner unit from you for their Sprintex Supercharger application,
do they need to bring their car to your facility in order for you to developed the K-Tuner for Sprintex application?
?

and will this K-Tuner for Sprintex cost more then the standard K-Tuner for non supercharged application?
if yes, how much will the cost be?

Thanks

KTuner 02-04-2015 03:07 PM

It has nothing to do with a customer having a SC. It has nothing to do with Sprintex. There's only one version of the product.

I'm not sure how you guys think projects like this get funded, but without people supporting the platform it won't get devoted as much development time. I'm unfortunately not sure how to get any clearer without breaking forum rules.

jibberjabbs 02-04-2015 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1290755)
It has nothing to do with a customer having a SC. It has nothing to do with Sprintex. There's only one version of the product.

I'm not sure how you guys think projects like this get funded, but without people supporting the platform it won't get devoted as much development time. I'm unfortunately not sure how to get any clearer without breaking forum rules.

The problem to me seems that there is a need for two products. One for NA (normally inspired) and one for FI (forced induction). From what Ktuner is telling us the development/funding for FI is reliant on the demand for NA. So we (Sprintex owners) either wait for that to happen or find a path for Ktuner to develop the FI, such as funding the project (crowd sourcing) or partners (like Sprintex). I did actually email Sprintex about this opportunity.

KTuner 02-04-2015 04:24 PM

You get it. :) but it's all part of one. Once FI support and other features are finished it's all included in the single package.

I think it'd be great to see involvement from them. I have introduced the major support which covers tuning for NA applications. It won't be until people are actually using and supporting the product that speed density fueling can be developed for the platform.

Orcshine101 02-04-2015 06:42 PM

Please let us know when they are ready! I would love to purchase one for my ge8

rhop 02-05-2015 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Orcshine101 (Post 1290787)
Please let us know when they are ready! I would love to purchase one for my ge8

What year is yours? It is available for 12-13 models :)

Orcshine101 02-05-2015 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by rhop (Post 1290893)
What year is yours? It is available for 12-13 models :)

I have a 2010 MT base ktuner said they would have the 09 to 10 ready by end of this week o0o0o0o we shall see

hotkey 02-05-2015 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1290275)
Has anyone purchase a KTuner for testing for 2010 models or any other models? Curious since it's been quiet somewhat.

I'm having trouble acquiring an ECU. Honda dealer doesn't have it in stock, nor do they have a price.

07fit916 02-06-2015 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Orcshine101 (Post 1290924)
I have a 2010 MT base ktuner said they would have the 09 to 10 ready by end of this week o0o0o0o we shall see

you should just order it. by the time it gets to you it'll probably already have support for 09-10 lol

Myxalplyx 02-06-2015 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by hotkey (Post 1290990)
I'm having trouble acquiring an ECU. Honda dealer doesn't have it in stock, nor do they have a price.

You don't have to order an ECU. You hook the KTuner up to your OBD2 port. Then you hook your laptop computer up to it. The laptop computer is used to upload a reflash to your car's ECU through your OBD2 port, using the KTuner device as the interface.

You'd best check with KTuner first by sending them your car's ECU part number (found on your ECU) to see if they can reflash it or not.

j1nNju1c3 02-06-2015 10:31 AM

Been away from the forums for a while and I guess it's a good time come back. Damn, this is a great time to come back.

IN for the support. 09 A/T here

Ah crap, you guys don't support Windows Vista :(

Myxalplyx 02-06-2015 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3 (Post 1291046)
Been away from the forums for a while and I guess it's a good time come back. Damn, this is a great time to come back.

IN for the support. 09 A/T here

Ah crap, you guys don't support Windows Vista :(

Create an XP Mode for Windows 7 Home Versions & Vista

KTuner 02-06-2015 03:12 PM

There are some people running with Vista just fine, but since Vista commonly has issues you're on your own to use it.

hotkey 02-08-2015 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1291043)
You'd best check with KTuner first by sending them your car's ECU part number (found on your ECU) to see if they can reflash it or not.

Did. ECU or update files needed, neither or which is available from local Honda dealer.
I'm on the other side of your world, BTW, with ECU part number 37820-RB7-P64.

KTuner 02-08-2015 06:06 PM

Still searching!

Myxalplyx 02-09-2015 07:41 AM

Just a heads up! If any of you guys were to use Vit Tuning to tune your vehicle, you can get a before and after E-Dyno with results. You don't even have to go to a dyno or have doubts about what your before and after results are.

Just wanted to get that out there. I'm really interested in seeing how this works out for you all. Can't wait to see some results before the beginnings of race season (which is coming up really quick).

Vit Tuning E-Dyno

swflej1 02-10-2015 10:16 AM

Thanks Myxalplyx for telling me about this.

DWils 02-13-2015 06:18 AM

I'll second what Myxalplyx said about Vit. He tuned my 2007 Fit and worked miracles with it. He was also in the process of tuning my 2012 Civic Si when I switched from using FlashPro to KTuner.

There were some naysayers who poo-poo'd the e-dyno so I went to a "real" dyno and you know what happened? The numbers were within like 2whp of each other.

Master Drail 02-16-2015 05:30 PM

new subscriber

I have been waiting for this since getting my fit 2 years ago (2009 Fit Sport A/T). When you have it fully supported, please let us know. If it works, I will certainly be buying it.
Subscribed :-D