Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   KTuner ECU Reflash (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/86764-ktuner-ecu-reflash.html)

07fit916 02-17-2015 01:28 AM

Just to update everyone.. Vit finished my tune and im just trying to find a place to let me do a couple dyno pulls for cheap lol.

KTuner 02-17-2015 07:07 PM

Vit's going to tune an 09 while he's in SoCal and then I'll list 09-10 on the site.

cl juice 02-18-2015 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 07fit916 (Post 1292734)
Just to update everyone.. Vit finished my tune and im just trying to find a place to let me do a couple dyno pulls for cheap lol.

did Vit give you an e-dyno?
what were the numbers (hp/tq)?

DWils 02-19-2015 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by cl juice (Post 1293012)
did Vit give you an e-dyno?
what were the numbers (hp/tq)?

Don't forget to post your e-dyno sheet in the "What did you dyno at?" thread!

KTuner 02-21-2015 10:12 AM

Wow... I'm impressed. Vit picked up 17 ponies on the 2009 Fit! I'll try to find out what mods it had.

Myxalplyx 02-21-2015 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1293468)
Wow... I'm impressed. Vit picked up 17 ponies on the 2009 Fit! I'll try to find out what mods it had.

Holy Cow! This is FANTASTIC! Once you get some of the details (even dyno info), I'll post it up on the first post so newcomers to the thread can see it first hand.

Congrats to the owner!

KTuner 02-21-2015 07:15 PM

Intake and exhaust, looks like. Tuned on 91. Vit may jump in to post the dyno sheet or I will once he sends it.

hotkey 02-24-2015 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1293468)
Vit picked up 17 ponies on the 2009 Fit!

Ah, very good! So +20whp should be attainable on premium fuel?
I'm still looking for an used ECU; this is getting me really excited!

KTuner 02-25-2015 09:14 AM

Here's the graph.

https://scontent-2.22773.fna.fbcdn.n...47171860_o.png

Hotkey, hold off on the ECU search. It may come to a point where I build in the option to dump the ECU contents via CAN Bus in a situation like yours.

555sexydrive 02-25-2015 07:25 PM

That's quite the nice improvement with just some tuning.

1SickVeilsideZ 02-25-2015 09:19 PM

The results are looking pretty good! We need to get some FI support going here!

Desmond Lamar MacRae 02-26-2015 12:15 AM

Thats a HUGE gain for a 1.5liter SOHC motor.

hotkey 02-26-2015 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1294034)
Hotkey, hold off on the ECU search. It may come to a point where I build in the option to dump the ECU contents via CAN Bus in a situation like yours.

Dude! Sweeeet! :thumbups:

My wallet thanks you! :D

BMW ALPINA 02-26-2015 11:02 AM

I hope KTuner will soon add the support for Sprintex Supercharger application.
Almost every Sprintex user here had experience with "HICCUP" with the piggy back that came with the kit (or the wiring)...
that one of the reason that make me keep on holding on buying the Sprintex.

The current solution that I see will fix this are:
1. Using Larger Fuel Pump (Evo X or deatschwerks equivalent) (around $150)
2. Using Larger Injector (RDX Injector) (around $450)
and to control all the above addition you need to use
AEM F/IC 30-1910 and Boomslang Harness (around $900).
and if you want to do the data logging you need AEM UEGO
which I already have (another $150 )

So all the above will significantly add the cost on top of the Sprintex kit.
(around $1,650 extra on top of the $3,000 the Sprintex kit cost).
I mean this is what I think would make sure the Sprintex kit will
have good realibility and NO HICCUP anymore...

The most significant cost is of course the AEM F/IC and the Boomslang Harness.

so if KTuner support Sprintex Supercharger tuning,
then there surely will be many new customer for KTuner from the people currently already have Sprintex on their car.
Most of Current Sprintex user had not optimize their car tune with a custom dyno tune, so most of them are not using their Sprintex at
the most optimize/ideal tuning.
Some maybe reluctant due to the high cost and the time it take to do dyno tune,
whatever the reason is,
if KTuner offer a tuning solution for Sprintex and if the dyno result from just one happy customer
show GAIN (before KTuner and after KTuner with Sprintex equipped car)
and better DRIVEABILITY with no more sudden limping mode,
I am sure many current sprintex user will line up to order KTuner and tuned by VitViper

or

for future Sprintex user like me who know they can have reliable Tuning solution with KTuner that is not as expensive as the AEM route.
plus the work needed to install the Boomslang harness and ROUTE it in into the cabin (so the AEM F/IC is more protected then living it in the engine compartment) will be a pain and not as simple
as KTuner plug in to the car and reflash...

not to mention the ability to be tuned remotely with VitTuner,
vs.
if I get the AEM, I have to do my own "emergency" tune just so I can drive my car to the nearest tuner risking my engine during the drive there or of course put my car on a flat back truck and pay more cost to get my car to the nearest tuner.

(yeah, I already think about all the pain I had to gone through to install Sprintex and make sure it will run well)...

so clearly there are plenty of advantage to use KTuner solution compare to AEM...

Hopefully I will be ready to get my Sprintex kit by next month or 2,
and when that finally happened,

I wish KTuner already offer the tuning solution for Honda Fit GE equipped with Supercharger (and larger INJECTOR)...
otherwise,
I will be forced to pay much more for AEM F/IC and Boomslang harness and deal with all the extra work needed with using AEM...

Myxalplyx 02-26-2015 08:11 PM

So much potential! OOohhhh

You 2009-2010 guys aree using the same maf sensor as a 2010 Honda Civic LX. The diameter of the Civic LX maf housing may be slightly larger than the stock Fit housing. You could get the air cleaner cover for about $22.00, have your throttle body bored by Maxbore and go for an even larger intake tubing than you have now and re-tune.

Same for the 2012-2013 Fits. You have the same maf sensor number as the 2014 Civic LX. I tested this myself in a Civic maf housing and it works but I can't recalibrate my ECU to make it read like it should. So many combos...

Then there's cams like Deltcams...etc. etc. :hyper:

I so would be doing this myself but my KTuner ECU is still a work in progress. Man...I'd be all over this stuff if I where the 2009's through 2013's. :p

yovtecjustkickedin 02-26-2015 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1294372)
So much potential! OOohhhh

You 2009-2010 guys aree using the same maf sensor as a 2010 Honda Civic LX. The diameter of the Civic LX maf housing may be slightly larger than the stock Fit housing. You could get the air cleaner cover for about $22.00, have your throttle body bored by Maxbore and go for an even larger intake tubing than you have now and re-tune.

Same for the 2012-2013 Fits. You have the same maf sensor number as the 2014 Civic LX. I tested this myself in a Civic maf housing and it works but I can't recalibrate my ECU to make it read like it should. So many combos...

Then there's cams like Deltcams...etc. etc. :hyper:

I so would be doing this myself but my KTuner ECU is still a work in progress. Man...I'd be all over this stuff if I where the 2009's through 2013's. :p

Would you like to tune a 2010 vicariously?

Myxalplyx 02-26-2015 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by yovtecjustkickedin (Post 1294375)
Would you like to tune a 2010 vicariously?

I'm just pumped to see the potential with just an intake an exhaust. I can't tune but Vit Viper can. It just seems like there's a good deal of untapped potential. YoVtec...I'm waiting to see what you do with your 2010.

yovtecjustkickedin 02-26-2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1294377)
I'm just pumped to see the potential with just an intake an exhaust. I can't tune but Vit Viper can. It just seems like there's a good deal of untapped potential. YoVtec...I'm waiting to see what you do with your 2010.

Yeah, me too!

bunz559 03-08-2015 10:13 PM

Idk what happened... but i disappeared for awhile and never did anything to my fit. I come back and see that theres this product!? Awesome. The after market support is minimal but something like this is the beginning of changes to our market.

Kool beans.

1SickVeilsideZ 03-09-2015 01:34 AM

Still waiting for the FI update. Cash in hand ready to go.