Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KTuner ECU Reflash

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
KTuner ECU Reflash GK5 L15B Fit

What is KTuner?
KTuner is a new tuning solution for K series applications. KTuner was originally designed for use on the RSX platform, but can be used on a variety of applications including newer flash based vehicles up to current model year.

What can I do with KTuner?
KTuner allows full tuning of ignition, fuel, cam angle, and additional supporting parameters. Paired with essential datalogging parameters at high speeds, KTuner can be utilized to tune your application properly. KTuner also has custom developed features that can help you achieve your tuning goals beyond the factory capabilities.

What kind of hardware does KTuner require? How much is it?
For the older vehicles we have in-ECU hardware that gets installed directly into the ECU. For newer flash based vehicles we have hardware that plugs right into your OBD2 port. For more information and pricing see our KTuner systems page.

I just want a reflash. Where can I get that?
A KTuner dealer can reflash or dyno tune your ECU without the additional price of the end user system.

What if I want to be able to make changes myself?
Purchase a KTuner system that allows you to make changes yourself. Dealers and other tuners would be able to dyno tune you with this package.

Version History

Click here to see supported Fits

Dyno plot of 2009 Fit with Intake, Exhaust and 91 Octane. +17whp max!!!! Horsepower and Torque gains across the board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 GE Fit
Mod List
Engine:
Greddy SE Axle back exhaust
T1R b-pipe
T1R racing converter
T1R header
Takeda Cold Air Intake
Denso IK22 Spark plugs
KTuner OBD Reflash unit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Honda Fit
Mod List:
All Stock (No modifications)
Ktuner Reflash

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KTuner Forum - Honda Fit

KTuner
KTuner Facebook

Honda Accord Thread
Honda Civic Thread
RSX Ktuner Thread

Attached Thumbnails KTuner ECU Reflash-16209360783_f6f8fc21c9_b.jpg   KTuner ECU Reflash-ktunerflashunit2.jpg   KTuner ECU Reflash-80-2015fit_6a5d35175a5ef6eec825115c88dce32696e0870b.jpg  

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 02-01-2016 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
**Update 12-17-14**

I ordered the unit and should be getting it before the end of the year. I'll be datalogging my normal day to day driving then send in my ECU datalog via email to Vit Viper to be Vit Viper Tuned. See the link for details!

This should be fun! This is when the data logging and ECU tuning will began. Vit Viper tunes the Ktuner. Ktuner has already looked at my ECU model and thinks everything is a go.

Will update once the unit arrives.

I am SOOOOoooooo excited about this after reading the threads I posted above. I just finished my intake and exhaust modifications. This along with the 92 octane should make things very interesting. I hope!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-17-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:30 PM
son of a bitch!

Keep us updated, this is great!

Old 12-18-2014, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
son of a bitch!

Keep us updated, this is great!

If you have a 2015....

Old 12-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
If you have a 2015....

Hondata confirmed that the GE and GK share very similar ecu's though they still havent officially said if they are going to get off their asses and program for a few weeks to break the "encryption"

Old 12-18-2014, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
Hondata confirmed that the GE and GK share very similar ecu's though they still havent officially said if they are going to get off their asses and program for a few weeks to break the "encryption"
Look at this thread ---> Hondata List

Lots of great people willing to spend their hard earned $$$ to make it happen. Still no word from Hondata and they know about the list. Hondata flat out told me they have no plans for the GK Fit. If the GK Fit has a similar ECU as the GE, well.......you probably can finish this sentence.

I simply asked Ktuner and Vit Viper and they are making it happen. No begging! No group buys! No long month/years wait. They simply said, YES. All you gotta do is ask. Wait no more......

Don't let me have all the fun alone. If you do, that's ok too.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-18-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Ktuner has one of the absolute best customer service reputations around the honda world. One of the prime spots for K swap parts for the older civics and integras.

I cannot recall even a SINGLE bad thing people have said about Ktuned.

Those dudes know how to handle business!

Old 12-18-2014, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
This would be a great coup for the GE/GK crowd, well those that are interested in extracting power or even greater FE out of the L. I would be interested in it, but with my engine rebuild happening shortly, J's is doing a bespoke reflash based on the rebuild, so it should be optimal. So being a key word.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:00 AM
J's always does max allowed power that still maintains great reliability. I would not worry at all.

J's proves themselves in competition

Old 12-19-2014, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
They responded to my inquiry in about 15 minutes:

Me: Hello, Have you ever considered offering a tuning solution for a 09-13 Honda Fit?

Them: We will definitely get 09-13 covered. Currently we've seen no interest, so it's further down the list. You're the first to inquire.

Regards,
KTuner Support
KTuner, LLC

Old 12-19-2014, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
^ No interest my a$$!

I sent an email as well. Someone tell them about Fitfreak!

Looks promising though, as they already have TSX MT listed, AT coming soon.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
Oooo... these people respond quick!

I asked if their current system works w/ 2012 Honda Fit AT's and ...

"Currently it does not. We seek to add support for most Honda/Acura. It'd be nice to get a part number from your ECU so I know whether we can support it since I'm not sure if it's the same codebase there."

Someone who has that part number, send it quick!

Old 12-19-2014, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
ME: Wow, It is mind blowing to me that no one else has contacted you guys about this platform. So far we (Fitfreak forum) have just been wasting our time whining to Hondata for a solution:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-flashpro.html

If you are considering developing something for the Fit, would it be OK for me to direct interest to you via this email? Or start up a forum somewhere?

THEM: I plan to support most Honda/Acura platforms, fit being one of them. If you mention KTuner make sure you mention that 09-13 isn't done yet. It'd be nice to see how many interested people there are. I have my own forum or email is fine.

Regards,
KTuner Support
KTuner, LLC

So I started a thread on the KTuner Forum:
KTuner.com ? View topic - Tuning solution for 09-13 Honda Fit GE8

Also see their Facebook:
facebook.com/KTunerLLC

Last edited by jibberjabbs; 12-19-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: more info
Old 12-19-2014, 12:20 PM
BTW guys, I mistaken ktuner for ktuned. Im sure they are still extremely capable!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Just sent them an email. I made it quite a bit obvious we are lacking in support, but more importantly, I explained why there was no interest, based on we did not know they were able to support us.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:19 PM
I've registered as asked by community members. If admins are going to take issue with me being here and answering questions that may arise please let me know ahead of time.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Well would you look at that.

The only reason we've showed no interest is because we gave up

Glad you are here.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:17 PM
That and I operate on word of mouth.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
This could get interesting. Could KTuner be used for forced induction with the factory AFM based calibration? These are a few of thing that pops into my mind.

· Calibration for after market intake
· Calibration for larger injectors
· Retard timing on boost
· Adjust fuel trim on boost
· Real-time data logging to laptop

Old 12-19-2014, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KTuner
I've registered as asked by community members.
I just wanted to say welcome to the site. Glad you became a part of the community and that I hope for the best. I'll be posting updates since I see the unit is on its way. Kinda sitting back and letting thread the take a life of its own.

Huge thanks for stopping by and being supportive.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-19-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: KTuner ECU Reflash