Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   KTuner ECU Reflash (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/86764-ktuner-ecu-reflash.html)

Myxalplyx 12-12-2014 07:33 PM

KTuner ECU Reflash GK5 L15B Fit

6 Attachment(s)
What is KTuner?
KTuner is a new tuning solution for K series applications. KTuner was originally designed for use on the RSX platform, but can be used on a variety of applications including newer flash based vehicles up to current model year.

What can I do with KTuner?
KTuner allows full tuning of ignition, fuel, cam angle, and additional supporting parameters. Paired with essential datalogging parameters at high speeds, KTuner can be utilized to tune your application properly. KTuner also has custom developed features that can help you achieve your tuning goals beyond the factory capabilities.

What kind of hardware does KTuner require? How much is it?
For the older vehicles we have in-ECU hardware that gets installed directly into the ECU. For newer flash based vehicles we have hardware that plugs right into your OBD2 port. For more information and pricing see our KTuner systems page.

I just want a reflash. Where can I get that?
A KTuner dealer can reflash or dyno tune your ECU without the additional price of the end user system.

What if I want to be able to make changes myself?
Purchase a KTuner system that allows you to make changes yourself. Dealers and other tuners would be able to dyno tune you with this package.

Version History

Click here to see supported Fits

Dyno plot of 2009 Fit with Intake, Exhaust and 91 Octane. +17whp max!!!! Horsepower and Torque gains across the board.
https://scontent-2.22773.fna.fbcdn.n...47171860_o.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 GE Fit
Mod List
Engine:
Greddy SE Axle back exhaust
T1R b-pipe
T1R racing converter
T1R header
Takeda Cold Air Intake
Denso IK22 Spark plugs
KTuner OBD Reflash unit

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/atta...ine=1450316675
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Honda Fit
Mod List:
All Stock (No modifications)
Ktuner Reflash

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/atta...ine=1454222112
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KTuner Forum - Honda Fit

KTuner
KTuner Facebook

Honda Accord Thread
Honda Civic Thread
RSX Ktuner Thread

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/atta...ine=1450316675

Myxalplyx 12-17-2014 08:43 PM

**Update 12-17-14**

I ordered the unit and should be getting it before the end of the year. I'll be datalogging my normal day to day driving then send in my ECU datalog via email to Vit Viper to be Vit Viper Tuned. See the link for details!

This should be fun! This is when the data logging and ECU tuning will began. Vit Viper tunes the Ktuner. Ktuner has already looked at my ECU model and thinks everything is a go.

Will update once the unit arrives. :thumbups:

I am SOOOOoooooo excited about this after reading the threads I posted above. I just finished my intake and exhaust modifications. This along with the 92 octane should make things very interesting. I hope!

13fit 12-18-2014 01:30 PM

son of a bitch!

Keep us updated, this is great!

jibberjabbs 12-18-2014 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by 13fit (Post 1282922)
son of a bitch!

Keep us updated, this is great!

If you have a 2015....

13fit 12-18-2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by jibberjabbs (Post 1282942)
If you have a 2015....

Hondata confirmed that the GE and GK share very similar ecu's though they still havent officially said if they are going to get off their asses and program for a few weeks to break the "encryption"

Myxalplyx 12-18-2014 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by 13fit (Post 1282993)
Hondata confirmed that the GE and GK share very similar ecu's though they still havent officially said if they are going to get off their asses and program for a few weeks to break the "encryption"

Look at this thread ---> Hondata List

Lots of great people willing to spend their hard earned $$$ to make it happen. Still no word from Hondata and they know about the list. Hondata flat out told me they have no plans for the GK Fit. If the GK Fit has a similar ECU as the GE, well.......you probably can finish this sentence.

I simply asked Ktuner and Vit Viper and they are making it happen. No begging! No group buys! No long month/years wait. They simply said, YES. All you gotta do is ask. :nod: Wait no more......

Don't let me have all the fun alone. If you do, that's ok too. :)

13fit 12-18-2014 09:27 PM

Ktuner has one of the absolute best customer service reputations around the honda world. One of the prime spots for K swap parts for the older civics and integras.

I cannot recall even a SINGLE bad thing people have said about Ktuned.

Those dudes know how to handle business!

555sexydrive 12-18-2014 09:36 PM

This would be a great coup for the GE/GK crowd, well those that are interested in extracting power or even greater FE out of the L. I would be interested in it, but with my engine rebuild happening shortly, J's is doing a bespoke reflash based on the rebuild, so it should be optimal. So being a key word. :)

13fit 12-19-2014 02:00 AM

J's always does max allowed power that still maintains great reliability. I would not worry at all.

J's proves themselves in competition

jibberjabbs 12-19-2014 09:35 AM

They responded to my inquiry in about 15 minutes:

Me: Hello, Have you ever considered offering a tuning solution for a 09-13 Honda Fit?

Them: We will definitely get 09-13 covered. Currently we've seen no interest, so it's further down the list. You're the first to inquire.

Regards,
KTuner Support
KTuner, LLC

hotkey 12-19-2014 09:45 AM

^ No interest my a$$!

I sent an email as well. Someone tell them about Fitfreak!

Looks promising though, as they already have TSX MT listed, AT coming soon.

hotkey 12-19-2014 10:00 AM

Oooo... these people respond quick!

I asked if their current system works w/ 2012 Honda Fit AT's and ...

"Currently it does not. We seek to add support for most Honda/Acura. It'd be nice to get a part number from your ECU so I know whether we can support it since I'm not sure if it's the same codebase there."

Someone who has that part number, send it quick!

jibberjabbs 12-19-2014 10:19 AM

ME: Wow, It is mind blowing to me that no one else has contacted you guys about this platform. So far we (Fitfreak forum) have just been wasting our time whining to Hondata for a solution:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-flashpro.html

If you are considering developing something for the Fit, would it be OK for me to direct interest to you via this email? Or start up a forum somewhere?

THEM: I plan to support most Honda/Acura platforms, fit being one of them. If you mention KTuner make sure you mention that 09-13 isn't done yet. It'd be nice to see how many interested people there are. I have my own forum or email is fine.

Regards,
KTuner Support
KTuner, LLC

So I started a thread on the KTuner Forum:
KTuner.com ? View topic - Tuning solution for 09-13 Honda Fit GE8

Also see their Facebook:
facebook.com/KTunerLLC

13fit 12-19-2014 12:20 PM

BTW guys, I mistaken ktuner for ktuned. Im sure they are still extremely capable!

13fit 12-19-2014 12:29 PM

Just sent them an email. I made it quite a bit obvious we are lacking in support, but more importantly, I explained why there was no interest, based on we did not know they were able to support us.

KTuner 12-19-2014 04:19 PM

I've registered as asked by community members. If admins are going to take issue with me being here and answering questions that may arise please let me know ahead of time.

Wanderer. 12-19-2014 05:10 PM

Well would you look at that.

The only reason we've showed no interest is because we gave up :o

Glad you are here.

KTuner 12-19-2014 05:17 PM

That and I operate on word of mouth. :)

Steven Hung 12-19-2014 05:52 PM

This could get interesting. Could KTuner be used for forced induction with the factory AFM based calibration? These are a few of thing that pops into my mind.

· Calibration for after market intake
· Calibration for larger injectors
· Retard timing on boost
· Adjust fuel trim on boost
· Real-time data logging to laptop

Myxalplyx 12-19-2014 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1283089)
I've registered as asked by community members.

I just wanted to say welcome to the site. Glad you became a part of the community and that I hope for the best. I'll be posting updates since I see the unit is on its way. Kinda sitting back and letting thread the take a life of its own.

Huge thanks for stopping by and being supportive. ;)

13fit 12-19-2014 06:45 PM

Glad you made an account Ktuner! I actually just finished another email to you!

Id suggest browsing some of tech forums on here to get an idea of what we have been doing to overcome our lack of support.

Most of it is going to be the usual bolt on optimizations, but alot of the supercharger owners are wanting a more reliable and easier way to tune.

Especially since the SC kits are restricted variants for other markets.

13fit 12-19-2014 06:57 PM

Ktuned, I do have a scanner that allows datalogging and saving to my phone via the Torque Pro app for android. I currently am maxed out on boltons besides the maxbore TB upgrade and porting the intake manifold.

Currently running 87 octane and IK22s from a S2000 for cheapness, but I can datalog and send if you need a good 93 octane datalog. Its a pretty large timing adjustment on these cars.

Plus the center mounted crank sensor acts like a secondary knock sensor, it goes off like crazy when you use light weight flywheels.

THAT alone would be a major tuning support. Letting us use lighter rotating mass without having to go spend 100-150 at the honda dealership to do a crank sensor relearn

DWils 12-19-2014 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1283089)
I've registered as asked by community members. If admins are going to take issue with me being here and answering questions that may arise please let me know ahead of time.

I was thinking of telling you about all the interest for at least the GE but I thought that the device would only work for K-series engines. Glad to see you here too!

unfamous13 12-19-2014 10:33 PM

woop woooooop!:bowdown:

xxryu139xx 12-19-2014 10:39 PM

lets get this done!

hotkey 12-20-2014 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Steven Hung (Post 1283111)
This could get interesting. Could KTuner be used for forced induction with the factory AFM based calibration? These are a few of thing that pops into my mind.

· Calibration for after market intake
· Calibration for larger injectors
· Retard timing on boost
· Adjust fuel trim on boost
· Real-time data logging to laptop

May i add, higher rev limit.

13fit 12-20-2014 02:03 AM

Max redline I would use is 7500rpm. it will help quite a bit on the quarter mile.

In completely stock form I hit the finish line before hitting the top of third gear (redline 3rd is 82-83mph)

My last drag race in texas I was in 4th gear for a second or two (I think my datalog said 89mph) on my fastest run I ever did with my car.

Getting those extra 500 or so rpms would help immensely for us draggers

1SickVeilsideZ 12-20-2014 09:19 AM

I'm in for this. Hopefully they will be able to support us guys that are running superchargers.

KTuner 12-20-2014 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by DWils (Post 1283155)
I was thinking of telling you about all the interest for at least the GE but I thought that the device would only work for K-series engines. Glad to see you here too!

But I have R18 support already. :)

Thanks for the interest shown so far guys. I'll FIT as much as I can into the short term schedule and ask for some testers shortly. :)

Myxalplyx 12-20-2014 01:44 PM

http://www.ktuner.com/images/KTunerFlashUnit2.jpg
^^^I had an image in my head that this device is all I'd need to plug into the OBD2 port and use the white cord to connect to my computer to upload/download information. Is this correct?

Or will I have to open my ECU up and solder the red piece to my ECU board that you see in this picture below?
http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/dre...1_custom_3.png

I have no soldering skills and would need help with this. Just preparing before the package arrives.

I read about the red hardware piece on the website --> Hardware Installation
I'm hoping the OBD2 connector is an upgraded version of the red hardware piece that may have had to be installed on the earlier versions.

KTuner 12-20-2014 01:47 PM

You're looking in the In-ECU section of the help instead of the OBD2 Interface section. Fit will be listed in the Flash section of the applications list, not In-ECU.

Myxalplyx 12-20-2014 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1283253)
You're looking in the In-ECU section of the help instead of the OBD2 Interface section. Fit will be listed in the Flash section of the applications list, not In-ECU.

Thanks for clearing this up. This'll stop any potential panic attacks from happening if others run into that same section on the help page. :D

KTuner 12-20-2014 01:59 PM

No doubt. :)

13fit 12-21-2014 01:40 AM

Myxalplyx even if it needed soldering, NO DAMN COMPLAINING :rotfl:

(Id do it for you lol) I get to solder capacitors on my video cards whenever my overclocks/overvolts overstress the stuff lol :D :wavey:

Do you need a small netbook temporarily to datalog? I think I got a NB255 laying around with 250gb and win7 32bit tweaked up on it.

hotkey 12-21-2014 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1283120)
I'll be posting updates since I see the unit is on its way. Kinda sitting back and letting thread the take a life of its own.

Huge thanks for stopping by and being supportive. ;)

And thank YOU for bringing this to our attention!

Do post updates and let us know how it goes for you. It'll get us really excited! :hyper: :D

KTuner 12-21-2014 10:01 AM

The OP took the time to check his part number so I could make sure he could be supported right away. If some of you who are interested want to check your part numbers on the ECU in the engine bay and email that info in, that'd be excellent. :)

jibberjabbs 12-21-2014 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by KTuner (Post 1283389)
The OP took the time to check his part number so I could make sure he could be supported right away. If some of you who are interested want to check your part numbers on the ECU in the engine bay and email that info in, that'd be excellent. :)

Here is mine: 2011 Fit Sport 5MT ECU Part# 37820-RP3-A15 6871-101593

BMW ALPINA 12-21-2014 11:59 AM

I have a (GE) 2013 Fit Sport AUTOMATIC Transmission,

according to Bernardi Parts Catalog,

the part number for the ECU : 37820-RP3-A77

KTuner 12-21-2014 12:29 PM

Thanks. I have the catalog numbers, I'm looking for actual numbers to verify everything can be covered with what I already have.

Myxalplyx 12-21-2014 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 13fit (Post 1283360)
Myxalplyx even if it needed soldering, NO DAMN COMPLAINING :rotfl:

(Id do it for you lol) I get to solder capacitors on my video cards whenever my overclocks/overvolts overstress the stuff lol :D :wavey:

Do you need a small netbook temporarily to datalog? I think I got a NB255 laying around with 250gb and win7 32bit tweaked up on it.

Thanks 13fit! I appreciate the help/offer. I'm cool with the notebook and all. Everything is pretty much ready to go.

Currently I'm already looking further out at other items (Cams, Intake manifold, fuel injectors, etc). It would be good to have these items manifesting themselves by the time the Ktuner ECU-tuning portion reaches full maturity.