Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Cold Air Ram Air Foglight Delete. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/94647-cold-air-ram-air-foglight-delete.html)

weenee 11-20-2016 03:30 AM

Cold Air Ram Air Foglight Delete.

2 Attachment(s)
Made a Cold Air Snorkel out of spare parts that extends out the bumper. Torque through every gear has improved tremendously and top end just keeps going!
:violin::vtec::thumbups:

Myxalplyx 12-02-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by weenee (Post 1358684)
Made a Cold Air Snorkel out of spare parts that extends out the bumper. Torque through every gear has improved tremendously and top end just keeps going!
:violin::vtec::thumbups:

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

weenee 12-17-2016 06:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my new setup. I added a Y-splitter to increase velocity after the "y" and increase volume for top end speed. Freeway speed is unbelieveable...

:violin::vtec:

weenee 01-08-2017 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
K&N Typhoon X Stock Airbox Cover = CAI ARC wannabe

:violin::vtec::thumbups::wavey:

weenee 01-10-2017 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this setup is crazy loud and great top end.:vtec:

weenee 01-10-2017 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My thoughts - since the air filter is one of the restrictive parts of the intake and our little engines have to suck air through there, the stock air box is one of the best design. It utilizes a pressurized box which helps with low end response. And since the air filter is closest to the throttle body, the engine can easily suck the air through it, where as most pod cai setup, the air filter is furthest from the throttle body making it harder for the engine to suck air through therefore losing low end torque.

My modded stock airbox - I cut the inlet runner and enlarged it to 2 inches in diameter and extend it to the front bumper to ram air into the airbox raising the pressure and when I open the throttle, air is ready to cram into the cylinder. Some say ram air doesnt have an effect until 150mph, but you still feel incremental increase performance as you get moving even at a slow speed. The longer runner also helps with the lowend torque giving a high velocity of air into the airbox.

This new version that I just created has a y-splitter. Short runner for top end and long runner for lowend torque and ram air effect.
Edit : I think I am satisfied with this intake after all the variations that I've gone through...

solbrothers 01-11-2017 10:31 AM

i hope you realize that everything you're doing is for nothing.

weenee 01-11-2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 1362056)
i hope you realize that everything you're doing is for nothing.

sure...if you say so.:violin::yeahthat: