Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Honda Fit GD AEM F/IC Install? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/95238-honda-fit-gd-aem-f-ic-install.html)

fittenmittens 02-16-2017 05:13 PM

Honda Fit GD AEM F/IC Install?

Hi everyone - I've searched here an a few other places and there are a lot of "got it installed works great" posts but I did not see many with much detail. I'll take a pass at it using the ecu pinout from the hondafitjazz site which should be similar but not identical to the USDM GD but would love it if someone has a current file or summary.

I'm willing to create a clean/simple "crossover" table and post it here in exchange when I'm done :) - FIT ECU - AEM FIC summary.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

Hootie 02-17-2017 12:48 AM

That should be doable and best of luck in your efforts... though I do believe that Boomslang already has a harness made that connects the factory PCM to the AEM F/IC.

In addition to that, Hondata does offer Flash Pro... Which may have the same features if not more (or less possibly) than the AEM F/IC. Have you considered using it?

fittenmittens 02-17-2017 09:00 AM

Flashpro did not offer enough "more" vs. the AEM FIC considering the very low power output of our cars. FIC can control fuel, ignition sufficiently for <200whp which is where the fit will live without a significant engine build. If I was looking for more power than that I'd look more closely elsewhere.

lcq4blackstar 09-27-2017 10:18 PM

Been there done that.... FI/C is useless fuel adjustments? Yes, ran 410cc without issue. Timing? Sure... if you only want to pull timing for boost. What will you be missing by not going Hondata instead? To much to list but here are a few off the top of my head: Support, RPM limits, Timing advance, Map sensor plug-and-play for up to 40PSI, Turn off secondary 02 sensor, Set limits or pull timing for temps, knock, cooling, turn off EGR, much finer fuel adjustment tables... There are plenty more and those are about 10% of the things it is capable of if even that. By the way as Hootie stated you can pick up a boomslang harness for about $200 and the FI/C will be plug-and-play, this is what I ran until Hondata announced the GD3 flashpro and started taking pre-orders BITD.

fittenmittens 09-30-2017 06:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback

lcq4blackstar 10-02-2017 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by fittenmittens (Post 1382070)
Thanks for the feedback

Sure no problem, I should also say that I was able to scale the fueling for the 410's BUT cold starting the engine resulted in excessive cranking. I believe this was do to cranking fuel not being scaled back with the FI/C, which you have tables for with the FlashPro.
One other major thing you can do with the FlashPro is scale the TPS values. Doing this you can get a true 1:1 pedal to TB butterfly same as if you had a throttle cable instead of DBW. Before FlashPro I absolutely despised the tables the pedal value was scaled to, for instance push the pedal 20% of its travel and get 50% at the butterfly, keep pushing the pedal down to 65% of its travel but still only get 50% at the butterfly. Those above numbers aren't accurate obviously but you can get a picture in your head of how that is maddening to drive acting as if it was connected by a rubber band. For this reason alone I would buy a FlashPro even for a stock FIT. Also REV hang can be eliminated with tip-in values.

If you ever want to visit a real live ghost town visit the AEM FI/C sub-forum. I haven't visited in years and that is how bad it was BITD, on the other hand visit Hondata's FlashPro sub-forum and you will receive answers to your questions from the Hondata staff as well as some knowable tuners/users on there.

Last thing I can think of is you can have someone like VITviper remotely road tune your car with FlashPro and get the tune completely dialed for your driving environment/location/conditions.:vtec:

Also keep in mind you can keep the FlashPro in the garage or house as it only needs to be hooked up to the OBD2 port when flashing the factory ECM or datalogging, this is nice because with the FI/C you have to mount it up in the passenger side foot well area and it runs pretty hot/is kind of bulky AND you have to feed it a vac/boost signal (actual vac line off of manifold). I ran it "T'd" off my boost gauge.

dwtaylorpdx 10-02-2017 07:35 PM

FWIW,,, I've Helped install AEM piggybacks on several different cars ,, none of them even made 1 more HP than stock.. (All US cars.. ) So I'm not surprised its not quite doing its job..