Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   2007 Fit Sport battery question (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/97289-2007-fit-sport-battery-question.html)

gummyrabbit 01-01-2018 10:41 AM

2007 Fit Sport battery question

For those who have replaced the factory 151R with a 51R battery, can you do it without cutting the plastic tray underneath? I the larger 51R be placed on top?
Last night it was -25C (-13F) and my engine just barely started. My battery is still the original. I think it's time to replace it. I went to Honda and they want $200 to replace it with a 151R. That seems rather expensive. So my plan was to buy a battery post shim and a 51R battery and install it myself. The only thing I really don't want to do is cut the battery tray because it might hurt the resale value.

carotman 01-04-2018 03:06 PM

It's a 2007, it won't hurt the resale value.

geopat 01-07-2018 10:40 PM

Just cut the tray. No one would ever look at it when you go to sell. Or when you do sell just grab one from the wrecker/I cant see it being more than $20 new from the dealer.

Plus the 51r is typically cheaper than the 151r. Did the swap in my 08 a few years ago and it really helped during these cold weeks.

Sdalton 01-08-2018 01:45 PM

I just made this change to my 2008 Fit Sport which I believe is almost identical to a 2007 Fit Sport. I took out the battery tray and the battery cover. I bought a 2007 CR-V battery tray thinking it would be a drop in, but I ended up cutting off about 2 inches off the side facing away from the engine. The bigger battery dropped right in, it does touch the airbox and the fusebox, but the battery connections hooked right up. I like the CRV tray because if I every decide to switch back to the original battery size, I have the tray and the cover.

fooodog 10-20-2018 01:52 PM

What kind of space is left for a battery after a k20 swap? Anyone know?

CKramer 01-02-2019 07:48 PM

Comparison of 151R to 51R

Originally Posted by Sdalton (Post 1390193)
I just made this change to my 2008 Fit Sport which I believe is almost identical to a 2007 Fit Sport. I took out the battery tray and the battery cover. I bought a 2007 CR-V battery tray thinking it would be a drop in, but I ended up cutting off about 2 inches off the side facing away from the engine. The bigger battery dropped right in, it does touch the airbox and the fusebox, but the battery connections hooked right up. I like the CRV tray because if I every decide to switch back to the original battery size, I have the tray and the cover.

After sitting for 3 months my 2015 Fit’s battery is dead so I’m doing the 51R Bosch upgrade at pep boys. I had a made in Mexico version so my tray was the short one. Here’s a pic of the two batteries side by side to show the size difference 151R vs 51R.