Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Greddy turbo kit wont run (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/97718-greddy-turbo-kit-wont-run.html)

geopat 03-05-2018 09:19 AM

Greddy turbo kit wont run

I installed the greddy turbo kit I picked up a while back over the weekend everything went pretty smooth until I went to fire it up. First start it fire ran rough and died with the check engine light on. While scanning for codes I remembered that I didn't plug the O2 sensor back in and that was exactly what the code was. Tried again and still nothing. The car will fire up no problem with the E-manage removed just running the stock ecu.

So i'm thinking there is an issue with the E-manage. The wiring harness seems to be okay and I opened it up and verified the jumper positions.

Was hoping maybe someone would have other ideas or the software and base map so I could try re flashing the E-manage

GAFIT 03-05-2018 11:27 AM

I have a feeling this is going to end with you getting the Hondata software and not running the E-manage. If it's bad, or has a bad tune loaded, you're probably better off making the upgrade than spending money working with the E-manage.

Good luck! Sorry I don't have more knowledge to share.

geopat 03-05-2018 12:10 PM

Haha thanks. Wouldn't surprise me if that is where this ends up going. Was planning on waiting for next year to upgrade to the hondata.

cnordt24 05-15-2018 02:36 PM

I have the Greddy kit on my GD3 and went with the Flashpro I already owned over the Greddy e-management and I've zero issues. Fired right up from the first start and I've never thrown a CEL.

geopat 05-18-2018 08:43 AM

I think you talked me into the flashpro on facebook lol. Loving it so far, got my first WOT recal this week :)

cnordt24 05-22-2018 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by geopat (Post 1400729)
I think you talked me into the flashpro on facebook lol. Loving it so far, got my first WOT recal this week :)

So how's the tuning going? Vit has gotten to the point where I need to start turning my boost up :thumbups: Do you by chance know what the spring rate is on our waste gate? I can't find it anywhere :(

geopat 05-22-2018 09:32 AM

Its going good. Taking what seems like forever lol should have splurged for the express tune.
Need to get some funds together to do some exhaust upgrades now.

I haven't looked into the spring rate. I don't think the spring would be replaceable though?

cnordt24 05-22-2018 09:36 AM

I'm not concerned about replacing it, but I need to figure out what it is for the AEM tru-boost. It allows me to set the psi on the spring so I can adjust the boost, but I'm trying to figure out ours so I don't blow shit up lol.

geopat 05-24-2018 06:43 PM

Lol makes sense. There really seems to be very little information on these turbos around.

cnordt24 05-24-2018 08:52 PM

Well in case you need it, greddy says our spring rate psi is 10