Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

J's Racing 50RR delivered by Santa Claus!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up J's Racing 50RR delivered by Santa Claus!

Just showing off my Christmas present to myself. After getting the J's Racing header(and sent off to Jet Hot for their Extreme Sterling Coating) earlier this summer I had to go all the way and get the rest of the exhaust. Thanks again to Ben @ AJ-Racing for hooking me up with the bestest gear! It took a couple of months to get from Japan but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

After getting all the bubble wrap off...

Over $1000.00 in exhaust right there and that's NOT including the J's Racing Header!!!

Close up of the muffler tip...BLING!

Messing around with the imageshack tools...

Out with the old Fujitsubo Power Getter. A really good exhaust that seems under rated amongst the FitFreak Community.

Fujitsubo vs. J's Racing

Another look. Notice the lack of resonator and fewer bends on the J's Racing center pipe.

Comparison of the actual muffler. J's Racing is tiny!

Closer look on the center pipe. Totally straight! By the way, the J's Racing part is titanium = lightweight!!!!

It's in there!

How it looks when the car is off the jacks...

Initial Thoughts:
LOUD!!!!
Don't bother purchasing a J's exhaust if you're looking to remain low key or if the cops in your area bug you about noise. The lack of resonator and small muffler makes the Fit BOOM!

It does drone inside the cabin but that's also because I have stiffer engine mounts in too. I can live with it, though my passengers won't be thrilled on long rides.

Too early to tell if there are any MPG improvements - I doubt it, I'm gunning this thing thru tunnels and overpasses!

I wonder if J's Racing make a silencer for the muffler tip?

Next up... FORCED INDUCTION!

Once again, much thanks to "Gettinafit" for the install. Any NY,NJ,CT, PA FitFreakers needing stuff installed....he's the man to get in touch with!

Last edited by Wave; 12-28-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Happy J's-mas!! Welcome to the club! Long wait, but well worth it, trust me. Looking forward to your impressions of it, especially mated w/ the header.

On a side note, looks like all the USDM 50RR's have the new, slightly extended tip now. Kinda amazing to be able to lift and balance the center-pipe with one finger, huh? My dealer was duly impressed when they bolted mine on.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Happy J's-mas!! Welcome to the club! Long wait, but well worth it, trust me. Looking forward to your impressions of it, especially mated w/ the header.

On a side note, looks like all the USDM 50RR's have the new, slightly extended tip now. Kinda amazing to be able to lift and balance the center-pipe with one finger, huh? My dealer was duly impressed when they bolted mine on.
Hell's yeah that center pipe is ridiculously light!

Old 12-26-2007, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
Finally you got the J's Exhaust!!!

You guys install it today??? Gettinafit told me you suppose doing it at 29th this month............sxxt I missed the meet!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
it come with no cat... just str8 pipes

Old 12-26-2007, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
looks nice! damn and light as hell!!

could you possibly weigh it? and weigh the stock exhaust? it'd be interesting to see teh difference in weight

Old 12-26-2007, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
it come with no cat... just str8 pipes
The cat sits just ahead of the center pipe. I'm still "street legal"

Old 12-26-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
The cat sits just ahead of the center pipe. I'm still "street legal"
yeah. it doesn't delete the cat, it does remove the resonator.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
looks nice! damn and light as hell!!

could you possibly weigh it? and weigh the stock exhaust? it'd be interesting to see teh difference in weight
sorry too late.

Fujitsubo is Stainless Steel and the J's Racing is Titanium and the difference in weight between the two was significant when we were doing the swap. Is it enough to justify the cost? That's up to you.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
sorry too late.

Fujitsubo is Stainless Steel and the J's Racing is Titanium and the difference in weight between the two was significant when we were doing the swap. Is it enough to justify the cost? That's up to you.
hmmm.. thanks. if i get exhaust it's gonna be the j's. lolz

Old 12-26-2007, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Yes Loud, But how's the thing Pull? SHould pull better!?!?

Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
dang that is sickk. if it really is that much mroe lightweight and provides good gains...hmmmm i guess that means its time to start saving up xD

Old 12-26-2007, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Oh Yeah!!!

Originally Posted by gettinafit
Yes Loud, But how's the thing Pull? SHould pull better!?!?
After driving around in Sport Mode(A/T) with the paddles today I would have to say it does pull better than with my old cat-back. Anything above 3K on the RPM's and I'm moving pretty damn good, for a Fit with bolt on's that is!

I had a Subaru WRX pull right up behind me on the highway to see what I was all about....I'm not ready for that just yet.

I need that final surprise.

Last edited by Wave; 12-28-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Damn, don't know where I've been, I missed your updates until now. Glad to see you like it! Your impressions are pretty much the same as what I noticed too. And you think it's loud now? Wait until you get a warm summer day and drive it long enough to get it warmed up to temp.

BTW, did you get the J's hard rubber muffler hangers too? If not, I recommend them if you plan on any "energetic" driving. Not sure how much movement you have with the stock hangers, but with the hard ones my muffler doesn't budge an inch -- it feels almost welded in place, and I only did the rear 2 for the muffler. Just thought I'd mention it since they're stupid cheap.

Last edited by Chikubi; 01-05-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
Damn, don't know where I've been, I missed your updates until now. Glad to see you like it! Your impressions are pretty much the same as what I noticed too. And you think it's loud now? Wait until you get a warm summer day and drive it long enough to get it warmed up to temp.

BTW, did you get the J's hard rubber muffler hangers too? If not, I recommend them if you plan on any "energetic" driving. Not sure how much movement you have with the stock hangers, but with the hard ones my muffler doesn't budge an inch -- it feels almost welded in place, and I only did the rear 2 for the muffler. Just thought I'd mention it since they're stupid cheap.
hangers? I didn't know they made hangers too...i guess it's time for me to look into that.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Damn dude how cold do you think it gets on Long Island?

Yeah I got the J's Racing hangers too.

I just noticed a leak between the b-pipe and muffler where they meet up. I used an old stock gasket(Honda Part # 18229-SNA-A01) and I'm pretty sure that's the reason for it. I'll slap a new one in sometime today.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member

I just noticed a leak between the b-pipe and muffler where they meet up. I used an old stock gasket(Honda Part # 18229-SNA-A01) and I'm pretty sure that's the reason for it. I'll slap a new one in sometime today.
where do you get the hangers? besides AJ motorsports (they still on vacation).

Old 01-06-2008, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member

did you get the downpipe along with the setup?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
no downpipe. have to stay NY Street legal.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
no downpipe. have to stay NY Street legal.
OK...how much was the hangers though?

Quick Reply: J's Racing 50RR delivered by Santa Claus!