Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling/)
-   -   mugen vs. ebay mugen (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling/22663-mugen-vs-ebay-mugen.html)

AtticusFit 03-19-2008 07:59 PM

mugen vs. ebay mugen

ok i am interested in the window guard but wanted to know the differences in the real mugen and the ebay mugen ones?

Illusive 03-19-2008 08:07 PM

Real Mugen are much nicer. Fakes on eBay don't have Mugen on it and only use double sided tape. I believe the real ones use clips as well as the double sided tape. Fit and finish is perfect on Mugen, not so good on fake ones.

solbrothers 03-19-2008 08:27 PM

the fake ones will fly off your car LOL. wait, save up, and buy the real parts

Amageus 03-19-2008 08:34 PM

LOL...i can kinda vouch on that...even though the ebay mugen ones are cheap the double sided tape they use sucks...mine started coming off after a while...i didn't even realize my rear passenger one was coming off til i was looking in my side mirrors and noticing that it was flapping...lol...im gonna use some better 3m industrial tape which i stuck a little piece on one of my visors and it's holding pretty well. I eventually will upgrade to the real mugens lol

AtticusFit 03-19-2008 08:56 PM

whats the fitment like idont have a problem stripping the tape off and applying 3m tape. ive been looking the the oem honda ones as well any input one those.

Amageus 03-19-2008 09:09 PM

well it's just double sided tape and you have to align the car on your door. I installed mine at night after I got them and well...they aren't even on one side lol...i'll be pulling them off and re-aligning them in the daylight so i can make sure they are even lol...i'd get the mugen ones as you shouldn't haven't problems with them not going on even...

Illusive 03-19-2008 11:07 PM

Depends on the batch you get. Some fit crappy, but most fit OK. I have the JDM Honda Access ones, I think they are great! Look great, fit and finish is perfect, you can't go wrong!

AtticusFit 03-20-2008 12:22 PM

oem

Originally Posted by Illusive (Post 261739)
Depends on the batch you get. Some fit crappy, but most fit OK. I have the JDM Honda Access ones, I think they are great! Look great, fit and finish is perfect, you can't go wrong!

you have any pics of the oem ones like to see them installed.thanks

Illusive 03-20-2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by AtticusFit (Post 262140)
you have any pics of the oem ones like to see them installed.thanks

Here you go, enjoy!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2041/...1b58c909_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2283/...9b3c1465_o.jpg

AtticusFit 03-20-2008 09:09 PM

very nice!! these are the oem honda you can get at local honda dealer?
oh what is that wing and kit you have on there very subtle.

solbrothers 03-20-2008 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by AtticusFit (Post 262491)
very nice!! these are the oem honda you can get at local honda dealer?
oh what is that wing and kit you have on there very subtle.

the OEM visors aren't available at US dealers. they are not USDM

GAFIT 03-20-2008 09:37 PM

I have the real Mugen visors. They say Mugen on them, are clipped, and have the worlds strongest adhesive. I've used the 3m tapes for a lot of stuff (used to work at a street rod shop). The stuff on the Mugens uses a primer (not rubbing alcohol) and sticks like crazy. Just be careful with the primer because it does leave a mark...only put it where the tape will cover it.

tonyd3773 03-20-2008 10:17 PM

Those are some "CLEAN" pitures...love the background!!! Keep it up:wavey:

Fitftw 03-23-2008 10:19 PM

illusive what wing do you have?? looks really nice.

Oh and like illusive i have the JDM OEM ones too. I love them. Most people will get the Mugens but hey its always nice being different.

YeeFit 06-12-2008 01:54 AM

I had the fake mugen "style" ones you get off ebay. Don't waste your money... mine stayed on just fine, the fit and finish was mediocre at best. The WORST part of the fake mugen visors is that you cannot see through them.. this makes your A-Pillars another 2 inches bigger.. I would consider this a hazard due to the huge blind spots you have from the A-Pillar + visors.

I just got my new set of Authentic Mugen Visors and the quality is night and day. I haven't installed mine yet, but just by looking I can tell that they will be so much better.

I hope this helps others when it comes to attempting to try the fake mugen ones..

SD_MR_FIT 06-12-2008 10:56 AM

+1 what he said.

im going to get the oem window visors, they are much cleaner. and cleaning these fake mugen ones are like hard. its all curvy and such...sucks!

fitment was well, but everyone knows its fake, so it kinda sucks.

Fit4Trav 06-12-2008 11:19 AM

I also have the real Mugen visors.

Quality is top notch and the install is very straight forward. I don't think these things will ever "fly" off.

eldaino 06-12-2008 11:41 AM

hmmm...affordable real parts, or even more affordable cheap parts....

sounds like the answer is obvious. Mugen all the way.

sXFITXs 06-12-2008 03:32 PM

Don't buy fake, just stick with the real one.