Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling/)
-   -   antenna + lock tight (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling/33667-antenna-lock-tight.html)

enjoito 10-29-2008 01:46 AM

antenna + lock tight

here is my question since i dont want anyone steeling my j's racing antenna. would it work out lock tighting it? and does lock tight come off?

koolkevin1107 10-29-2008 04:00 AM

Yeah u can use it... but think of this... let's say someone wants 2 jack it and it's locktightened on there.... so they have to use more force to remove it right? well what happens if u try 2 twist the antenna base.. either one of 2 things:
A: the base is going 2 rip from the hole and break
B: the roof sheetmetal is going 2 warp due to the brute force being applied to it.

It's not worth it IMO. I'd rather have someone steal my $35 antenna then cause $500 damage to straighten out the roof and get it repainted.

If u dont want to tempt people to steal it, take it off everytime u park in places where u think someone will steal it. Best solution.

enjoito 10-29-2008 04:47 AM

well yea cause i have to change the antenna mount to the jdm one to put my $60 j's antenna well i guess if they steel it i'll just buy a oem japan antenna since its still shorter i think..

Fitting 10-29-2008 04:29 PM

I used blue lock tight on my previous car and didn't take much more effort to take the antenna off.
If you use it use the red which I think is stronger.

enjoito 10-29-2008 09:37 PM

oh okay thanks

Masterdebater 10-30-2008 12:44 AM

red loctite is the shiznit at locking lol. i dont think itd be smart unless u want that thing on there forever...

Will I Am fit. 10-30-2008 12:55 AM

if they want to steal it they could even with locktite it just takes time to get it off. I learned my lesson I had the spoon antenna once bought it for 50 bucks and some a hole stole it, now I have the 10 bucks short antenna off ebay never have to worry about someone stealing it hahahha and it works fine same as the spoon ones.

enjoito 10-30-2008 01:26 AM

i know but its like i bought the mount so it would look very weird with the stock antenna. i might have to buy another short one.

darkoe 12-21-2008 01:49 PM

i'd say remove it every time you park. or you could just leave it off untill a show comes along. it doesnt make sense to leave it on. not everyone knows that its a spoon antenna to begin with, and the people who know that it is...want to steal it. things that are easily removed should never be a permanent item on your car.

VBP08GD3 12-28-2008 08:58 PM

does the antenna bother you that bad? i dont see myself spending more than 35 bucks for an antenna i have even forgot to put it back on and i had good reception

trancedsailor 12-28-2008 09:40 PM

I have had my Spoon antenna on for 4 months. Only took it off one time when I was at sea for 2 weeks. I don't think about it because I don't listen to the radio. I should put the stock one back on there but it's just too ugly!

VBP08GD3 12-29-2008 03:19 AM

lol ugly how? its the same shyt just longer

trancedsailor 12-29-2008 12:07 PM

exactly. It's too noticeable (stock). I think the Spoon shorty makes the whole package look 'cuter' if I can say that. Easier on the eyes than the "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT HUGE ANTENNA WTF!!"

BlueCell 12-29-2008 01:02 PM

Loctite doesnt help much on the antenna IMO. Just take that sucker off and put it inside your car when you need to.

Originally Posted by trancedsailor (Post 531499)
exactly. It's too noticeable (stock). I think the Spoon shorty makes the whole package look 'cuter' if I can say that. Easier on the eyes than the "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT HUGE ANTENNA WTF!!"

Ahaha cuter....

Originally Posted by jeffquach (Post 518074)
man your car is looking great Jason.....but whats up with the antenna of doom?
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b.../JasonHFP1.jpg

VBP08GD3 12-30-2008 01:12 AM

Damn thats a big antenna? you getting Iraq stations on that thing?

NIGHTHAWKSI 12-30-2008 10:05 AM

dont use red loctite!!!!! only way to remove is with heat and/or extreme force. enough force to definatly rip the antennae out or warp the roof. either way somthing will be damaged.
i used some on a shift knob so i wouldnt have ot use the nut at the bottom to make the shift tree straight....well i needed to remove it, and DESROYED the shift knob to get it off.

if some one wants the antennae that bad, let them have it. using loctite will only deter them, not make it theft proof. and will probly cause damage to your car. not to mention, at car washes (if you use them) they will want to remove it.

VBP08GD3 12-30-2008 07:01 PM

if they want it that bad they are going to get it.. an alarm you think might help but it wont.. i have seen peoples cars get towed with alarms and sensitivity sensors.. all you hear is on chirp and goodbye!!!

ouchxx 02-05-2012 10:49 PM

Where can I get that super long antenna from?

solbrothers 02-05-2012 10:52 PM

autozone should be able to help you

Hootie 02-05-2012 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ouchxx (Post 1071379)
Where can I get that super long antenna from?

If you want that specific antenna, you'd have to find a place that sells VW Golf/Jetta/Rabbit antennas. The one in the picture on the Black Berry Pearl Fit is from a 2008 VW Rabbit.