Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

GD3 Ings+1 N-Spec Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 AM
GD3 Ings+1 N-Spec Body Kit

So one of my friends at N1 Concepts out of California (bought my civic kit there years ago) heard about my recent misfortune, they offered me a deal I just absolutely couldn't pass up:

When they offered me this full 4 piece kit off their shop Fit for $550+150 S/H I almost crapped myself, how could I say no?

Now the downside: It's painted white and has a underside crack in the front bumper they said would be easily fixable, that being the only damage, the kit is otherwise practically new. The fitment is supposedly 99.9% with no modifications required.

What do you guys think, did I make a good decision snatching up this kit? It sells for over $2000 shipped new so I figured it was a no-brainer.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
you mean this kit. i pretty sure it the same one as this person was selling since it is coming from N1 concepts and the guy works at N1 concepts:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...kit-cheap.html

i'm pretty sure it is the same kit they are selling to you.

the problem is the front bumper needs some work where the screws go through and into the fender. that needs some work. you have to make sure the shop you take it to can do a good job at it because that is where you bumper mounts.

the passenger side skirt looks like it needs a lot of work.

rear bumper needs a little work.

DISCLAIMER: i don't know how much work it will be but it LOOKS LIKE it will cost a little bit. i can't say how much because i'm NOT a body shop. you might want to makes some calls i hope they told you about the side skirt too. anyway the kit looks nice especially restored. i hope i helped a little.

Last edited by revd34; 04-24-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
plus if it is the same kit from the same person i hope you get N1 spoon style spoiler

Old 04-24-2009, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
Ive seen this on the person. It looks good, go for it >]

Old 04-24-2009, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
i hope its not the same kit cause thats pretty messed up if they are trying to sell it bootleg like that and not even tell you about all the other stuff that needs to be fixed.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 AM
I do believe that is the kit but it's looking like it will still be worth it because even after repairs I can't possibly have spent the $1300 I'd saved over the new kit, plus 2-3 months of lead time on a new kit.

I am trying to figure out if there is anything that I won't need to replace from the stock front end once I have the kit. That sounds confusing, okay first of all my cars front end got hit by a F-350 so naturally I am replacing anything on the actual exterior of the car that got damaged (fender/hood/headlights/reinforcement bar) but heres an example of the other parts I may or may not need to get, I won't know until I have the kit in hand so if you know, tell me!:

• The styrofoam that goes over the front reinforcement bar
  • The spacers underneath the headlights that have clips that grab on to the stock bumper when you push it towards the car
  • The plastic black shroud that covers up the underside of the front bumper
  • The black rubber lip that clips to the underside of the stock bumper
  • All the stock mounting clips and screws
do you think that I should be ordering any of that stuff that would otherwise need replaced if I was returning it to OEM condition, or will the use of this body kit make all the stock bumper parts unneeded? I just don't want to order any excess parts.

Last edited by TekXoID; 04-24-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
most of that stuff wont be useful since its not an oem bumper

Old 04-24-2009, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
You won't need the foam. Won't fit in the new bumper anyway.

The guard underneath the bumper is probably useless i would suspect that wont fit this kit either.

The kit is awesome and your car was apparently going into the shop anyway so why not have it come out looking better than before. Is your car dropped on spring or coilovers? That kit looks damn low and you better drive like a grandma on those bumps.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Well I want to lower it but we'll have to see how it looks with this kit on. It's definitely something I'm concerned about--I still might lower it anyway though. The only place I can rub the kit is a sharp incline to the parking lot at work, but I'll just have to take a "long" way to avoid it. My Fit is purely on the blacktop otherwise. I'll never go more than 1MPH onto a driveway or path with an sharp incline once I have this kit installed LOL.

I think pics are with it lowered on 17"s and I'm rockin 15" sport alloys so...

How can you be so sure that I don't need a 31 dollar piece of styrofoam behind Ings. I mean, who knows until you go through the process of installing, right?

Last edited by TekXoID; 04-24-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Because the phone is cut and molded to fit the stock bumper o.O

Not a big deal anyway mines all smashed up on the inside of my bumper since when they replaced it they said no need well use the old one and just through a few pieces that broke off in the garbage.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:40 AM
haha that sounds like mine. I have my front bumper in my living room right now.

Fit is so naked with just headlights/hood/radiator for a front end!
Kit should be here by the end of the week!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
i hope its not the same kit cause thats pretty messed up if they are trying to sell it bootleg like that and not even tell you about all the other stuff that needs to be fixed.
what the hell are you talking about? bootleg? that's the original ings+1 kit that ings+1 personally gave to me as a GIFT when i went over to japan, if it wasn't for me, there wouldn't be any ings+1 n-spec kit for a USDM fit, i gave them the idea and told them to make it

and i clearly took multiple pictures to display all the damages on the kit, so i dont know what you're talking about

Old 06-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by aallbbeerrtttttt
what the hell are you talking about? bootleg? that's the original ings+1 kit that ings+1 personally gave to me as a GIFT when i went over to japan, if it wasn't for me, there wouldn't be any ings+1 n-spec kit for a USDM fit, i gave them the idea and told them to make it

and i clearly took multiple pictures to display all the damages on the kit, so i dont know what you're talking about
QUOTED FOR TRUTH -- I BOUGHT THIS KIT AND IT IS AWESOME!

By the way thank you very very much albert, the kit is totally authentic just like you said and it came out perfect, I couldn't afford to fix that skirt so I am holding off to add them until I have more cash.
I spent an extra couple hundred to have the license plate spot filled, let me know what you think albert.

Pictures!!! Sorry the color temperature is f'd up. I'll post better pics when my roof and headlights are blacked out, exhaust installed, and rear garnishes with debadge/dewiper are installed.

Last edited by TekXoID; 06-15-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow, looks really good so far! The INGS style is one my faves for the gd3.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
I have the INGS Kit myself and my profile pic is with it on my car. It's a good looking kit and it does look awesome in white ^_^

Old 03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
I like the kit a lot just need some fogs