General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, even though it's a similar VQ engine on my G35C the tonal character is completely different so it's cool.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
general question... while you car folks are relaxing at home do you read car magazines and watch races and stuff? or is that for the non-enthusiasts (aka magazine spec racers)?

i ask because there's are lot of read out there (magazines, etc.) but i RARELY have any time to read any of them.

outside my time motoring and working on my cars i spend time with family stuff, and free time spent 99% in my music room. 1% for the time i need to go to the kitchen to grab hagdaz ice cream.

i might watch a few vids and articles on edmunds from time to time but that's about all. same with watching TV. man you gotta be super bored or watch TV as a hobby cause i havent watched TV for literally 6yrs now... i watch clips here and there during my lunch break at work, that's about it.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
I definitely have not read a car magazine in 7+ years...

When I was a kid 10+, I read them ALL the time...would beg my mom to buy me the latest Car and Driver, Motortrend, whatever.

TV I do watch...mostly because I can fitfreak and watch the boob tube at the same time. Buut, I don't have cable or satellite or anything like that--just good old fashioned antenna (and a digital converter box thank you Uncle Sam). I have limited channels, but I'm not complaining because the other 1000 channels would go to waste anyways.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Yah, I know what you mean. Was like before we actually worked on cars we read about it a lot, but once you start modding or motoring the car you wanted you use that reading time to do hands-on things on the actual car.

Plus, these days you get so much more from these car forums from people who actually done the work and be able to get replies so that distances mags and articles even more.

The more specs people talk about, the more novice they sound cause they are just spec'ing out things they read. Hahaha

I guess a lot of folks use TV like a background fill (kinda like my radio in the garage) to keep the room alive while doing other things?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Motor and I suppose Motor Age were interesting. I don't know if they've changed.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
Yah, I know what you mean. Was like before we actually worked on cars we read about it a lot, but once you start modding or motoring the car you wanted you use that reading time to do hands-on things on the actual car.

I guess a lot of folks use TV like a background fill (kinda like my radio in the garage) to keep the room alive while doing other things?

Yeah, definitely--I was HOOKED on cars as a kid...and obviously, that has never changed. But...my budget very often does not meet with my dreams/wishes. I really want to have an actual sports car some day like your Z...oooh, the dreams.

And yeah, the tv is mostly fill...I am rarely paying attention--or, if I am...it's because I'm waiting on a reply or for some new posts to show up, haha!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
yah, as long as i can remember i too was into cars and not really into games/arcades unless it was a car simulation game. nintendo had launched the first gen portable gamewatch like DonkyKong and my buddies were all excited getting them for xmas and all, but i was busy building plastic model car kits.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Didn't do any car things today, mostly in my music room all day programming my gear.

Drove the family out for some Japanese in my FitS. Very good food.

Hope to motor my Z tomorrow and G on Monday. Taking Monday off.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
We are going shopping tomorrow...taking the Fit, of course...I don't have options but if I did, we'd take the G...LOL

Old 07-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Banned
general question... while you car folks are relaxing at home do you read car magazines and watch races and stuff? or is that for the non-enthusiasts (aka magazine spec racers)?

i ask because there's are lot of read out there (magazines, etc.) but i RARELY have any time to read any of them.

outside my time motoring and working on my cars i spend time with family stuff, and free time spent 99% in my music room. 1% for the time i need to go to the kitchen to grab hagdaz ice cream.

i might watch a few vids and articles on edmunds from time to time but that's about all. same with watching TV. man you gotta be super bored or watch TV as a hobby cause i havent watched TV for literally 6yrs now... i watch clips here and there during my lunch break at work, that's about it.
simple answer.....yes

I am an avid follower of Top Gear

I also watch every minute of Formula 1 races and qualifying

I read import tuner (terrible), super street (utter garbage), modified (rubbish), and honda tuning (eww), and my old copies of Sport Compact Car (hallelujah)

Personally I prefer to browse MotoIQ, it's an online magazine written by former writers for Turbo and SCC......great technical resource

Old 07-31-2010, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
I used to buy Sport Compact Car ALL THE TIME! Dang...I forgot about that mag!

I probably still have a box of them in the shed. Hrm.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I used to buy Sport Compact Car ALL THE TIME! Dang...I forgot about that mag!

I probably still have a box of them in the shed. Hrm.
So. jealous! my mom threw out all my pre 2008 mags away

I had every issue from 2000-02 and 06-the last issue printed

If anyone wants to give me any old ones
PM me hah

Old 08-01-2010, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
We are going shopping tomorrow...taking the Fit, of course...I don't have options but if I did, we'd take the G...LOL
Haha, have fun out there! if you're going shopping id definitely take the Fit cause it can carry sooooo much more in the cargo hold. The G's trunk is a rear glove box. Hahaha. but yah, when my younger one gets older I would like to take the G out for these occasions.

Gbaby- yah, some those import car mags crack me up these days. Top gear is fun to watch. More so than BestMotoring.

So we gotz a dense fog advisory so waiting for the sun to come out to see how bad it gets first. I may need to skip today to motor my z. Wife's out in the pm and I'm with the kids so won't be able to take the Z out. Oh wellz. Glad I too tomorrow off so I can motor tomorrow then. Hahaha

Old 08-01-2010, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
the fog wasnt too bad so took the Z out for a spin. when i got back i cleaned the car and also my FitS's interior as well.

i need to find the thread where i can e-tape my TPMS light-off...

Old 08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
motored my G yesterday and afterwards installed the JDM battery cover to cover the brake fluid cavity side
under my hood. was my early b-day present for my G. (driver side cover and trim piece).

took quite a bit of cutting and bending to make it all fit correctly but it's perfect fit now.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned
arc strut tower bar, awesome

Old 08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Gbaby- haha, you noticed. thing costed an arm and a leg. but it's very functional night/day difference on the car.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Banned
Gbaby- haha, you noticed. thing costed an arm and a leg. but it's very functional night/day difference on the car.
i would expect it to cost an arm and a leg.....arc is good stuff haha

If I had the money my car would be filled to the brim with arc parts

Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Yah, if I had a S2K I would definitely be rocking their intake air box!!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Banned
Yah, if I had a S2K I would definitely be rocking their intake air box!!
YES! If I had any Honda other than an EF I'd have one

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?