General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 07:25 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Lol'ed current gen STI's are awesome indeed.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
Speaking of STI, only mods I did were AP, Hellas and JDM STI grill, rear fog, aos.. everything else stock and I luv it. Mine is also the base with keyless and hk stereo

Old 05-20-2017, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
Going to test drive the R today..

Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
so i went to the dealer dat has the 2017 R i wanted today.. after fixing a chip on my tooth at my dentist..WTF mang.. seriously my body is falling apart..

back to the R.. honestly when i just sat in the car it felt like my GTI. really no difference in feel besides the 3rd pedal and a few minor things like parking brake switch vs lever, cup holder's sliding cover, etc which i liked. this is a good thing cause i really like the GTI's interior.

so im kinda torn between the white and blue colors. i thought i like the white but it's not a true racing white like taffeta white.. it's a pearl white which is pretty, but im not really looking for pretty on these hatches..

the lapis(?) blue is unique to the R and eye popping. since the car's appearance is pretty boring i think im going to opt for the blue and just keep it a sleeper.

hope AP has a map for the R soon. i know they have one for my GTI but since i already have a piggyback installed and intake, im going to just leave the GTI alone. im 90% committed to buy the R by end of month, going to do a little more research..

Old 05-20-2017, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Wait, so you want to have GTI, STI and R?

At the same time?

Old 05-21-2017, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
um yah, is that weird? i had two GE's at one time (one AT, one MT) so thought maybe not be too crazy? im also going to check out the abarth again (although i think its going to breakdown the moment i drive it) before i make my decision. considering i own multiple cars, i dont really care if the car breaks down as long as the dealer gives me a loaner while it's in service.

i got done with the GTI's oil change. it was by far the EASIEST oil change ive done. wow, that oil filter setup is insanely smart and easy to remove with zero drips. no worries about cross threading the filter canister either like on them MINI's as it threads in with very little effort and you can see the threads going in while you turn.

there is no lower shroud to remove, just a plastic snap fit oil plug that requires very little effort to remove with a screw driver. very cool.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
so what is the deal with RS owners getting screwed by ford on their engines? crack or something on the block causing coolant leak between cylinder 1 and 2 no clear explanation by ford on the root cause or repair.. which vin affected, nor recall. nothing..

Old 05-23-2017, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, it appears lots of issues documented here: Focus RS TroubleShooting

My Fiesta ST is also subject to a recall right now, fortunately no symptoms nor coolant leaks on mine.... yet.. Keeping the dogs on standby for grilling on the fire just in case.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
so i went to the dealer dat has the 2017 R i wanted today..
Nice... did you push the R during the test drive?

In for STI/R comparisons

Old 05-23-2017, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
Yes, it appears lots of issues documented here: Focus RS TroubleShooting

My Fiesta ST is also subject to a recall right now, fortunately no symptoms nor coolant leaks on mine.... yet.. Keeping the dogs on standby for grilling on the fire just in case.
That sucks. Thanks for the info. GL with your ST, hope no big issues

Originally Posted by BlackUp
Nice... did you push the R during the test drive?

In for STI/R comparisons
Naw, just normal driving as the car was still new. The car is not as exciting as the STI but a tame and grown up compliant ride. Good variety

Meh, still got the itch for white.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
Dealer is getting a white one from another dealership so they have both a white and blue for me to choose from.. problem is they will probably drive it across town so will be raped..

Old 05-24-2017, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Only mods planned is clearbra .. and maybe tint.

Maybe AP and exhaust..

Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe.. oh wait.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
k, got my checkbook, insurance card, and tollway transponder ready to go hunting for a new white Golf-R MT.

need to go to another dealership today as the one i went to last weekend did not have a white MT in stock and i gave them an entire week to try to get one traded from another dealer since they had 2 blue ones. all i got was multiple BS texts saying how i should buy at their dealership and wait for a white one to be traded. im like who da fak do you think i am? i told him multiple times im paying cash and unless the dealership offers clearbra install, i have no reason to come back to them.

there are 3 other dealers within 25miles of them that have inventory of what i want. lol

Old 05-27-2017, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
woot! i am a new ower of a Golf-R. thing is such a badarse i luv it.

got an appointment to clearbra next week so going to keep her in the garage until then.
the clutch and take up is perfect for dd-ing too. thing is so easy to drive. pedal position is perfect! so happy.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats, need pics!

Old 05-28-2017, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
hey thanks. yah, i'll definitely take some snaps after i get the clearbra done. but then she's only stock so no different from pictures online.. lol

i ordered up a few basic things, front plate mount that mounts under the proximity sensors next to the intercooler off to the side, 4" lightening cable for carplay, mini 12v air compressor, tire plug set (car has no spare), and a few misc items.

which reminds me, i need to transfer my music files onto a SD card today.. VW takes SD cards, not USB flash drive.

going to remove the rear factory plate frame today, will need to figure out a nice place to
mount the toll transponder, etc. car's been on my battery tender for the last 12hrs still charging. you can tell how low the battery is while the car sits at the dealership.

cant wait to get the clearbra installed so that i can start driving the car around next weekend.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
worked on my R today, replaced the dealer plateframe with a matte-black metal one i had, painted the transponder black so that it is not an eye sore on the front glass, hardwired my ValentineOne.

i knew that the car did not come with a spare but a small air compressor and slime type product, but did not know it did not come withe a scissors jack. lol

i suppose that makes sense for most folks cause there is no spare to replace it with, but from a guy that plugs tires at home, that would suck if i punctured a tire in the field with a nail and not able to remove the tire to fix it right there on the fly. so ordered a scissors jack.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
spent almost a good 4 hrs yesterday in the GK. had to run many errands throughout the day but i was amazed how little the GK consumed gas. only like 2 indicators worth. if that was on my GTI would probably be at about 1/2 gone in premium fuel by now.. lol
too bad the GK does not have the driving dynamics as my Golf's though.

motored my STI this morning for fun. such a blast to drive this car..
washed my GTI afterwards.. so much pollen in the air..

Old 05-29-2017, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
How do you decide which car to drive?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?