General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:10 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ordered another bottle of scratch-x in prep for Spring. as soon as temps reach 65F im going to polish my GTI using 3" and 6" red pads and my random orbitals. on my dd that's all that's needed besides a quick application of claybar and rubbing alcohol to remove old sealant. goes by pretty quick.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. im off today so taking it real easy. however i did vac my music room this am and working to fix a deep frier oil pan. thing cracked at the seam for some reason (probably from repetitive dish washer heat cycle) and it has a very slow but measureable leak.

need to fix if i want to eat tonkatsu, croquettes, karaage, etc etc... desperate measures for desperate times.. lol

also been noticing kids these days are wearing those torn jeans again? lol was popular back in my grammer school-middle school days. kinda funny how fashion cycles around every 30-40yrs. not that im into fashion by any means. i just noticed it while i was checking out jeans to wear this Spring. going to shop for a couple of t-shirts online today. i have these classic brown piloti driving boots from before they went bankrupt. looks very cool with jeans.

have a good monday especially if you need to work today. ahahaha!

Old 02-19-2018, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
im immune from working Mondays..and Tues, and Wed, and Thur, AND Fri's. <= ash

Old 02-19-2018, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
im immune from working Mondays..and Tues, and Wed, and Thur, AND Fri's. <= ash

Old 02-19-2018, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
hahaha! hey there ash!

here's the new piloti's if anyone's interested. im not sure who owns them now but they still have the cool shoes and boots. i have 7-8 pairs from them. very nice shoes for driving. yes some of them are a tad pricy but then again if you look at expensive nike's..

https://piloti.com

Old 02-19-2018, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
i felt discomfort in my left ankle about 1.5hrs into the drive while in my R the other day so got me one of those high magnetic power health ankle bracelets delivered today. it was the same way while motoring my STI a few weeks ago too.. i thought maybe since i hadnt driven the car in over a month my ankle just needed some exercise but its more of a joint pain than muscle ache, worse in colder temps.

been wearing a magnetic bracelet on my right arm since last Spring due to forearm pain most likely from carpal tunnel from work. it look 5-6 months to fully cure, but ive not noticed much (if not any) pain the last several months, so im hoping it will do the same magic on my ankle too.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
.. and watch me forget to take it off while i go through tsa precheck. lol

Old 02-20-2018, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today..back to the grind. going to force myself not to take on too much work today. got an offsite meeting after hours too, hope that goes by real quick.

looks like all the snow melted but we are still expecting some freezing rain by the weekend so unsure whether im going to be washing my GTI and GK any time soon.. oh yah, got tracking number for that vinyl im going to use for the GK's paint repair. should be in my hands soon.

have a good tues everyone!

Old 02-20-2018, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Sup guys. Seems like you guys were busy chatting it up about Paint and weather and what not this weekend.

Was pretty uneventful. Did some yard work, weed preventer, level/grade a section in preparation for pavers. Washed Civic and Elantra (then it rained for 5 seconds the next day). Went out to dinner/drinks 2 nights. Haircut. Drove Miata a bit.

Short week (3-day) for me. Work doesnt bother me none. Well maybe as of late has been annoying since we have construction going on and twice in a span of 3 weeks the construction workers have severed our server connection so internet is like 14.4k modem slow which isnt very helpful when you're trying to load 50mb CAD files.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
hey there shinjari. good to hear u were also taking it easy over the weekend. enjoy your long weekend coming up!

work doesn’t bother me either. i’m busy busy busy all the time with synergy proposals. i don’t take any of it for granted as work environment is excellent and it pays well. but with anything there are times you just have to suck it up.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
I want to do yard work.

Maybe when I can see my yard again

Old 02-20-2018, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Wish we had the snow you guys have so I can hit the slopes =)

Old 02-20-2018, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
yah, you can have ALL the snow you want shinjari!!!

Old 02-20-2018, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Oh... I should've been clear...Bear Mountain (2.5hrs away) can have all the snow. LOL.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Our snow has melted. Fingers crossed we have seen the last of it for this season. We hit 75 today!

Old 02-20-2018, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
wow 75F!! doing 35F now..

shinjari- lol!

Old 02-20-2018, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
the constant rain today washed off most of the salt off the roads. im so happy.. but then more snow on the way..! lol but it probably wont accumulate much since 40F average high's.

cant wait to get my summers on my GTI and put back the factory wheels on the GK.. i punched the gas for the first time in a while in my GTI and thing just takes off. well, not quite at the rate of my R, but still plenty fast.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. another repeat of yesterday without the after hours off-site meeting. hope to get home soon as im going to be washing and storing away our humidifiers in the house. yes, it's dat time.. getting ready for Spring.

pulling 40F's this week, next week seeing mid-50F's. getting closer and closer to summer tires.

one issue i may have to face with this Spring is the village may replace the sidewalk directly in front of my driveway. i saw last night that the sidewalk concrete sank about 1.25".. there's a definite step between the sidewalk and my driveway. i cant remember if they only measure sidewalk concrete block vs block or if they also compared height difference between sidewalk vs driveways too to determine whether to replace or not. if latter, they're going to have to replace 3/4 of the width of my driveway..

which only means im just going to drive partially on my lawn to get my hobby cars out on the weekend cause that aint going to stop me from pulling out my cars. lol i have cinder blocks and thick plywood so i may just make a bridge while they figure out when to pour the concrete cause they are SO SLOW..

have a good wednesday, everyone!

Old 02-21-2018, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Awww man hope they dont mess up your driveway situation. Pretty crazy it sunk that far.

Heres a question...since I've been looking at wheels and racking my brain about offsets. I'm trying to figure out the 'range' of wheel widths and offsets I can do.

Stock is 18x8 +50, a 18x8 +35 is perfectly flush with the fender.

What are thoughts on this? This doesn't seem like too much poke. or am I crazy? They are 18x9.5 +40mm with stock tires so you see the slight stretch which I'm ok with.

Really liking these Niche M116 in Anthracite but they only come in 18x8 +40...or 18x9.5+40.

Sure they're not a Civic...but more for the white/anthracite color contrast that I really like. Matte Black or dark gunmetal just gets 'lost'. Only beef is I think they weigh the same as my stock wheels...which makes me think its not even worth doing except for the 'look'.

Lastly...I saw this 'amazing' 'Civic R' yesterday. Thought I'd share.

Guy should get his plate revoked for being such a poser. Even had "type-r" badges on the doors.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I like the Anthracite/White combo and I like the looks of those wheels!

The Niche Vicenza is what I'll put on my Lincoln if I keep it long enough. Niche have really changed their direction lately with higher quality wheels in more luxury sport type looks.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?