General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ash- i can understand that. and if i lived in socal i might even own one.

just not here on straight road boring wth am i still here oh yah for my kids area..lol
yah i put a spin to the meeting and got help from my buddies and turned it into a great meeting.

and i got a great score on my review. time for Arrrrrrrrrr! DSG Golf-Arrrrr dat is. well, if my buddy’s one is that great.. should arrive any day now. otherwise just keeping my GTI for now.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
My general definition of a sports car is something smallish & simple, with fun & balance its general focus.

S2000, Miata, Boxster, Elise, MR2, etc.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
yah, too bad a family hatch is faster on the streets in 2018.

i mean a stage1 Golf-R DSG will do high 11’s.. and they handle like a champ too. and have good mpg and carry a family and things. and look cool.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
goodam everyone was a crazy busy week and looking back a few points i didnt get much time to post.. have some time this am before heading to my hair stylist's place so just blabbing..

while entering an intersection the other day, i saw a black matrix (ok, corolla hatchback) thinking i was looking at a GK approaching. meaning its not a bad looking hatch and for most people they both look the same. with nearly 170hp applied soon per their new turbo, that is probably going to be the next 'anybody hatch' the general public who wants a hatch is going to gravitate towards...kia's hatch would be the alternative along with regular Golfs.

focus ST.. was watching some british movie where the cop was driving a black ST. not a bad looking ride in the movie.. even to a point i was revisiting the RS. but again, the engine issues they still cant seem to figure out is a sour taste i didnt want in my mouth so decided to pass again. so disappointing.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
i also revisited the latest IS350 AWD f-sport this week.. i am at a point i can accept the weird front end but it is still a weird looking car. will need to look at it more. the reason why i was looking at this car (along with other bimmers and benz around $50-60k, no thanks to anything infiniti or acura) was because im at a point i should be driving a car like wat my buddies at work are driving..lexus, audi, bimmer, benz..at least for the commute. and while looking at bimmers and benz, i dont like their shape especially their AWD versions looking lifted and all. i like the M3.. but thats another $30k reach which isnt impossible, but come RWD only.. i really want AWD.

audi's..RS3 is cool but honestly, they look like modded few gen back civics, and S3 are no different. sad part about S3's is they drop in value at a very sharp rate. like a yr old S3 can be had near $10K less than original price... im like wat? Golf-R's only drop maybe $5k the first year. and i prefer hatchbacks over sedans..hell i dont even like sedans.. well my STI is different. so the DSG Golf-R's is a natural choice for me..but then it's no different than me driving a GTI to work. most people dont know or care what the differences are between the Golfs.. lol

also thought about the 500 Abarths. cool definitely, fun most likely.. and cheap. but a car like that MUST be driven MT and i honestly lost interest driving MT to work. im just too tired for that..

then i have to think about new car ownership = hail damage. lol every year i get hailed on. there is no guarantee it wont hail and damage my car again. yah i can do PDR on my own, but still a pita.. if i get the M3 id sell the STI and keep the beauty inside the garage.. but then why drive a M3 to work in the snow when i have an AWD Golf-R.......... cause im too lazy to drive MT? lame excuse. if i get a new DSG Golf-R, it will be parked outside.

also need to think about wat to do about a parking spot for my kid's future car too.. he still wants a BRZ. lol he is so frikken old school mang.. facepalm

so in conclusion, there is yet no real good solution right now.. it makes more sense just to keep my current line up since i cant find a great solution anyway. and the slow surface road commute is fine in the GTI. biggest problem for me is parking and my aging left ankle. and i really dont want to buy another house right now and i cant buy another left ankle.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
heading out for some lunch with my wife in a bit... taking the GK to a j-restaurant.

then going to work on swapping out the wheels on the GTI with my kid this pm. temps are finally reaching above freezing... geez mang mid-april already.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
GK developed a loud rattle from the rear.. uh oh..

but lunch was goood.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
New Corolla is NA two litre four cylinder. With the 6MT, that 170 hp is going to be tons of fun.

It will replace the Fit, most likely.

That said, until that day I'm a two Honda household.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
huh, thought they were going turbo. oh well. but yah, 170hp should be plenty to get it going around town especially in MT.

heading out to work on my GTI in a bit..

Old 04-07-2018, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
swapped the GTI's wheels to my 19" summers and finally the car looks like it belongs in my line up. took it out for a spin with my older kid who helped me swap the wheels. we had a good time

washed the winter set, spacers, and all the lug bolts and now drying them over night.

i also checked the GK's trunk to see wat was making that loud metallic rattle all of a sudden. i thought it sounded like the spare tire's center mounting bracket, but it wasnt loose at all. not sure wat it is but reorganized the trunk to see if that helps any. there's really no loose metal parts in my GK's trunk. like my wrenches and all are wrapped in a towel so no way of making that metallic noise... hummm...

Old 04-07-2018, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
forgot to mention.. while i was swapping the GTI's wheels, i inspected all the metal on the control arms and subframe and wat i can see without going under the car, there is very minimal to no orange rust on any of the metal parts. even the bolts show no sign of corrosion.. and ive not washed the undercarriage since last Spring. quite a contrast vs my GK which looks like a 10yr old car already which gets the same engine bay/undercarriage treatment.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
alright, pulling out my STI for a nice morning drive in a few and will move the GTI's winters into the basement afterwards.. spot QD the STI and if i can get to it, wash the GTI later this am.

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 04-08-2018, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
got back from my drive, had a great time. then washed the GTI and moved the winters to the basement storage.

not one new scratch from the surface road commute on my GTI. damn, i want a RESET button considering i got so much damage the first 1.5yrs taking the expressways! haha oh well. the more reasons to get a new DSG-R.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
and i still cant figure out where the metallic rattle is coming from at the rear of the GK.

checked the rear undercarriage too.. hummm..

Old 04-08-2018, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Once you get the DSG-R your bad luck will shift from highway to surface streets

Put my mirrors on. Once the RG3 go back on for 2018, the car is done until winter. I'm happy with it.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
ure probably right mike. hahaha

nice looking mirrors! congrats.

have a good monday everyone!

Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Happy monday!

Kenchan - I got the same email about Tower Hobbies, but saw that they are being bought by Horizon Hobbies so they will live on.

All - agree on the sports car opinions. preferably 2-door/2-seater defines a sports car...but I considered my S14 a sports car. Drove well and sure it was a 4 seater...but it was more like for your golf bags/desperate high schooler/tiny person back seat lol.

Mike410b - nice mirrors, like the change and glad they showed up. At first I didnt like the chrome base...but it matches with the S2000 badge. Whats with the NA miata in your driveway?

Got a voicemail on friday from Fedex "Sorry but we cannot find your package (first set of GPUs) so you should call the shipper"...yeah thanks for the call a month later...I already got a refund from them a week and a half ago lol.

4ish hours later I finished stitching the miata soft top back up. Looks like Dr. Frankenstein fixed it with its large stitches haha. Gotta seal it up with some RTV Silicone and see how it looks from there. I think it'll suffice for a repair. Been seeing a lot of cool old trucks and 1st gen tacoma extra cabs that I've been liking.

https://jalopnik.com/at-7-799-could-...199-1824311683
Yes please!

Also watched that new Wes Anderson movie "Isle of Dogs"...if you like his movies (Fantastic Mr. Fox, Moonlight Kingdom, Rushmore, Grand Budapest Hotel etc) you'll love this one.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-09-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
I need to watch Isle of Dogs at some point.

That's a handsome truck.

The NA Miata is my friend's car, installing the mirrors isn't really a one person job so we knocked that out. Thanks for the compliments guys! I like the chrome base, maybe as a result of the more basic APR mirrors having simple black bases haha

As for the chrome S2000 badging, at some point I'd like to remove those & have some kinda low rider inspired custom hand done S2000 badging. It is hard to explain, my automotive influences are very varied.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari nice looking truck. lol’ed at fedex.

mike the chrome base gives it character. considering it’s going to be a classic car might as well give it some bling.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Nice truck and mirrors above guys!

I had an S13 Coupe. I can kind of see the sports car comment. It was a fun, light car. Back seat was mostly for decoration. Kind of wish I kept that one as a project car. They drive great.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?