General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
was checking to see how my GE was doing at home via my IP cameras and coincidentally i saw my wife come home with the kids and a big box of donuts in hand.

wooot!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for tonight...

first, munch on donuts.

then dust/QD my G the mess the landscapers left. i might've gotten lucky, not sure yet on how much damage they did, but the blower guy was having a party out there by himself so who knows. oh well.

then mount the tascam digital recorder back in my Z. i have a Windcutter deadcat (wind screen) on it and hard to find the pre-amp output jack with the thing on, so i painted the output ring on the tascam and also the hole in the deadcat. hope this makes it easier to find the jack. the tascam works as my stereo mic and pre-amp for my gopro hero2 which is mounted to my Z all the time.

tested over 10mics from cheap $3 ebay mic up to $250 Rode mic. found that my tascam has the best dynamic range, stereo imaging, and mechanical isolation from bumps... guys over at the Z forum use to make fun of me cause i kept testing new mics and returning the ones that didnt work out. hahaha.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
no my friend just took it off today lol so im pick it up this friday finaly lol

Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
DAm u and ur 100% lol DA

Old 10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
no my friend just took it off today lol so im pick it up this friday finaly lol
ahh, sounds good. hope you get that thing installed and share your reviews in the suspension forum.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
so i got the sudden urge to make a little collar under my TWM knob on my Z to better match the stock shift boot.

went to the hardware store to get this in the toilet section.

sanded the thing down to make it shorter...

then turned it to make it true... thing fit perfectly onto my shank adapter thingie..

made a core for it out of some plastic spacer thingie i had from a wireshelf i bought..

assembled...

finished...

Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
i had a fun time driving my GE to the stores.

then cleaned up my G. just calduster and spot QD. will take the G to work again tomorrow if it looks to be a dry day.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Mr. Kenchan how's it going? It's that time of the year again, where Z go to zZzZzZ for 5 months or so. I am 99.9% sure Nov. 1 will be official day to put it away (wash/detail, oil change, battery tender, car cover, take off insurance)

Any updates on your Z?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ZMan8
Mr. Kenchan how's it going? It's that time of the year again, where Z go to zZzZzZ for 5 months or so. I am 99.9% sure Nov. 1 will be official day to put it away (wash/detail, oil change, battery tender, car cover, take off insurance)

Any updates on your Z?
hey there, mr.zman! yah, im thinking about winding down this season as well. i dont have a specific 'season end' date in mind, the weather will tell me when it's time. usually i can stretch to about thanksgiving holiday.

for me im just going to fillup to full, place on flatstoppers, pump 42psi, battery manager, QD, put a cover on. im on leisure car insurance (both Z and G) so the amount i pay is peanuts on the cars especially with all the discounts i get. i just set a max annual milage (5000miles) on the cars and my insurance gives me an applicable low rate. so i dont change my policy during hibernation.

no new items on the Z this summer, other then the nismo wheelset i got in july. that was a chunk of change.

i bought the FitSport (aka "GE" chassis code GE8) in August so been working on that. i put in about $3K or so into the car with 2 sets of wheels and some other stuff. at least it's all paid for, and actually fun to drive this thing. i plan to keep this car for as long as i can as my winter dd.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
motored my GE to work today. was a fun drive. looks like strong winds today and possible rain by late afternoon...

strong wind = dust on car + rain = YUK

so no G today. hopefully tomorrow.

anyway, i dont mind driving the GE one bit. thing is cool.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
so i saw this post on another forum at fitfreak long time ago that someone installed a variable intermittent wiper stalk on their MT GE so thanks to MEATBABY's little nudge, i ordered up the part and shall have it in my hands next week.

i noticed last week while driving in the rain that the wiper does not slow down under 10mph, which was pretty annoying. not having variable intermittent wipers is not a huge deal, but it now slowing down while stopped was pretty pre-1990's feel. not cool. so will take care of this soon. i didn't order the pins for the harness wire. im going to place the new wire in the dedicated slots, etape + ziptie together to another wire and plug the connectors in.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
dayam frost on the GE this am. hahaha, we had a hot summer, no Fall, just boom!, Winter almost.

pulled my GE out of the way to motor my G to work today. should be a calmer day than yesterday. had plenty of wind and rain last night.

not much car action this week as i need to do a lot of kids stuff this saturday, and it looks like my other motoring day, sunday, might rain. oh well. perhaps i will do a full QD and interior detail on my G inside.

need to get some fuel stabilizer this year for my G. the car has potentially developed the notorious gas filler problem common in G35's and lately can't fillup to full even at this one mobil station that has a certain pump with a nozzle angle ideal for my car. fuel indicator only goes to about 90%. that could mean two things...

better would be the tank is physically full, but the indicator contacts are dirty...
-or- worse, the tank is not physically full and i have air inside that can spoil the gas over time. my hobby cars' hibernation is usually 4months so Sta-Bil, fuel stabilizer, can help with that.

according to the manufacturer, i need to pour in 8oz for her 20gallon tank during her last fill of the year. i usually drive a few miles to stir it up well.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
I try to make it a habit to keep my tanks full specially if not being used on a regular basis. Helps keep dead air space away... Plus, always ready when needed. Drives me bonkers starting a trip with "Oh wait, gotta get some gas first..." Just me.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
yah, that's the best way, actually. ive not had to use sta-bil in the past other than for lawn mowers and other 2cycle stuff, but with the fuel indicator showing not completely full, i can't tell if there's really fuel in there or not beyong what's showing in the cluster.

i look at the amount of gallons fueled, but it's hard to tell how much more gallons the fuel tank takes above the "F" in the fuel guage so im not taking any chances.

plus it's only like $7 so not much of an investment or hassle.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
cold weather... condensation... not good...

Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
exactly. i dont start the car once in hibernation either. 4months is no issue for synthetic oil lube for start up come Spring time.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
wheew, almost done for the day, looking forward to my commute home.

plan of action for tonight is just caldust my G and spot QD, remove dead leaves that i can reach without popping hood. last weekend i found a lot of dead leaves in the trunk lid jam (or watever you call that area ). i just used my shopvac. very quick.

hope to motor my G to work tomorrow and maybe Friday.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
drive it in circles

Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
cleaned up the G a little bit when i got home...and also the GE cause it had a few bird pee on it.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Bird shit?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?