General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I do the same, usually in 2nd though because traffic doesn't roll that slow here. I hate having to stand on the brakes in my wife's AT.

77k miles on OEM brakes with tons of life left

yah, AT's are tiring. good driving on the 77k miles on oem brakes. wow!

Old 12-06-2013, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
10F this am... kinda chilly. car started up fine like nothing happened, as expected.
expecting 5F tomorrow am.

hope you all have a nice weekend!

Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
snowed maybe 2inches yesterday and last night. not too bad, but just a salty mess this am.

im superglad i got that aries floormat. all the salt and water just stays put. with that strip of felt i installed
near the gas pedal, no salt on carpet.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
got a new usb charger/cable for my nuvi. since the last map and firmware update, for some reason whenever i use my usb adapter socket to power my nuvi, it went into pc-mode. took like 2min before the thing would fire up.

this new charger is low profile, has the right 90 degree mini-usb plug. works great. immediately took my nuvi to nav mode.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
so we had -5F last night, car fired up a tad slow, but normal. only issue is that the tpms light came on. not sure why. the last air fill i did was like 2wks ago on a 40F day, inflated to 36.5psi. at 1psi loss per 10F, 0F would've been 32.5psi, even -10F would be 31.5psi.

thought the tpms only turns on when psi drops below 28psi..

Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
thought the tpms only turns on when psi drops below 28psi..
If memory serves me right it does...

I know the GE8 Sport tire pressure is rated at 33 psi and the Base at 32... it would be weird (but makes sense) if Honda bumped the light threshold to 29 psi on the Sports.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
hey there hootie. yah, will check again when i get home. temps are coming back up to the low teens today.

thanks for the info on the 33psi for GE. i remember my GD was 32psi so never really bothered to check. hahahaha. im usually 35-37psi on this car.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
so it ended up my tpms was working correctly. i had a puncture in my rear tire. psi was 29.4 when i measured it though.

so i had the pleasure of removing this thin piece of metal that looked like it came off a bracket of some sort from the tire at 15F with snow in the treads. it was a royal pita to find the puncture. used my heatgun in my garage to melt the snow. i used a plug to fill the hole, but im not sure how well these things work in such cold temps. after i closed the garage door, it was about 25F in the garage. i measured psi this am and pressure seems to be holding. ive used these plugs many times with success, but temps were above 60F.

will drive it around a few days to see. will get that patched up from the inside if it continues to leak. so first time in 10yrs+ tpms actually worked correctly for me. lol the error light went out this am as it should.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i used a plug to fill the hole, but im not sure how well these things work in such cold temps.
As long as it's not on the sidewall you're ok.
Most of my life I've had used beaters, so I've had to patch numerous flats (some even on the side of the hwy), and in many, many various conditions... as long as it's done right you're good to go!

I always keep a plug kit & mini compressor in the trunk..

Old 12-13-2013, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
As long as it's not on the sidewall you're ok.
Most of my life I've had used beaters, so I've had to patch numerous flats (some even on the side of the hwy), and in many, many various conditions... as long as it's done right you're good to go!

I always keep a plug kit & mini compressor in the trunk..

yah, the hole was like at least an inch from the sidewall so location wise it's fine. hope the plug holds. thanks for the encouragement! lol

Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
checked the psi and air's holding. actually temp went up since this am so psi was up as well.

so i can now say these plug work even in 15-20F temps. lol

Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
ordered more tire plugs for my stock.

need to order the vinyl to cover up the brushed aluminum part of my enkei wheels. want to make it all gunmetal color instead for 2014.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
was 4F this am, no tpms warning light.

i should be getting my spare tire plugs today. im also getting a small 12v air pump to keep in my '12 as well just in case my wife or i needs to fix a flat during a road trip or something.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
got my cargo organizer thingie and placed in my '12's trunk. it has velcro on the bottom and hooks up to the floor real well so no sliding that i could tell this am. been having issues of carrying take-out (chinese, mexican food, etc) and having the bag almost fall over while making turns... my car is MT so was kind of a hassle holding the bag while driving. with this, i hope my issue is resolved.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Happy holidays everyone! hope all your xmas shopping is done.

I've been waiting on a few parts to come in, but stuck somewhere in USPS. they really suckarse this season.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Administrator
Yo!

Do you have a parts list and or unified post with all your mods in it?

Happy holidays kenchan!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Yo!

Do you have a parts list and or unified post with all your mods in it?

Happy holidays kenchan!
hey there, waizzz. happy holidays.

uhhh...if i can remember correctly from front to back:

clearbra, yellow fog lamp lens covers, infiniti horns, swifts, spc camber bolts, boosts with 205/50/16 dws (summer are enkei's with RE760), oem window visors, oem cf interior trims, oem sills, oem intermittent wiper, ignition key led, 2500BT with oem dash trim, nuvi/smart phone cradle, oem aluminum pedals, return spring for gas pedal, washers on driver seat to tilt back a little, aries floormats, oem leather shift knob, recaro booster seats for my kids, window tint, rear door decals, tail lamp tint film, tanabe muffler. with everything including the 2 sets of wheels, i think i spent no more than $21-22K tax included for the entire car.

i dont plan on doing any more mods on this car.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
i tried out my new air pump that i will keep in my '12 yesterday. it's by slime brand or something. very small, yet powerful. i have a 25A 12v powersupply in the garage so used that. i need to verify if i swapped out my fuse for the power socket in my GE.

i cant remember if i used the add-a-circuit on the powersocket fuse (10A max) or another fuse. and it being like -6F today, didnt feel like going out there... plus my car is a dirty hunk of salt. eeww... dont want to touch it. lol the air pump recommends 15A minimum.

i also have alligator clamps to 12v female socket cord, so i might just use that instead during emergencies. never know if it's raining... dont want to keep my door open. if i decide to go this route, will install an inline 20A fuse.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
hope you all had a great holiday. already cleaned up the tree and now getting ready for new years celebration.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
was 35F this am, so washed my GE's. also checked up on that tire i plugged a few weeks back. no issue.

and i placed my slime air pump in the side slot in the trunk. im going to be using the alligator clips to female 12v socket. no issue with length. if you keep the 12v adapter in its box, it fits into the side slot of the trunk with the air pump nice and snug.

here are the two units i got:

Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator : Amazon.com : Automotive Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator : Amazon.com : Automotive

this is the adapter. keep it in the box so that your pump or your clips dont rattle.

Amazon.com: Roadpro 12V Battery Clip-On and Cigarette Lighter Adapter: Automotive Amazon.com: Roadpro 12V Battery Clip-On and Cigarette Lighter Adapter: Automotive

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?