General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Even 0-60 under 7 sec. would be plenty quick IMO. Fiesta ST is right around the 7 second mark IIRC.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:22 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, my lightly modded GTI can do 5 sec, maybe even sub-5 if i can get the tires to grip just right.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
cleaned up my wife's GK's interior yesterday which is my weekly routine for my dd's. i usually use a detailer MF towel and spray a few mists of Griot's Speedshine into da towel and gently wipe down. it leaves behind no residue.

i know companies sell interior cleaner products and wipes but meh.. unless ur car is filthy no need.

i wipe down everything from the dash, cluster gauge lens, HU, cup holder, shifter finisher, steering column, steering wheel, etc. top to bottom. matte clean finish. car looks new.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
i started rust proofing my cars in prep for winter. i will be working on my GTI over the weekend. not really necessary on these modern cars but i like my chassis clean.

i use a little yogurt cup and a narrow paint brush to apply light motor oil to all the fasteners heads, brackets, brake hose metal pieces (not the hose) and rods, some areas of the knuckle most prone to rust. i also do it in the engine bay parts too to keep them looking nice.

might do it on the GK too.. not sure. the last GE my wife drove looked like hell (by my standards) by the 7th yr but functionally no issue.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
got the GK in winter mode with husky floor mats, blizzak snow tires, new wiper refills installed. also checked fluid levels. the coolant dropped below the min mark..typical for coolant to drop lower in colder weather. since i still had some honda coolant left, added a dab..otherwise would've just put some distilled water to get it up to the min mark.

will re-torque the lugs a few more times.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Newbie here. I just bought a 2017 Honda Fit LX 6 spd. I've been reading and noticed that the Fit is referred to as GD GE and GK. What are those initials mean? My model in the USA is LX.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wasserball
Newbie here. I just bought a 2017 Honda Fit LX 6 spd. I've been reading and noticed that the Fit is referred to as GD GE and GK. What are those initials mean? My model in the USA is LX.
Refers to first (GD), second (GE) or third generations (GK).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Fit

Old 11-26-2016, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
hope u guys had a great Thanksgiving and got great deals from black friday.

i didnt do any shopping, but i had a CAI for my GTI dat i had been putting off to install, so installed dat a few days ago, also hard wired my V1. first time working on a vw, but wasnt much different from our j-cars. had a fun time working on my car, took the car out for a quick test drive. definitely more torque i can feel since im already running a piggyback pulling more air than stock.

been kinda looking around for a new set of wheels to run some summer tires next yr.. the DWS06 is good even in this colder weather, but i need stickier tires in the summer. there is so much torque on this car im spinning 1st, 2nd, and into 3rd. probably get some super sports (PSS)..

Old 11-29-2016, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Kenchan....what is the ride quality like going from the GE to the GTI? REcently several passengers have been talking about how the rear seats you feel EVERY bump...and I dont disagree...but riding up front I don't notice....I just hear it and see them bounce around in the back seat.

I am running Swift springs on OEM struts with the progress RSB....also my tire size is 1" diameter smaller than stock...but I keep reading the ride is rough/bumpy regardless.

I was considering the Gti before the Fit but it is out of budget but have a good friend who may be selling his 2014 6-spd in the next 6 months that would be in budget this time around and am wondering if the ride will be a huge improvement (which I feel it would be).

Sorry for the long story and look forward to your opinion. =)

Old 11-30-2016, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Mine runs VWR springs and light weight wheels with DWS06, so don't know how stock was but da car rides smooth to me (but I also own a new STI which I feel rides fine, whimps say it rides stiff) and in a different league than da fits. mine came with the autobahn trim so has all da bells less driver assist which I didn't want. Luv da stereo. It is so good. thing is a rocket too with da DSG.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
But if I was to do it again with DSG, I'd get the S3.

I'm a MT driver and wanted to try DSG for the commute. It's fine for dat, but realized how boring it is and will not be getting a sports car (like GT-R which was my next hobby car target) with electronic dual clutch gearboxes in da future. I think AT is great for lux cars.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
What tires are you considering? I THINK I'm going to put Michelin PSS on my AP1...unless I do Star Specs or RE71R because I'm a dork.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Ok well that sounds positive regardless. I wish VW didnt have the whole TDI scandal....I really wanted a TDI A3 Quattro wagon or golf...oh well.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
What tires are you considering? I THINK I'm going to put Michelin PSS on my AP1...unless I do Star Specs or RE71R because I'm a dork.
im most likely going to do PSS for summer as they are light weight vs the bridgestones. one of the primary reasons why i went with the DWS06 was for its light weight, plus the all season factor with decent driveability in light snow.

my GTI has so much power when im on it, i wished i would've just gotten the S3 (standard AWD) from that perspective too just to put all dat power down.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Ok well that sounds positive regardless. I wish VW didnt have the whole TDI scandal....I really wanted a TDI A3 Quattro wagon or golf...oh well.
GTI's a great car. i think you'll really enjoy the MT version. one note though, the 2016 and up comes standard with carplay/android auto if you get the fender stereo. comes in real handy at times as i keep most of my music in my iphone.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
im most likely going to do PSS for summer as they are light weight vs the bridgestones. one of the primary reasons why i went with the DWS06 was for its light weight, plus the all season factor with decent driveability in light snow.

my GTI has so much power when im on it, i wished i would've just gotten the S3 (standard AWD) from that perspective too just to put all dat power down.

GTI's a great car. i think you'll really enjoy the MT version. one note though, the 2016 and up comes standard with carplay/android auto if you get the fender stereo. comes in real handy at times as i keep most of my music in my iphone.
Yeah my buddy has a 2014 Gti that hes selling in the next 6 months so thats really the only one I'd consider. Guess I gotta do my research...

Both are typically in the top of the compact category and car and drivers best. Also both are fun to drive and love curves, albeit the GTI has a slight edge due to nearly double the HP.

2014 GTI:
Pros: Comfort, quieter, more HP, more premium feel/look. Sunroof.
Cons: Slight increase in car payment, Premium gas, increased insurance premium (have to verify), lower reliability (increase cost of ownership), greater depreciation.

2013 Fit sport:
Pros: Low cost of ownership, higher reliability, more functional/adjustable rear seat configurations (rear seats up make it super easy for my aging dog getting in and out of the car), regular gas, higher resale.
Cons: cheaper feel/look, road/engine noise, rough ride for passengers.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Honestly speaking, I wouldn't exchange a 13' GE MT for a 6th GTI.. especially since u already modded ur GE.

u should opt for the 7th GTI.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
Honestly speaking, I wouldn't exchange a 13' GE MT for a 6th GTI.. especially since u already modded ur GE.

u should opt for the 7th GTI.
Agreed.

In addition to the mk7 just being better, a VW that is outside of warranty?

My brother has a 2011 Jetta TDI and oof, the issues he has with it. Only two more weeks until VW buys it back though.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
part of the problem with the older vw's is dat they were made in germany. my mexican GTI has been very reliable thus far. not one single problem.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
you folks have experience with VMR wheels? how is the quality and overall wear?
i like their 19" size wheels... was thinking about getting a set next season. they aren't the lightest though, but not super heavy either.

for example their 18x8.5 are like 20lbs.
stock GTI 18" wheels are 25lbs
my OZ 18" are 17lbs can definitely feel da power and braking advantage.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah it is out of warranty and that is a big thing that scares me.

Seems like keeping the Fit is more and more becoming the better/smarter option. Passengers in the back will just have to suck it up on bumpy roads haha. Hell maybe my rear struts are shot? But they aren't leaking and rebound fine. Not that continuous bounce.

Which VMR wheels?

I'd personally stick to the lighter OZ just for that lower rotational mass.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?