General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 06:33 PM
I've had the early '15 MBP for a little over a year and a half now, it's a great computer. I know you will enjoy it. Mine has maxed out RAM and SSD and I love it.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:10 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Nice! Good to hear. Been doing some photoshop work on it this pm and thing has been flawless

Old 12-26-2016, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
alright, with da warm weather today (40F's) got out dere to wash my dd's. GTI came out clean, but the GK... found a ding on the rear passenger side quarter.

not dat I care, unlike the GTI, there is a pull back liner and appears I can get my PDR tool back dere. will fix come Spring.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
Taking a vac day today. Going to check psi on the GK and GTI, and will pull out my other car this am for some MT fun.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Craps my GTI got clobbered by some debris coming home today ending up with damage on the plastic side sill. it's gauged pretty good. I'm going to check in the sun light tomorrow, but from wat I could see no damage to da metal panels.

Ordered up a sill replacement. Hope to have this fixed in a week's time.

It was on the expressway at night so couldn't see wat hit da car.. but it was a loud bang!!

Old 12-30-2016, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
inspected my GTI this am and the damage appears to have been contained in the plastic side sill trim alone. wheeww! so glad no damage on the metal panels. should have dis fixed in no time.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
have a happy new year everyone!

see u all back here next yr.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Happy New Year everyone!!

hope u guys had a fun (or relaxing) and safe holiday. i didnt do much yesterday, just spent time with my family and that's about all I could ask for. watched tv and just relaxed.

not much of a new year's resolution but this yr I'm going to stay way from spending on car things besides maintenance stuff and rebuild my car budget a bit. I spent a good chunk of change last year buying 2 new cars cash (STI and GTI) along with mod bits for both of them...

the current gen STI has exceeded my expectations by a huge margin.. it can do everything I want on a hobby car in addition to having practicality and be driven all year long (if needed) with no reason to hibernate it like my Z. I hate driving RWD with fugly snow tires so I just hibernate the car entirely. plus its a hobby car, I don't want to see corrosion all over while I'm under da car..

as most of u read here, my gripe with electronic dual clutch gearboxes (boring to drive!) has rendered my future hobby car candidates. they are fine on a dd like my GTI.. but 'hobby cars' will need to have an MT gear box. no question for me. i don't care how slow it might be vs its AT variant..I don't track my cars so it has to be fun driving them on the streets.

plus, electronic steering..the feedback feels too artificial to me and do not belong on a hobby car. hopefully by da time my car budget is back up for my next car in a few yrs, electronic steering will be greatly improved.

have a great 2017!!

Old 01-03-2017, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
last day off today.. was hoping to wash my GTI early am and run a few errands and just spend the rest of da day bumming out, but since the roads are wet i need to wait for the stores to open first, den wash the car later.

anyway during the post-xmas holiday, i got to spend some time to play with BT headsets for my MBP. main use is internet radio, youtube, and iTunes.. wasn't needing anything audiophile, but something nice dat I can wear for hours without fatigue and no cords.

being an audio guy, my expectations for BT headphones was kinda low because of the narrow bandwidth, compression, etc. so I bought 2 headsets, one from a never of heard of brand $60... looks nice fits nicely. the other was a Sony one (link below). got it on sale for $129, so a great bargain.

the cheepo BT headphone's audio was pretty terrible. besides it sounding muddy, the audio was all over the place as far as frequency response. the Sony I like. it's not audiophile quality but it has a relatively flat response (a tad bassy) with a nice bass boost feature where listening at very low levels sound good. there is a slight hiss from its internal amps while the circuit is active which was a little annoying to me, but for most people they may not hear it.

here it is. check it out.
Deep Bass Headphones with Bluetooth & NFC | MDR-XB950BT | Sony US

Old 01-05-2017, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
Hope to get my tracking number soon for dat side sill replacement for my GTI. Too cold to do the work dis week but next weekend should be in da mid 30's..

Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
should have the sill in my hands by early next week. I'm going to replace dat piece hopefully next weekend.. (or just wait till it's warmer.. but I get to make da call so datz good).

Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds like you had a good holiday besides the plastic sill damage.

I wish they still made a STI wagon =/

Old 01-08-2017, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
yah, the sill should be here this week.

im not much of a sedan guy but the current STI looks better in sedan. have u seen the Levorg? kinda ugly..

Old 01-08-2017, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
its like a legacy wagon.. dere are a few picts of it in some angles dat look promising, but at da end it looks like dis... it's a damn station wagon.

http://resources.carsguide.com.au/st...-japan-(6).jpg

Old 01-12-2017, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
I got the replacement side sill da other day for my GTI. will fix it when I feel like it I guess. probably not dis weekend or next.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
its like a legacy wagon.. dere are a few picts of it in some angles dat look promising, but at da end it looks like dis... it's a damn station wagon.

http://resources.carsguide.com.au/st...-japan-(6).jpg
Yeah you're right that wagon looks like a freaking foot...oh well.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Lol!! I liked the previous gen hatch. Waz very close to getting one if my knee didn't keep hitting da bottom of its steering column..

Old 01-14-2017, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
decided to un-subscribe from pandora-one after 3yrs. not dat its bad I'm just tired of their narrow selection. I'm listening to iheartradio more and since my STI and GTI (CarPlay) can both play natively from the factory HU, no real reason to keep pandora any more..at least not on subscription. i have a Spotify account too but not for me.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I've never paid for a streaming service.

But that may explain why I am years behind on new music other than the few CD's I buy each year.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
haha, yah, I mean music isn't for everyone, plus most people just want something playing in the background to drown silence...

I have the iheart app on my MBP too at home. works nice. I know they also have monthly subscriptions but its okay. if I like an artist dat much, ill just buy deir album from iTunes.

amazon also has a nice streaming service per my wife..

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?