General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 12:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I guess wat I like best about these internet radios is I can find other artists I didnt even know existed...and the audio quality is not bad at all for listening in da car or bgm for home unlike FM.. plus FM.. lol.. dey just yak too much during rush hour and commercials after commercials...

Old 01-16-2017, 07:07 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kenchan
...I can find other artists I didnt even know existed...

I agree. That is my favorite feature of both Apple Music and Pandora, the two services I subscribe to. Apple Music especially has awesome hand-curated playlists that they recommend for you based on your listening habits. I've discovered some great artists that way.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
yah, definitely a good way to find new artists.

first pothole encounter of the yr on my GTI. thought the wheel bent/broke tire bubble or puncture.. it was a huge BANG!! but luckily no damage I could see. may check the tire over da weekend for bubbles on the inner sidewall, but probably okay. no vibration, etc.

and the alignment is ever so slightly off, but not enough to require alignment.

funny is dat my rear bumper is now slightly out of alignment by a few mm on the driver side (same side as da pothole).. wtf... definitely going to fix dat tomorrow. lol and probably swap the side sills too.

Old 01-21-2017, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
got to wash my GTI since like 3wks ago and finally clean again.

fixed the side sill and also the rear bumper alignment. I think the thing shifted from when I hit the pothole earlier in da week. inspected da wheel very carefully and it's slightly bent. not enough to cause vibration but went ahead and ordered one replacement wheel with new DWS06 wrapped.. came out to just a tad over $600. I run OZ HLT wheels so not the cheapest.

I'm pretty sure the radial inside got beat up too so don't want to use it long term since its my dd. will keep the wheel as a spare. might send it out to a wheel repair place down the road.

cleaned up the interior real nice, washed the weathertechs too. cleaned up the engine bay, did some real minor inspection. my car should be good as new by next weekend.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
insurance is going to see if they can help me with the replacement wheel. dat would be great if dey can help.

but if paperwork is going to be a biotch im just paying out of pocket. i dont care. its good to have a spare anyway since dd..

Old 01-22-2017, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Dang! Those sound like some vicious potholes. I know when it rains here the existing potholes double/triple in size/depth. Had to avoid a couple back to back the other day. Sure the truck behind me was probably like "is this guy drunk at 2 in the afternoon?".

Speaking of insurance I gotta call mine and see if they will do something about the sand damage on my front end...I feel they'll say its wear and tear though.

Got to drive my buddies GTI last weekend...not a good idea...solid car, quiet cabin and the 6spd is buttery smooth.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Dang! Those sound like some vicious potholes. I know when it rains here the existing potholes double/triple in size/depth. Had to avoid a couple back to back the other day. Sure the truck behind me was probably like "is this guy drunk at 2 in the afternoon?".

Speaking of insurance I gotta call mine and see if they will do something about the sand damage on my front end...I feel they'll say its wear and tear though.

Got to drive my buddies GTI last weekend...not a good idea...solid car, quiet cabin and the 6spd is buttery smooth.

yah, it was raining (and dark) when my car stepped into da pothole. i seriously could not see it and BANG!! once my replacement wheel comes in im going to inspect da suspension in detail. but at least it drives normally for now. i dont think there is any additional damage.

honestly if it was a normal person they may not even detect dat the wheel is bent. have to look at it very carefully but it is bent for sure.

yah, GTI's are a completely different animal. dese are sports cars in disguise... that is how good they drive. the german design stability on the hwy is second to none. cross winds are no issue.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member

yah, it was raining (and dark) when my car stepped into da pothole. i seriously could not see it and BANG!! once my replacement wheel comes in im going to inspect da suspension in detail. but at least it drives normally for now. i dont think there is any additional damage.

honestly if it was a normal person they may not even detect dat the wheel is bent. have to look at it very carefully but it is bent for sure.

yah, GTI's are a completely different animal. dese are sports cars in disguise... that is how good they drive. the german design stability on the hwy is second to none. cross winds are no issue.
Yeah we will see whats up. He intends to sell it sometime in the next year or less. As previously mentioned my concerns are repair costs and reliability. Pros are buttery 6 spd, quiet cabin and ooooo that turbo pulls nice! Before I knew it I was going 90mph opps Not to mention I drove the same roads as I do in my Fit and it was more comfy yet with similar or better handling in the corners.

Fit has reliability hands down....just read that thread about the guy with a GE with 400K+ miles. Not to mention cheap/easy to repair if ever needed.

Guess I'll worry about it if the option to buy it arises.

Yeah most people wouldnt notice the bent wheel. Did you feel it? Or was it just or experience in that it MAY be bent made you check it?

Old 01-22-2017, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Right I don't know da reliability on these GTI's. Will find out I guess.

Yah no vibration from the wheel at expressway speeds. I checked because it was a significant impact. First glance it appeared ok but upon closer look no. Will do more inspection later this week when I get the replacement in my hands and take the wheel off. I hope my spacer's hubcentric lip survived..

Old 01-25-2017, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
woot, swapped to my replacement wheel and tire on my GTI.. will take it out for its first drive dis am to work. hope no more pothole encounters!

Old 01-25-2017, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
everything passed with flying colors. no issue wat so ever. my car is fixed.

tirerack is da best. no mount marks, perfect balance, perfect on time delivery too.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
My insurance covered da bent wheel and tire. Real happy

Old 01-27-2017, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Just cover deductible?

Old 01-27-2017, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
yah, which is zero so i feel kinda lucky considering wat happened.. no incident wouldve been great but shittt happens.

im lucky dat i got a great insurance agent.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Nice! Man 0 deductible sounds like the policy premium itself would be high no?

Old 01-28-2017, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
not really. i only pay like 360 or 380 or something for 6months on da GTI. i own 3 other cars, house, and various other policies. i am also an A++ status member with my insurance so i get multiple levels of discounts.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
cant help but notice lots of testy newbs who appear to have been introduced to da internet recently posting lately. wtf mang..

its one thing to be a newb but dont be a stupid arsenewb on da forum..makes da rest of us look stupid.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
cant help but notice lots of testy newbs who appear to have been introduced to da internet recently posting lately. wtf mang..

its one thing to be a newb but dont be a stupid arsenewb on da forum..makes da rest of us look stupid.
Very much agree.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
yah, and i think these newbs are like older men too who dont know how to behave on the internet.. real embarrassing.

anyway, got a nice itunes album yesterday and enjoyed listening to it on da way home. traffic was horrible but the tunes made it alright.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:39 PM
got a nice itunes album yesterday and enjoyed listening to it on da way home. traffic was horrible but the tunes made it alright.
What album was it?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?