General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:09 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
washed da GTI last night after work. been getting a lot of compliments at my work's parking structure. can definitely tell it's a car guy's dd.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Compliments on one's car are always nice. Driving a dirty orange economy car doesn't get me many

Old 03-28-2017, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Compliments on one's car are always nice. Driving a dirty orange economy car doesn't get me many
Yeah I hear that...GTI's are just visually pleasing even in stock form. Add some subtle touches and it's a stunner.

Fits...are definitely something you either like or hate . Even in stock or modified form.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah I hear that...GTI's are just visually pleasing even in stock form. Add some subtle touches and it's a stunner.

Fits...are definitely something you either like or hate . Even in stock or modified form.
The last couple women that have ridden in it both called it cute & said they liked it.

Though one stated that the ride made her sick to her stomach.

Realization: Other than my Mom, aunt and a coworker, no woman over 22 has ever ridden in the car. *gasp*

Old 03-28-2017, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
The last couple women that have ridden in it both called it cute & said they liked it.

Though one stated that the ride made her sick to her stomach.

Realization: Other than my Mom, aunt and a coworker, no woman over 22 has ever ridden in the car. *gasp*
GF sees a GTI : yeah thats a very nice looking car...I really like that.
GF sees a Fit: meh...thats nice babe...its "cute"...So why didnt you get a GTI?

Old 03-28-2017, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
I showed one a picture of the S2000.

"Whoa, that's a hot car."

I knew things wouldn't work out when she was impressed by my pink Miata.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
thanks guys. i like the subtle lines on the GTI and it just flows when u lower the ride and get some nice 19x8.5's on there..

cant wait for warmer days.. i want to do some spot polishing and seal it up.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
I showed one a picture of the S2000.

"Whoa, that's a hot car."

I knew things wouldn't work out when she was impressed by my pink Miata.
haha, not funny but funny. can u salvage the paint with some polish and sealant?

Old 03-29-2017, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
haha, not funny but funny. can u salvage the paint with some polish and sealant?
You can save your milano pink s2k....i just saved my pink fit =)

Takes some elbow grease but results are great and satisfying. Posted a thread about my success.

Who knew how hard it was to get pictures of the pink vs red...

Old 03-29-2017, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
Oh definitely, the paint on it actually isn't too bad.

For a 17 year old Honda with 140k miles.

You can save your milano pink s2k....i just saved my pink fit =)

Takes some elbow grease but results are great and satisfying. Posted a thread about my success.

Who knew how hard it was to get pictures of the pink vs red...
New Formula Pink

I'm going to polish both it & my Fit this spring, too cold right now. Now that I finally have a garage of my own it is high on my to-do list.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Nice, sounds good mike410b!

Old 03-29-2017, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Kenchan figure I'd ask you since iirc you did auto detail/body work, is a sealant something you do after/before wax? Does it protect the clear coat more? Doing a clay/compound/polish/wax did wonders restoring my paint, didnt know if a sealant would help prolong the results.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Kenchan figure I'd ask you since iirc you did auto detail/body work, is a sealant something you do after/before wax? Does it protect the clear coat more? Doing a clay/compound/polish/wax did wonders restoring my paint, didnt know if a sealant would help prolong the results.
-Wash/remove all old wax/sealants
-Clay
-Compound/Polish
-Sealant
-Wax

Sealant protects the paint longish term, wax adds visual depth & another layer of protection, albeit for a much shorter time span.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
yah, mike has the sequence correct. you want to wash the car first, then remove any contaminants with clay, then polish, maybe glaze if ud like, then sealant or wax (or wax over sealant).

sealant and wax are similar in a way it protects ur finish. but they are different. sealant is polymer based where as wax is carnauba (natural) based.

sealant has water sheeting properties where as wax has a beading property.
so for my dd's i use sealant as i want rain water to roll off the car and make washing easier.

for my hobby cars i use wax because i use quick detailer sprays to clean the cars after a drive. i rarely wash dem with a hose. i want beading action so that the spray product does not roll off the paint when i wipe off with a MF cloth with the dust.

hope this helps.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
my wife picked me up at work today in her GK. when she approached i thought the GK's a good looking hatch.

i drove the car home and got dissed by a faking FedEX tractor trailer on the expressway getting cut off forcing me onto the shoulder, then later 2 faking prius drivers not letting me into their lanes.. i mean i had the turn signals on, they were about 3/4 car lengths behind and they suddenly accelerated.

i dont know how u guys cope with this BS. in my GTI i just punch the throttle and im like passing every annoying pos garbage in seconds during my commute. ive not had one incident where i felt like i didnt have enough power.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:30 PM
I've observed several different interpretations of what turn signals mean, depending on where you drive. I'm sure there are other protocols for other cities as well.

Chicago = "Hey watch out! I'm coming over!"

Boston = "Ah nevah mind. Ah'm heah alreddy."

Indianapolis = "Please, please, please let me in?"

I live near Indy.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha!

that's funny.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
swapped out the all season floor mats to carpet mats. washed the husky's and they still look very good, very durable. i just washed it with soap and water used a soft bristled brush.. then applied a coat of Prima Nero to protect. looks like new again.

i have weathertechs in my GTI and that cleaned up nicely too... but i think husky is just as good.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
finally got back from my biz trip and got some time today to wash and detail my GTI.

did some spot polish, spot clay, and HydroMax. after applying 2 layers i used some distilled water mist with MF towel to remove any smears from uneven layer. flattened to a nice polymer finish. the rear bumper had barely any contaminants on it even after the long winter... kinda surprised how well HydroMax worked.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
i need to fix a ding on the GK's passenger side quarter. its not too bad and located where i have access with my PDR tools. problem is ive been having this ache in my right arm the last 4-5 weeks that has not gone away. it's like my joint is hurting but only when i twist, grip hard, or stretch my arm.

i can do pushups but been backing off as i dont want to hurt it further. biggest problem is that grip strength and some twisting is needed to do this PDR work..

middle age is kicking my arse.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?