General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
some sore loser in an ILX decided to attempt out accelerating my GTI from a toll booth on my way home and he lost horribly for obvious reasons.. i let off at the legal max but he proceeded to do a ricor flyby. so sad..

dont be dat guy while driving a slow car.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Ricer fly by my Fit all the time.

(Or not, would take too long to even attempt ricer flyby)

Old 08-08-2017, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
haha hey, i like ur new sig pict!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
been looking at all sorts of wheels for my R's winter set, but im still kinda not feeling it. if i lower the ride a lot of them will look good, but without lowering they all look kinda meh..except for the OZ i was looking at before.

the factory BBS wheels on my car looks like they belong there and to me, they look the best.
several weeks ago there was a guy on ebay selling the same set i have.. they were take-offs and had tires on them.. i shouldve pulled the trigger. i didnt want the tires and thought id change it up a bit so passed.. bad move!

Old 08-09-2017, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
haha hey, i like ur new sig pict!
Thanks! Last one for awhile, finally found one where I got the height:length I wanted.

been looking at all sorts of wheels for my R's winter set, but im still kinda not feeling it. if i lower the ride a lot of them will look good, but without lowering they all look kinda meh..except for the OZ i was looking at before.

the factory BBS wheels on my car looks like they belong there and to me, they look the best.
several weeks ago there was a guy on ebay selling the same set i have.. they were take-offs and had tires on them.. i shouldve pulled the trigger. i didnt want the tires and thought id change it up a bit so passed.. bad move!
I have to imagine another set will pop up soon

Old 08-09-2017, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member

I vote for steelies! Go with the beater, I don't care look.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Thanks! Last one for awhile, finally found one where I got the height:length I wanted.

I have to imagine another set will pop up soon
yah nice proportion on the pict! yah, those factory wheels are hard to find.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
I vote for steelies! Go with the beater, I don't care look.
on a fit yes, but no way on my R!!

Old 08-09-2017, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
k the side diffuser arrived.. my porch camera sent me a pict, but the box looks like a pos sliver.

my son pulled it inside for me. will know more tonight

Old 08-09-2017, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
holy fak, FRP is heavy! i test fitted the universal unfinished diffuser on the R just for the hell of it to see if it would fit correctly.

as long as i trim out the jack points it should probably fit okay.. it's not just a flat piece so i need to be careful where i line up the lines to make them symmetrical on both sides.. length wise it is perfect.

honestly speaking though, considering how pliable it is, seems almost no different than using those junk universal trim tape. lol

Old 08-10-2017, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
so wat worries me the most is how well the paint is going to stick to the diffuser without cracking during install since it's so soft. im sure the flex primer is fine but not sure about the paint.. will definitely need 4 hands to do the install.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
k, finally got home from my biz trip and did a few test fits using the universal side diffuser on the R. long story short, if it was completely flat it could work, but since it has a decorative raised spot in the middle of the diffuser running the entire length of it, it makes the diffuser stick out too far vs to my liking. so i tossed it in my parts bin in the basement and will probably use it on another car down the road.

ordered another side diffuser made for the R. hope to get it next week. oh well.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, during my trip the rental car place gave me a kia optima? i think it was called. wat a pos 'car' dat thing. no power, terrible driving dynamics, no feedback, stupid cruise control, meaningless button for fuel cap release, etc. etc. it was like a 15yr old toyota copy done horribly. the good was noone targeted the pos while parked at a not so clean part of the city down in the southern states. lol

got back in my GTI on the way home and faking awesome mang.. so much power, super stability. now THAT is a compact car.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
so early this am i was checking out the new plants our landrapers planted (which are nice) and some stupid shittt down the street came to me asking for vid feeds off one of the multiple security cameras on my house. he said he parked his pos minivan across the street from my place overnight and someone broke into it so he wanted to see the feeds.

im like wtf mang, first off i dont even know you, second you shouldnt even be parked in that area, and i dont give out vids to anyone due to privacy and there are neighbors i like... and a frosting to you, i dont even like your faking type. GTFO! haha

Old 08-12-2017, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
now dat i got that loogie out of my system (post above), going to go out and enjoy my drive in my R this am.

should be a nice relaxing zippy ride.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Would not give out video from security camera.

But, that would require me having a security camera.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Would not give out video from security camera.

But, that would require me having a security camera.
right? i agree, it is a super stupid question for someone to ask a home owner such question. i mean i dont even know this guy.

one thing i asked too was if he filed a police report and the dumbarse says 'no'. so i told him, wat are you waiting for? file it now! but he's like no. so i pulled out my phone and said 'well, im calling them then' and he was like STOP STOP! lol

so im thinking he has drugs or bomb making materials or something crazy in his van, etc. right? so stupid. told him to go away and dont come back.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
got back from an awesome drive in my R. so~~ nice this car. i luv it. effortless rocket she is.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
k, got the winter set on order for my R

decided to go with the OZ HLT series again since i know they are high quality, light weight, and been running them on my GTI with no issues. went with the factory size but 5mm less offset placing the wheels a tad closer to the fender arches. factory tire size 235/35/19 DWS06.
color is like a dark gunmetal gloss finish.. yah, kinda played out but hell, it will look good on my ride.

cant wait to get them.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Should look nice. I want to go for a drive in my S2000, but I've been sick the last few days. Just going to lay around & go for a walk a bit later. Trying to sweat out this illness.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear about your illness.

i've been having this stomach bug the last few days and with my biz trip it was not nice. not that i had to go all the time, but mang was i bloated and still feel bloated after eating something.

hope you feel better soon!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?