General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
alright, weathertechs on order as well for my R, front and rears. i think she is now ready for winter motoring fun.
screw hibernating hobby cars through winter mang, AWD FTW!

..now i need to save up for that tiguan-R..

Old 08-12-2017, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
while working on my cars random people in the community come up to me asking if i work for a car dealership.
feeling kind of offended(?) honored (?), im like LOL nope! i ask why and they say cause they see
me with new cars all the time and me working on them. haha

well that's because i own 4 cars and rotate them usually every 4-5yrs, which means i will buy a new car every year or two. its really just one of my few hobbies. since i currently have three 2016's, my next purchase will be in 2.5yrs..

Old 08-12-2017, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
been waiting for UPS to deliver my RC truck i ordered last week. yah ups now delivers on saturdays.

and since the package requires a sig, i cant take a nap. i want to use my sony noise cancelling headphones and listen to some relaxing tunes to sleep (since my kids are putting together mom's new furniture.. a lot of them.. and making a lot of noise).. but dont want to miss ups either.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
..so been pitching in some tech tips in the wheels and sus forum.. while half awake. zzzzzzzzz

Old 08-12-2017, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Tech tips? Not even once :P

Old 08-12-2017, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
haha

yah, i have to sometimes otherwise people think im just all talk no walk. lol

Old 08-12-2017, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
I am all talk :hides:

Old 08-12-2017, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
lol haha!

you the financial advisor to members.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
alright, weathertechs on order as well for my R, front and rears. i think she is now ready for winter motoring fun.
screw hibernating hobby cars through winter mang, AWD FTW!

..now i need to save up for that tiguan-R..
Love Weathertech stuff, but curious why you picked it over the VW Muddy Buddy stuff?

We literally just got home from the VW dealer to get the rear cargo mat. Went with the VW tray that includes cargo divider blocks that velcro to the mat. I wanted it because it has volkswagen embroidered at the rear. It's the little things. LOL

Dealer had 3 options...Weathertech rubber, Muddy Buddy rubber, or the VW formed fabric type. None seemed like poor choices.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
my RC truck finally arrived, decided to cut the polycarbonate body and paint a few areas with a brush. will spray it tomorrow.

i wanted to get this done before temps start to fall. building the kit will come much later.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
does muddy buddy offer walls like weathertech and husky? because if its just a flat or near-flat all season floor mat with some honeycomb it's only half good for our winters here. regardless, the weathertechs fit perfectly in my GTI so was a natural choice to get another set for my R.

yah, my cars came with that vw cargo tray thing and the organizer. nice touch by vw.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
I think you made the right choice. I'm only finding Muddy Buddy for the rear cargo for some reason. I thought I saw Muddy Buddy on the window sticker on cars at the dealership, but maybe not.

Our Wolfsburg Golf was strangely equipped. Came with some things, but not others. The rear cargo mat was not one of them. Came with a complete set of carpet mats plus a complete set of "wolfsburg" embroidered carpet mats though. Our plan is to wear out the non-embroidered mats first and then order a set of weathertechs. "Wolfsburg" mats are wrapped up, boxed, and put into inventory in our basement.

Have Husky liners in my Lincoln and love them. Super tall sides.

Had Weathertechs in an F150 and they were the highest quality of them all.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
yah, it's funny how VW gives us 2 sets of floor mats. the GTI one was kinda nice because they gave me carpet mats and one GTI branded all season rubber mats. it's not very good for winter but for the most part, the rubber mats work fine for rain.

ive tried like the Aries brand floor liners and some other brand, but both husky and weathertech have proven track record of being top notch for me too. i prefer weathertech as it just looks nicer than husky, but husky is very functional too and that is wat i run in the GK and my STI.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
got a busy but fun day today.. on the menu..

go take my R for a nice relaxing fun drive.
spray paint my new RC truck body..
cut new RC body shells...
laundry... oh wait..

Old 08-13-2017, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got back from my drive in my R. had a great time, but used up like 1/3 of gas already since the fill yesterday. lol haha i dont care. bought the car to have fun!

cleaned her up in the garage and i was dressing the tires when i saw some dumbfak taxi driver drive up my driveway partially to make a 3 point turn. wtf mang! i was about to pull out a lug nut from my parts bin and throw it at the mofo. you dont drive up people's driveways especially not a car guy's driveway with his car on the driveway! GTFO!!

Old 08-13-2017, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
im going to mask up the windows on my RC truck's body and go spray it in a bit.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
got the body painted and now curing overnight before i pack it up for a gloomy rainy/snowy day to build the kit.
also cut one of the 3 polycarb bodies today. will do 2 more tomorrow and do some painting on them too since im off the next 2 days. woot!

then pull out my STI for a spin during geezer hour.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
I feel like I'm catching up with old friends...

How do you like the WRX STI? I almost pulled the trigger on a '16 WRX Premium, but just couldn't get over the overall poor fit and finish. I don't mean it was made poorly, but the plastics were low grade and the general bits and pieces were kind of subpar. I know those aren't Subies strong points. You buy one for their ruggedness and fun spirit. It had tons of spirit! Felt like it wanted 100 more hp and to be thrashed daily.

Also, they didn't have one with the Harman Kardon system and the regular radio was the worst I'd ever heard in a car. I'm talking not as good as my rides in the '80's. At near full volume it was just loud enough to overcome the tire and road noise and sounded horrible.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
STI is fantastic. it is a super fun car to drive and a true sports car in a family sedan disguise.
the STI's interior is fine with me, it's a sports compact i wasn't expecting anything luxurious. i got the JDM center gauge leather hat and carbon fiber door trim pieces. looks real nice. i also have the hellas installed and the rear JDM fog.

yah, the harmon kardon in my STI sounds pretty good too, not as great as the Fender audio in my GTI and R, but it sounds good enough that i wont be modding the stereo.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, not to forget AP..stage1. smooth power delivery.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?