General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:09 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
woot! got tracking number for the R's side diffusers.
hope to get it this week!

which means i need to clean below the rockers again..

Old 08-14-2017, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
so on the menu today..

packup some stuff wife and i need to return to amazon and others..
ebay store is allowing me to return the universal diffuser so i suppose i can get a few bucks back after ups fees.. i really didnt care about the funds but it taking up space in the basement was an issue cause i have more wheels coming in this week.. and while it might be cheap, i didnt want to just toss it in the trash cause it'll probably work on another car down the road..

cut one of two RC bodies this am..
then pull out my STI for a spin during geezer hour (9:15am - 11:15am)..

then relax early pm, cut the other RC body before heading out to my back yard to fire up the grill. BBQ tonight... oh mang, my wife makes some killer chicken and beef kabobz. kids luv their dogs and burgers but im all about the kabobs.

then close up shop, stream a movie or watever rest of the evening.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
motored my STI, had a great drive ..but i brainfarted and the hood was not latched when i drove off. i noticed the reflection of my car on the back of a van and made a quick stop to latch it. wtf mang.. not that the hood wouldve flown open, but it's like walking out of the house with my fly wide open.

my fun cars are usually hooked up to the battery manager since i only drive them on the weekends so naturally i pop the hood before the drive, unplug the battery, and close the hood. but the hood obviously did not close all the way even though it sounded like it latched completely. if this was my R or GTI, the cluster wouldve let me know that the hood wasnt latched but oh well..

QD'ed my STI and will now move onto my next fun things to do this pm.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
woot! got my tracking number for my wheels. hope to get it tomorrow.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
got the 2nd RC body cut and washed. will do some painting tomorrow am while i wait for UPS.

now, pulling out the grill for some kabobz.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
looks like shinjari got a new civic hb sport!

Old 08-15-2017, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
So today is the last day of my 4 day weekend so going to have more fun stuff to do.. on the menu today..

paint RC car bodies... just the black trims for today but will probably take me a good hour or so.

drop off packages at the post office to return that universal side diffuser and some other stuff.

continue helping son put together new furniture my wife got for the loft.

UPS swinging by to bring me the new wheel set and weathertechs for the R.
test fit the new wheels, go for a test drive and snaps. then swap back to
factory wheels. (the OZ's have DWS06, factory BBS has summers)

should be a full day.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
Aren't DWS06 all seasons?

Old 08-15-2017, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
yes they are, DWS = Dry Wet Snow. i dont drive my fun cars in deep snow cause it's a pita to wash them. but i do drive them on cold dry days which summer tires do not work very well. even in the fall/spring 45-50F early morning drives the roads are so cold summer tires dont stick at all.. so i run all seasons, but not just any all seasons. only DWS06!

Old 08-15-2017, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
alright, got back from running my quick errand to the post office using my wife's GK. the diffuser is long so didnt feel like using my GTI cause the GK is already setup to carry larger items. got gas on the way back as a token of appreciation to the wife for letting me borrow the car... and she staying home just in case UPS came by with my wheels.

while pumping regular gas at this 2nd class gas station, an S4 pulls up and starts fueling.. i look at this loser wearing cheap partially wrinkled dress shirt and pants like wtf are u doing. i point this out cause this crappy gas station, aka 2nd class gas station, does not pump the higher octane fuel like other 1st class gas stations that pump 93. and there is a BP, Mobil, and Shell just down the road! so stupid

Old 08-15-2017, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
RC bodies!? Man I've misses out on stuff. What did you get?

Yeah I did get rid of the GE and picked up a FK7! So happy with this thing. Took forever to find the White Sport with 6 speed...then a dealer that WASNT marking the car up 2-4k under the premise "Manual trans are hard to come by...the sport 6 speed is just as hard to get as a Type-r" BAH!!! Freaking scammers.

Only complaint about my Civic is it has the 2 tone beige/black interior, but all that beige is getting replaced with black Katzkin leather per the dealer (score!), they put color matched edge trim along the fenders (ewww) and those fake red caliper covers (super gross).

FYI this thread would be 10000% better with pics...but I know how time consuming that could be haha.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
hey there shinjari! it's just a fun little tamiya truck for bashing.

congrats again on the civic hb sport! huh, beige black combo... havent seen that in person but could look ok? (not sure im probably older than u so my preference could be biased..lol) the super bright red/black interior of the Type-R is waaaaaay too much color for me, as example. haha.

is the fender trim the narrow one or the wider one? regardless those are easy to take off with a little heat and pushing it sideways. i thought those red calipers in your pict was painted. haha

pict is fine but ive seen too many times people recirculating my pictures for their own purpose without asking for permission, etc. so i stopped uploading any more picts. felt violated.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
One of my fist RC's was a HPI rs4 mini....VW Golf haha. That thing handled the track like a beast. Now I'm more into the RC Crawler scene (axial scx10s and custom builds) as racing was getting too time consuming and expensive.

Yeah the 2 tone is fine. I just have 2 dogs that will eventually (after new car smell is gone) ride in the car. Know for the fact the beige would get dirty and we all know how notorious Honda cloth is as a dog hair magnet. So figure getting the dealer to include the leather upgrade was a way to make cleaning easier and getting the interior color I wanted haha.

Yeah I'm a ripe old 33...so Im starting to like simple rather than flashy. Then again....Type-R...hmmm.

As for the edge trim, you can see it in the pic below over the front fender. I understand its purpose...but feel it takes away from the "lines" of the car. Probably remove those and leave the ones on the door...or maybe not. I dunno haha. The calipers gotta go though, have to have them looked at anyways because whoever installed them for the dealer didn't check clearances and the rear covers were rubbing on the rim...so now theres a nice wear mark around the hub portion of the rim. Can't see it unless you're looking for it. Waiting to hear back from dealer.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
RS4 mini cool, i had one too and was friends with the folks at HPI when i lived in LA. they were very cool people and we spent some good time racing around the parking lot tracks on the weekends. good memories, good times. i spent a good time with the actual engineers that designed the RS4 series.

33 yrs old. early 30's was a good age. more than a decade ago for me but im not too old either. yah, those trim edges do come off pretty easily, they're just held on by some 3M mounting tape. i agree that they do disrupt the clean lines of the car.

that's a great looking car.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Great looking car! Looks great in white. The white really shows off the gloss black trim. As a DYI detailer, I highly appreciate painted trim. Unpainted plastic is a pain to keep looking good.

I also highly approve of the direction your going with everything. Tan isn't my thing, trim edge pieces don't look good on anything, and fake caliper covers are....well....fake.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
RS4 mini cool, i had one too and was friends with the folks at HPI when i lived in LA. they were very cool people and we spent some good time racing around the parking lot tracks on the weekends. good memories, good times. i spent a good time with the actual engineers that designed the RS4 series.

33 yrs old. early 30's was a good age. more than a decade ago for me but im not too old either. yah, those trim edges do come off pretty easily, they're just held on by some 3M mounting tape. i agree that they do disrupt the clean lines of the car.

that's a great looking car.
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Great looking car! Looks great in white. The white really shows off the gloss black trim. As a DYI detailer, I highly appreciate painted trim. Unpainted plastic is a pain to keep looking good.

I also highly approve of the direction your going with everything. Tan isn't my thing, trim edge pieces don't look good on anything, and fake caliper covers are....well....fake.
Sounds like I'm removing at least the fender liner edge trim soon. The door edge trim might stay, can hardly tell they are there in the 3/4 view like this. A direct side shot you sorta can tell they exist.

Sorry for the huge photos.

MGP Caliper covers...$230 for a set of (4). Yeash. See where they were rubbing the wheel? Screw driver pointing at it. All due to them not checking rear clearance after putting wheels back on. I moved the caliper a hair and its not rubbing anymore.

Sent the pics to the dealer and they are contacting their installer. Not sure why they didn't install these things...they are a pair of clips with locking nut and the cover...SO difficult. I would've removed them already but I want the dealer to remedy this issue first and not give them a reason to think I caused the problem.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- honestly those door edgeguards distort the clean lines of the side of the car. if it was my ride, i would remove it completely. i mean how often do you even hit the door against something? maybe in my lifetime i hit only a handful of times when the wind took the door or when the car was parked in a weird angle. good job on fixing the caliper cover clearance.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
i got my 19" OZ's, did a test fit and test drive, swapped back to factory wheels. the OZ's look great, but since they are dark graphite color against my white car it was such a played out look.. like every faking ric0r has this look. but then while i was taking snaps at a park, all sorts of folks young and older came by to compliment my ride. haha

my new OZ's are the HyperGT's this time... they are a new release by OZ with a new graphite metallic gloss finish called star graphite. wheels themselves are badarse with concave spokes, yet very elegant look. they are the HLT series like my other 2 OZ sets so light weight.

i borrowed my GTI's spacer sets and found that the wheels look good with 10mm on the rears so ordered a new pair and black bolts (Golfs use lug bolts). should complete the look when it's time to swap to these wheels.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Hyper GT should look nice!

*Looks at sig*
*Reads previous posts about getting older and wanting simplicity rather than flashy*
HEY!

Old 08-15-2017, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Hyper GT should look nice!

*Looks at sig*
*Reads previous posts about getting older and wanting simplicity rather than flashy*
HEY!
thanks! im happy with the purchase.

hahaha about the older and simplicity thing.. enjoy your S2K!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?