General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
kenchan, I understand not wanting your images stolen, but man...I'd sure like to see those pics!

I made a thread about our new Golf here...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/othe...ml#post1378383

Will try to keep it updated with info as the miles pile on it. Don't expect it to live up to the Fit's reliability, but hope it's better than the last VW I owned. I my experience they aren't 100,000+ zero cost cars, but we'll see.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
nice link, GAFIT! i like your GD and Lincoln too.

yah, there were people using my pictures on their DIY's with no credit to the kenchan. and it's not in the USA, fakers in UK stole my pictures and using them to make their DIY's with completely no disregard. GTFO!

im okay for people using my pictures for their personal use.. but using it for another purpose is just.. makes me mad.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, feel fee to talk about your Golf here too. im interested in hearing how things are going.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
I understand. Rat bastaaards! Ruined it for those of us that just like eye candy in the form of car pics.

Funny thing about the Lincoln is it ran a 12.87 in the quarter. Not even highly modded. Just a few key parts and boom...it takes a fairly serious ride to run it down. Trouble is getting anyone to believe you're serious when you start building boost next to them at a light.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Your s2k isn't what I consider "flashy" haha.

Yeah...may just have to remove all the edge guards.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
GAFIT- dang, sub-13's is good stuff. i dont know much about Lincolns, which car is that and how much does it weigh?

Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
GAFIT- dang, sub-13's is good stuff. i dont know much about Lincolns, which car is that and how much does it weigh?
It's a 2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost Premium. It is a mechanical clone to a 2013 Taurus SHO. Lincoln takes the SHO, makes it less attractive by adding big chrome wheels and more reserved body panels, adds weight by adding a panoramic roof, 14 speaker THX sound system, additional insulation, and TONS of features. We're talking dual xenon adaptive turning headlights, air conditioned seats, heated steering wheel, actual real leather, etc. You name it, it has it.

End result is a 4500 lb car that will still provide some surprises

Here's the really strange part. Somehow it handles OK. Like really OK. We live in the mountains (not far from Tail of the Dragon, Blood Mountain, Richard Russel, etc) and it truly holds it's own. To the point that my neighbor with a 2008 Civic Si coupe can't shake it.

You know from having the Golf R and STI what tons of power and AWD mechanical grip can do. It's not up to those levels, but 400whp, torque vectoring, and AWD do it's best to hide it's ridiculous weight. Just have to hold on to the wood rimmed steering wheel for your life while the kid in the child seat says "weeee."

Old 08-15-2017, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Your s2k isn't what I consider "flashy" haha.

Yeah...may just have to remove all the edge guards.
Heh, you & ken are too nice. It is pretty flashy in person haha. I like it though, so it is all well & good. I wouldn't change it for the world, I plan to keep it so long that I'm the old bald dude in a dumb kid's car.

Coworkers walked out of the building today while I was grabbing something & they're like, WILD FINS MAN. This was when I knew that exurban Wisconsin is not the place for this car :P

Originally Posted by GAFIT
It's a 2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost Premium. It is a mechanical clone to a 2013 Taurus SHO. Lincoln takes the SHO, makes it less attractive by adding big chrome wheels and more reserved body panels, adds weight by adding a panoramic roof, 14 speaker THX sound system, additional insulation, and TONS of features. We're talking dual xenon adaptive turning headlights, air conditioned seats, heated steering wheel, actual real leather, etc. You name it, it has it.
I like the MKS body panels. In general I like all the recent Lincolns, just want more premium interior stuffs. But even then, ain't mad.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I like the MKS body panels. In general I like all the recent Lincolns, just want more premium interior stuffs. But even then, ain't mad.
Check out the new Continental. It's the replacement for my car and it's interior does not disappoint.

400 hp keeps it interesting as well. It will be a poor seller (like all Lincolns) and won't get the press it deserves. I have my sights on a used one in a couple years. Let that $70k sticker get cut in half first.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
I love the Continental. Everything a luxury car should be IMO.

I'd take an RLX Sport Hybrid though.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
GAFIT- cool info on the MKS. that is some wild numbers and handling from a 4500lbs car! it's great that you have lots of variety between your cars. . i always liked having different flavors for different moods.

mike- wild fins huh? hahaha that S2K is going to be a classic so definitely hold onto it.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
back to the grind today.. oh well. at least i get to drive my GTI to work and back.

then moving the OZ's into the basement for a month or so of storage.
my R's side diffusers are still on track to be delivered this week.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah that s2k is cleanly done so no complaints here.

Loving the new continental. Very classy. Didnt realize Ford re-released the SHO?

As for me, I was scheduling getting Katzkin leather installed in the Civic and dont think the dealer realized what they got themselves into. Long story short one of the reasons I bought this specific car was the dealer was going to replace the beige/black interior to make it all black leather. I was looking specifically for the black interior but that was like finding a unicorn. This car I bought was on the lot for 2 weeks and they were desperate to get me in it, only complaint was interior color so they suggested the leather which I liked. We all know how the Honda cloth is a dog hair magnet so figured leather would be a good option. They quoted me for all black interior, but dont think they know/realize the plastic beige door panels are extra. So gonna play that game with the dealer....hooray...my due bill simply states "black leather interior upgrade" which can be interpreted as EVERYTHING beige needs to go black or....simply the cloth surfaces.

Sucks about pic stealers. I mean at least say something like "pic courtesy of ____". In the end though, at least your pics are helping someone on the interwebs? I'm peeved that photobucket basically said F-U to 3rd party hosting so ALL the hundreds of photos I've posted to help people on the various forums I'm been a part of are now broken. Not going to pay them their "ransom". Rant over.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
I think beige inserts could be nice.

But I really like beige.

Funny, this is one of about three threads I post in on FF. And its just a few of us long time members talking about everything but Fits. heh.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
I think beige inserts could be nice.

But I really like beige.

Funny, this is one of about three threads I post in on FF. And its just a few of us long time members talking about everything but Fits. heh.
I'd send you a pic via text....but still not sure if you've gotten a phone yet haha.

The beige is decent. I just like the all black better and I worry about denim transfer or stains showing up easily on the beige. I mean FFS I've had the car 6 days and I already saw a dirt mark on the beige.

Totally agree, unless I'm posting something "useful" like my coilover thread or in the what did you do to your GE today thread...I'm posting in this "BLOG" and we arent talking Fits at all haha.

This is the current interior (sorry for big ass photos). Im pointing at the beige plastic door panel and black cloth door handle. As well as the beige plastic headrest mount that they'd have to replace with the black one.

This is what the interior would end up like. Black with grey stitch and carbon detail inserts just like stock.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Funny enough, I have done an all black katzkin kit including door panels on a car for the exact reason we're talking about.

To give you an idea of how old my tastes (and chronological age) are, I bought a new Sentra specV in 2002. Those came with a hideous red/black interior similar to the new Type-R. Even back then, I was old enough to not like the boy racer look. In a Type-R, I might live with it, but not in a Sentra.

Through a vendor I purchased an entire black full leather kit with red stitching. That way it still tied into the red stitched steering wheel, shifter boot, etc. It's not a job for the faint. By the time I was done using the hog ring pliers and stretching the leather over all the seats, my hands were killing me! The door panels were probably the hardest part though. Getting the leather to tuck in and stay glued to the panels was a pain in the butt!

My next step with that car was converting the rest of the interior to black. I have an issue with cars that are one color below the belt line and a different color (usually taupe) above the belt line. It just shows a sign of cheapness. Auto manufactures only do it so they don't have to mold all of the pieces in multiple colors. One color headliner, pillar plastics, dome lights, visors, etc and they're done. Maybe it looks OK with the black, brown, gray, red etc interiors available and maybe it doesn't.

They usually go taupe which blends OK with everything except gray or red.

Our Golf is taupe above the belt line and black below. I'm not a fan, but the wife is OK with it. My Lincoln is all black and matches. Funny enough, cars from the '80's and '90's also matched. My old fox body is all black.

If anyone wants to see them, I have pics of the Sentra conversion to black. It's not an easy job. I can see why the dealer is trying to back out. They probably got a quote from their installer.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Thats good to know GAFIT. I think nowadays they dont allow you to DIY, at least thats what their website claims due to the complexities of side airbag sin the seat etc. If this was my 99 Civic Hatch I'd be all about it.

I agree about the door panels, its like the inserts you can get for the Fits. You have to remove the door panel...remove the cloth or prep the smooth plastic surface...apply adhesive...stretch material over and hope you get it right before the adhesive cures. pray you got the edges good enough to not lift.

Installer said door panels are $300 to do, which the dealer has to (they better) cover. I only bought this because I was promised a BLACK interior, not black seats with beige doors/headrest inserts ($40 for all 4 mounts in OEM black).

The dealer isn't trying to back out, I dont think they were aware about the door panels. The Civic sedans/coupes have CLOTH door panels (which is the car they have done before), vs the hatch which is plastic. The cloth is included in the base install/price, but since the hatch has plastic panels its extra. I'm waiting to hear back this morning.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Thats good to know GAFIT. I think nowadays they dont allow you to DIY, at least thats what their website claims due to the complexities of side airbag sin the seat etc. If this was my 99 Civic Hatch I'd be all about it.
They didn't allow it back then either. I had to buy the kit through an installer/vendor.

Good luck with everything! I love a black leather interior and would be wanting exactly the same thing you are shooting for. Hope it works out well.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I think even with just the black seats it'd look nice, but I 100% understand your desire to be thorough and get things exactly right.

Phone should be coming in this afternoon *crosses fingers*

Old 08-16-2017, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I think even with just the black seats it'd look nice, but I 100% understand your desire to be thorough and get things exactly right.

Phone should be coming in this afternoon *crosses fingers*
All black seats would look good but then there'd be (4) beige door panels throughout the whole car haha. Just gotta wait to see what the dealer ends up saying

What phone did you end up with?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?