General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
shinjari- yah thanks for your understanding on why i don't post picts no more.

okay the black interior does look nicer! i like black leather seats with some small inserts to give it contrast like my STI seats.. i also like all black leather seats like on my Golfs.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
If the door panels become an issue, maybe consider black leather with beige stitching to help tie it together?

Is there any other beige in the car?

Other option I could see is using vinyl dye on the plastic panels. Modern interior dyes are really impressive. As long as you prep with alcohol, use their primer, and then apply, they hold up for the lifetime of the panel.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I think beige inserts could be nice.

But I really like beige.

Funny, this is one of about three threads I post in on FF. And its just a few of us long time members talking about everything but Fits. heh.
yah i like cars and not a fanboy of any brand or any particular car, so i enjoy reading about all sorts of cars people like and work on.

i also like the fact that we can look at our fits 3rd person. we don't try to pretend the Fit is some car it is not... and finally, i like how we understand how car forums work.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
All black seats would look good but then there'd be (4) beige door panels throughout the whole car haha. Just gotta wait to see what the dealer ends up saying

What phone did you end up with?
I'm a beige apologist, don't mind me

The OnePlus 5. Shows as delivered to my house, going to play with it tonight

Originally Posted by kenchan
yah i like cars and not a fanboy of any brand or any particular car, so i enjoy reading about all sorts of cars people like and work on.

i also like the fact that we can look at our fits 3rd person. we don't try to pretend the Fit is some car it is not... and finally, i like how we understand how car forums work.
Agreed on all fronts.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
If the door panels become an issue, maybe consider black leather with beige stitching to help tie it together?

Is there any other beige in the car?

Other option I could see is using vinyl dye on the plastic panels. Modern interior dyes are really impressive. As long as you prep with alcohol, use their primer, and then apply, they hold up for the lifetime of the panel.
What you see in the pics I posted is ALL the beige, the seats and the large door panels. So if they make the seats all black even with a beige stitching, the only beige left will be the door panels. Think the minimal amount of beige at that point would stick out in a not so good way. Even the upholstry place was suggesting that I go that route since the door panels were $300 extra...but that $300 is not my problem, but the dealers lol.

-Mike410b congrats on the phone I heard good things about those onePlus models.

-Kenchan, yeah there should be a class on "how to: forum"

Old 08-16-2017, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
It was probably my lack of skills, but the dyed parts of my interior held up better than the door panel that was vinyl glued to plastic. That's an art form to get right!

Katzkin does not supply leather for that part which is too bad. I think it would stick better than the polyester backed vinyl.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm a beige apologist, don't mind me

The OnePlus 5. Shows as delivered to my house, going to play with it tonight

Agreed on all fronts.
you da man.

woooo~ the dual camera phone! is this the first of its kind?

What you see in the pics I posted is ALL the beige, the seats and the large door panels. So if they make the seats all black even with a beige stitching, the only beige left will be the door panels. Think the minimal amount of beige at that point would stick out in a not so good way. Even the upholstry place was suggesting that I go that route since the door panels were $300 extra...but that $300 is not my problem, but the dealers lol.

-Mike410b congrats on the phone I heard good things about those onePlus models.

-Kenchan, yeah there should be a class on "how to: forum"
yah, if you're going to make the seats black, the door inserts should be black too..

Lol'ed @ DIY how to forum

Originally Posted by GAFIT
It was probably my lack of skills, but the dyed parts of my interior held up better than the door panel that was vinyl glued to plastic. That's an art form to get right!

Katzkin does not supply leather for that part which is too bad. I think it would stick better than the polyester backed vinyl.
ive never done any stitching or dyed interior parts so can't speak on that front..

Old 08-16-2017, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
alright so i got home after a long fast day at work (watever dat means), found the 2 other factory wheel locks i was missing from the R's factory front wheels and replaced them with the regular lugs off my factory GTI wheels.

i dont use wheel locks on my hobby cars mainly because i dont park my cars anywhere and its a nuisance more than anything. packed it up with the key and placed in my parts bin.

had my kid help me carry the new OZ's down to the basement storage area. i always give him a generous tip so he's always willing to help. only thing i did was handed him the wheels from the garage and stacked them on my wheel dolly. didnt even break a sweat.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
so wat is on the menu today.. besides the daily grind, im tracking the R's side diffuser closely. should arrive either today or tomorrow which is perfect just before the weekend! going to clean up below the rockers later today and wipe down with alcohol in prep for the install.

besides this, i need to finish up the brush paint work on my RC bodies.. so i think i will start there when i get home tonight as i got my bottles of paint thinner yesterday.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
you da man.

woooo~ the dual camera phone! is this the first of its kind?
I think the new iPhone 7+ has one too?

I love it. The depth of field even in auto is quite impressive.

The bokeh on this picture is wild & it is in completely standard auto mode.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
that's cool. i tell yah, these phone cameras are so clear i don't even pull out my DSLR any more these days unless i'm taking picts at night.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah my LG V20 has dual lens with manual controls like shutter speed, iso, white balance etc. The 2nd lens is a wide angle instead of the iphone "telephoto" zoom lens. Not sure what the oneplus lens is.

Geez, Kenchan you made it easy for him...should've had him take them down 1 by 1 then when he finished tell him "man...I forgot I had this nifty dolly....next time"

GAFIT: Katzkin said they do the door panels all the time, its just not part of their "basic" install which only includes replacing anything thats cloth. They remove the panel, prep the surface so it has some to adhere to etc etc. You mention dying them...I wonder how a vinyl wrap would hold up? I mean best case I want it leather...but in the event the dealer is being a prick...maybe vinyl is a inexpensive option.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- lol! . i always kid with my kids so he's never 100% sure until i tell him i'm not kidding around. haha. we have a lot of fun at my place.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
woot! side diffusers arrived.

will do a test fit and install one side tonight. . can't wait to finish my car.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! Trying to schedule Tint, leather install (when they figure out what they are doing), and when i can do my stereo upgrade.

Need/want to remove front plate.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! Trying to schedule Tint, leather install (when they figure out what they are doing), and when i can do my stereo upgrade.

Need/want to remove front plate.
sounds like you got quite a bit already planned for your ride!

which stereo are u planning to swap to? no worries with the rear camera or are you going to install a new camera all together?

Old 08-17-2017, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
i'm still scratching my head if i should tint my R..

Old 08-17-2017, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
I need to schedule tint for our Golf. Wife keeps asking me if I've made the appointment. Trouble I'm having is finding anyone that uses quality material around me. Finally found one guy that will order 3M for me for close to double the cost. Probably go that route because it's the only sample I've gotten that is truly black instead of bluish/greenish/brownish.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
yah the llumar tint on my GTI was $500 installed. with clear bra and tip, paid $1000

Old 08-17-2017, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
on my STI i used llumar but the middle grade one with clear bra and came out to $700 or something.

on my R i did the clearbra install and no tint so far.. $170? lol

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?