General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Hey Kenchan which dysons do you have? We had an older dyson (nonball) animal and it has gone to vacuum heaven. So we are looking at their newer ones and they 1) have too many options and 2) dont have a freaking "compare" tool.

Leaning towards another upright "animal" version since they are stronger suction-wise and we have 2 dogs. May just goto Costco and get whatever one they have lol.

As for miata yeah I gotta allocate some time to dig deep into it...civic kinda distracted me from that haha.

Sounds like a good drive yesterday. I jynxed myself by washing all 3 cars and guess what the forecast is today? Yup...75%+ chance of heavy rain. Hooray!

Edit: just rechecked the weather...yesterday said 75%...now it says 30%...how meteorologists can get things wrong this frequently and still have a job is beyond me.
i have the bigarse ball and the smaller ball one. the big ball is frikken hillariously powerful. but it's big and clumsy on flooring so i use it on carpeting weekly and the smaller ball on flooring.

sorry to hear about rain.. that really sucks. wat i do is while the car is still wet from rain water, i use my metro blower and just blow the water off. since the car is clean usually it will get most of the grit off.

Amazon Amazon

thing is small yet powerful.

Originally Posted by mike410b
huh.. do they make any hand helds? i got a new filter in my pos black and decker and it seems to be pretty decent now.. the handheld dyson is probably going to be on my xmas list.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure about handhelds. I have a cheap Shark from before I was too interested in them.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Not sure about handhelds. I have a cheap Shark from before I was too interested in them.
hey i have a shark in the basement. it does fine for a cheap vacuum, but the thing was probably designed by a left-handed person, it is sooo clumsy to use for me (im right handed).

Old 09-03-2017, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
alright, got back from my am drive in my R... had a great time. thing is so relaxing to drive, yet so fast without trying it is comical just like its shape.

got home, cleaned the bugs off and swapped the wheels to my new Hyper-GT OZ's. kid was wanting to make $$ so i had him bring them up from the basement storage for tips. washed the factory BBS and letting them dry overnight before taking them down to storage tomorrow. showed the touchup i did and he was like 'where? ... oh that!' honestly most people wouldnt even notice the repair i did. but i know its curbed so it will be replaced! haha

Old 09-03-2017, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, those mouse hole markings i put on the side diffusers helped tremendously. i was able to aim the jack points real easily when i did the swap this am. and yes, im lazy so i just lift the entire side and do both front and rear wheel swaps at a time.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
bought black metallic, matte gunmetal, and graphite metallic plastic model paints yesterday. no, not for making plastic models, for just in case touch up paint for my wheels. lol

if its a small knick i just touch it up but curbage like yesterday... even one inch i consider the wheel destroyed unless on my wife's car.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah we ended up going with a Dyson Ball Animal+ from Costco. Was on sale and even though it has a 5 year warranty from Dyson it has that lifetime satisfaction warranty from Costco.

Well it rained...and is still raining. Will wipe down the civic at least when it stops.

I thought about the handheld for ease of use but figured I'd get one sided buff holding that thing haha. So far this new one is much better than the dyson it replaced. Time will tell.

Kenchan, what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
congrats on the ball! thing is amazing. dont get frustrated over flooring trying to turn the thing as it's just wasnt designed for it. no diff (differential) on the ball itself. lol you'll know wat i mean.

yah, that dyson handheld looks pretty awesome. i like that they have one specifically for cars so that you get the necessary adapters most suitable for that. i know the variations are just the tips/adapters it comes with but often generic handhelds are for home use and they dont do all that great in cars. (like my black and decker)

i work for a huge japanese trading company in business development and management. wat do you guys do?

Old 09-03-2017, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
so it's been about 5hrs since i swapped the wheels so going to go adjust the psi in the DWS06 pretty soon. while the tires were all pressured the same before storage about a month ago, they varied by about 0.3 to 1.2 psi right after the swap. mainly from the temp difference between the basement and garage. should be stabilized by now since away from sunlight.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
k adjusted the psi and sealed the wheels one last time with some Hydro. . will take her out for a spin tomorrow am.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Man...I so want pics! Can't handle having to visualize these new wheels!

Costco for the win! I have learned to just shop there first for most things. They are almost always a good value. $17 seat covers...check. New Keurig coffee maker...check. Just about anything there is at least acceptable price for the quality.

I'm a manufacture's rep for several furniture companies. Have the large Internet accounts so I work from home mostly. My car time is valued! Even if I'm laying under a car with transmission fluid pouring down my arm, it's a break from staring at a computer screen reading nonsense.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...170904041505:s

+1 on car time! i'm all about keeping my head away from work (and even family) while i'm out motoring my cars.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
oh craps woke up this am tired as hell..

now pulling out my R for a nice relaxing drive.
taking my torque wrench with me so that i can recheck lug torque along the way.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Cool cool. I'm a mechanical engineer for a government contractor. Mainly work with US Navy and their server racks. Keeps me busy, get to travel to a ship to trouble shoot from time to time. Super flexible schedule and basically work 10 hrs days so I get every friday off more or less.

Wiped down the Civic this morning...hope no more rain lol. Waiting for my door sill protectors to arrive from China. Tint friday. Maybe order window visors to complete the look. Gonna hold off on HIDs for a little while, Dyson was unexpected and set me back a little haha.

New Dyson kicked some serious butt yesterday...made me wonder wtf the old dyson was doing leaving all this crud in our rugs/carpet.

Have a fun and safe day everyone.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like an exciting job, shinjari. so when you travel to a ship, do you go on a chopper? dang.. id be shitting bricks as im not good with heights. i travel almost every week by plane but i basically made peace of handing my life to the pilots. lol

yah, those dysons are a chunk of change. car's brand new so i suppose just enjoy your purchase as-is for a little bit. not a bad thing to do.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
motored my R this am, took a few snaps and noticed my passenger side diffuser's VHB was coming off a hair... scratched my head and figured out there was a little gap between the diffuser and the rocker where the self tapping screw went in and was giving the tape tension.

cleaned up the hole in the diffuser and re-threaded the screw so that it only bit into the rocker piece and not the diffuser itself. fixed.

took a few fast turns on the DWS06 and it seems the outer skin with release lube has worn off. with 2psi higher setting than the contactsport p5 (factory) summer tires the DWS06 felt pretty close to the p5's to the point it didnt bother me. so im happy with the setting for now.

moved my factory BBS wheels into storage, hope to get the tracking number for the replacement sometime this week.

im still thinking whether to do the tint or not on my R.. with the darker wheels im running right now i know tinting the glass will make the car look a lot more complete.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
sounds like an exciting job, shinjari. so when you travel to a ship, do you go on a chopper? dang.. id be shitting bricks as im not good with heights. i travel almost every week by plane but i basically made peace of handing my life to the pilots. lol

yah, those dysons are a chunk of change. car's brand new so i suppose just enjoy your purchase as-is for a little bit. not a bad thing to do.
Nah its never that cool...the ship is typically docked at port. Most of the time its here in San Diego, but I've been sent to east coast, hawaii and others have been sent to Japan, Bahrain, Europe, Alaska just to name a few places. Just depends on what ship and if its related to your project.

Yeah just wanna get my Mugen style visors then I think I'm gonna try and figure out a way to get a discrete trailer hitch on this guy even with the center exhaust. Otherwise my Kuat bike rack will just sit and do nothing...or I can get a hitch for the miata haha.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
wow, you travel the world, very cool.

huh, if you cant mount the rack will you be able to sell it and perhaps get a roof rack? or just keep it until your next ride.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
started seeing some of those 18 fits with the black wheels.. definitely needs lowering and spacers, ideally id go with 17's (maybe even 18's) if black or dark color wheels on the GK. considering my Golfs are the same size car as the Fit and run 19's..

Old 09-04-2017, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
This weekend I disgusted my friend with the thought that I'd take a picture of my car with the trunk open.

His reaction proved me right.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?