General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
.. so i guess ktuner is like AP. how much power will u be able to net from the reflash?
or is this more like my STI's reflash to give the ecu a smoother and healthier AFR and a bump in torque?
Yeah the Ktuner lets you reflash the ECU for a "tune". Seems safe numbers people are getting are stock 180hp/180ftlb then reflashed to 215hp/260ftlb.

After that the clutch starts to slip easily. Gives you fullthrottle shifting, eliminate rev hang (which doesnt honestly bug me) and some other goodies like a touch screen display that shows realtime data, datalogging, lets you use your android phone as a dash cam, adds customizable LEDs which I intend to use for shift indicators.

This will happen "eventually"...glad to know I have the option now =)

Originally Posted by mike410b
Agreed.

A little envious of spare wheels & such. With what you've spent on this I could have a full set of spare wheels for the S2000

Eek. Glad he's okay.

KTuner sounds fun.

I'm burnt out on car stuff, just want to make house look nice, but gosh, cars are so much less expensive to play with.
Yeah tint tomorrow, my window visors arrive today...then hopefully just save up for house projects, Ktuner, Suspension/wheels and travel =)

Gotta add a water spigot to the back yard so I gotta crawl under the house to "tee" off one of the cold water lines...totally not excited to go in the crawl space...sure its about 3-4" tall so I can crouch in there...Im just worried about the potential black widow/spider den it probably is under there. Hate spiders and doesnt help to be in a claustrophobic area with a tiny window exit LOL.

As for my friend hes doing well. Most of the damage was suspension related. New strut, knuckle, hub etc. New fender/paint, bumper/paint, fog light. He said it was in paint this morning and he should have it back tomorrow. Sucky thing was he was trying to sell it so he could buy a Sprinter van to convert...not sure how having repair work done to it will affect his sale value now =/

Old 09-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sounds good, shinjari. yah, 260ft/lbs should get that civic going pretty quick.

as for the repair work, sell it immediately after the car comes back BEFORE carfax. i did that and got top dollar on my trade. car still smelled paint. lol

Old 09-07-2017, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
finally home..tired as hell again going wot all day at the office.. not that im complaining.

woot, got my tracking number for my replacement tire. on track to get this behind me in 2 days.

inquired a new tint shop for some pricing and they gave me a bonehead response.. guess im going to my usual guy. lol one of da few questions was if he could tint the tiny corner glass on the R which is a lot smaller and deeper than the Fits. he was like yes he can! although it is very difficult to do! (+with a smiley)..

im like wtf mang, my tint guy has no issue doing that glass. he did it while i was bs'ing with him at his shop when he did my GTI. we were cracking up so hard i nearly dropped my drink.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
huh, my little bottles of enamel arrived. black metallic, graphite metallic, and gunmetal. all for wheel touchup purposes.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
lol.. so the browny points i accumulated assembling my wife's furniture together has paid off.. she said she'll pay half for the one bbs and tire. haha WOOT!

so that leaves me with 450 i can put towards a new tumi bag.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday everyone.

ohhh so tired. this cant be good for my health. get up and i am immediately tired.
like by sunday night, im already ready for friday 5:30pm haha

today the wheel and tire is expected to arrive, so im looking forward to that.
im keeping an eye on the tire cause it's not showing up out-for-delivery just yet.

this week i bought a couple of sockets for my 1/4" drive and noticed im out of
rail space. so bought a cheep plastic one again to match the others i already have.
down the road i think i want those cool red aluminum rails for my sockets.
would be another one of those stocking stuffers for me..

family and buddies can be a hair intimidated because my car, music, and even my RC hobby
are kinda pricy.. so i intentionally keep these accessory things hanging in my future WTB so
that they can pick it up from my wish list knowing it's something cheap yet something i
want. win win for both.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
wooot! porch camera sent me pict that my wheel and tire arrived.

and pict of my wife taking them inside.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
got home, did a few chores, opened up my replacement wheel. so clean
checked the tire too, should be good to go for tomorow. wife's going to lend me her GK so heading to the tire store, then head out to lunch for some japanese with my wife.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
soooo faking glad the work week is over and i can finally relax. i was able to finish everything too so it was a super productive week.

now for a productive weekend.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
alright, on the menu today..

in a few min heading out in my GTI to get my hair done at my buddy's salon, then pulling out my STI for some motoring fun. then get the conti wrapped on the BBS, followed by lunch with wife, and run a few errands including homedepot in the GK this pm.

will be another full day. have a good saturday everyone!

Old 09-09-2017, 10:09 AM
alright, on the menu today..

in a few min heading out in my GTI to get my hair done at my buddy's salon, then pulling out my STI for some motoring fun. then get the conti wrapped on the BBS, followed by lunch with wife, and run a few errands including homedepot in the GK this pm.

will be another full day. have a good saturday everyone!
Have a good Saturday, ken...sounds like you have a full day planned!

Old 09-09-2017, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
thanks fitness! yah got done with the hair cut now heading out in my STI for a quick spin.

have a good one too!!

Old 09-09-2017, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
had a great time in the STI this am, kinda over did myself and grinded 2nd at WOT which im not sure wat happened cause it never did this in the past. might be the Golf-R's MT playing games in my head as the feel is so different between these two cars and ive been driving the R the last few weeks i probably needed to adjust to the STI driving style. haha anyway had a good time but that noise woke me up.

then went to my local tire store that has the same touchless mounter and balancer as tirerack and got my new tire mounted on the BBS. the store clerk was an older guy and knew wheels well, he could immediately tell it was a high quality wheel just by the lightness of the wheel vs its size. he put a huge remark for his team to HANDLE WITH SUPER CARE!!! on the work order. got the wheel back, zero scratch or mount mark. im super happy.

cleaned off the mount lube on the sidewall with some goof off, then used some Hydro to clean off the wheels. looks great. dressed the tire lightly, checked psi, and took into storage. real happy how this all turned out.

then headed to lunch with my pretty wife for some japanese and then hopped on over to homedepot to get more bits for her furniture on the way back. brought back four 8ft long trims which fit inside the GK no problem.

then ran my last errand in my GTI driving spiritedly through some backroads. that was actually pretty relaxing and fun. met up with a few buddies while picking up my kids and they were checking out my GTI complimenting how fast it looks.

overall a whole bunch of win today making my work week all worth it again.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
forgot to mention one more win.. got the $70 gift card from continental. woot! haha

Old 09-09-2017, 11:55 PM
forgot to mention one more win.. got the $70 gift card from continental. woot! haha
Yassssssssssssss!

Old 09-10-2017, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
yah, probably just going to become sushi and eat it. lol

Old 09-10-2017, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
alright woke up 2hrs late this am due to severe lazyarse syndrome and went out for a nice spin in my STI. was real nice out too at about 55-60F perfect driving weather..well for a grippy AWD car, i suppose. besides one loser old guy in a lincoln, everyone drove at a good pace so was a pleasant drive.

got home, QD'ed the STI, washed my GTI, and now doing car laundry and other laundry.
going to take the pm real easy unless my wife wants me to work on her furniture some more..

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 09-10-2017, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! Glad you got your wheel and tire mounted AND your $70 rebate.

I got my tint done Friday and installed my mugen "style" visors. Looks so sharp now. Needs a slight drop and some wheels/offset. That'll have to wait for a while...or so I keep telling myself. Maybe tax time haha.

Cluttering your "blog" with MY pics

Now its time to get a work out in and relax the rest of the day.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
looks good shinjari! is that 35% or 30%? the visors also give a nice accent to your ride.

to me your ride height looks fine.. basically as long as the arch radius follows the circumference of the tire in parallel it looks clean. so unless you dont like the ride or want wider wheels or something, id leave it.

as with my STI and R, i have no plans of lowering the car just for the sake of dressup. both cars the arch is parallel with the tire and looks very clean.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
looks good shinjari! is that 35% or 30%? the visors also give a nice accent to your ride.

to me your ride height looks fine.. basically as long as the arch radius follows the circumference of the tire in parallel it looks clean. so unless you dont like the ride or want wider wheels or something, id leave it.

as with my STI and R, i have no plans of lowering the car just for the sake of dressup. both cars the arch is parallel with the tire and looks very clean.
Neither...I ended up doing 20%. He had 35 but I saw it on a car and it was too light for me. My Fit had tint when I bought it and the owner didnt remember what % but it was perfect. After seeing 20% on and in a car they had there I knew it was what I wanted. Tough to show how clear they are when looking thru the windows or at least very difficult to get a picture of it. In the sunlight you can see easily in from the outside. In overcast/night...it looks solid black lol. Its the same shade I got on my GFs car 8 years ago and shes never had issues *knock on wood* and I've had tint on my cars since I started driving.

Yeah I agree with your circumference to wheel arch logic. It appears uniform. I dont want anything drastic...just an inch which an eibach pro-kit would provide. Not sure I need to go Coilovers like I did on the Fit. The civic ride is just so balanced between comfort and sportiness...at least for me. Eventually I'll get some wheels and maybe it'll look funny without a drop.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?