General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
holy faking hell, this am nearly collided with a riced out cheesy looking 370z on the expressway. faker gunned his weak NA V6 and swirved into the lane from behind while i was changing lanes normally to pass a car. if it wasn't for my quick reflex and the GTI's super braking power that ricor would've been toast.

i faking hate 370z now. i'm so glad i sold mine this summer. i don't want anything associated with them fakers.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Oh geez. Glad you're ok. Good reflexes and a good car.

I say the same about people on crotch rockets...make us responsible drivers/riders look bad.

I took a look at that site you sent. Decent prices. Just not sure I'm cool enough to do the complex curves the civic has. I mean...look at this compared to a GTI.

Civic

Gti

Update: Got quotes for full bumper/grille/headlights and partial bumper for 3M, Xpel or Suntek ranging from 750-995. Then if I wanted full hood/fenders it went to 1100, 1600, 1650, 1850, 2000.

Concern with partial is seeing the seam on the hood. And 5+ years from now when I replace it...even with regular detailing...worry the protected area will look "newer" than the exposed areas. Thoughts?

Monday is almost done! Drive safe everyone.

Last edited by shinjari; 09-18-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
yah, the tolerance we must have for stupid.

anyway, i wouldnt spend any more than 400-500 to do clearbra on a car that's not using custom paints. reason is as i mentioned, this is a wear item. expect to have to replace it in a couple of years if you're picky. otherwise repaint will be cheaper. as for the seams.. yes it is a compromise unless you do a full hood cover. most clearbra shops can do full hood coverage as they will use rolls instead of pre-cuts.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
i have partial bra on the hood and front of fenders on my GTI which my tint guy made on this own. i can't really see the seams from a few feet away and even when i can, how he cut the bra especially around the front of the fenders is very fluid in a way it doesnt bother me at all.

seeing that, i was going to have him do my R too, but then he was totally booked for like 3weeks so i just did the front bumper install using pre-cut and a custom bra for the very bottom portion of the front bumper where the pre-cut kit only did partial coverage. im real happy how it turned out.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, the tolerance we must have for stupid.

anyway, i wouldnt spend any more than 400-500 to do clearbra on a car that's not using custom paints. reason is as i mentioned, this is a wear item. expect to have to replace it in a couple of years if you're picky. otherwise repaint will be cheaper. as for the seams.. yes it is a compromise unless you do a full hood cover. most clearbra shops can do full hood coverage as they will use rolls instead of pre-cuts.
Well 750 seems reasonable in my area haha.

My concern is discoloration...especially being noticable on white. That should be covered by warranty and warranty is only honored if a certified installer does it.

I'm gonna give it some thought. I like how pristine my front end is right now and would like to keep it that way. Not sure I can get a quality respray of bumper/hood/fenders for under $750. A lot of this comes from having a GE fit that was riddled with rock chips and gritting my teeth every time I washed it.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
i suppose if you drive 5 sec behind the car in front of you, you could prevent a lot of the rock chips. in my area it's really the salt rocks that damage the front end in the winter time. that and loose gravel from the constant beating of salt on the pavement.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. motoring to work in my GTI and back. looking forward to a nice relaxing drive today.

yesterday i realized my counterparts overseas were on holiday so my work load was 'just right'. was able to catch up on a lot of things and even had time for a quick break checking out some of the travel areas i need to go for biz later on.

im sure ill get the backlash today..

tonight just taking it real easy and maybe watch some TV. im so happy my cars are finished.. nothing to worry or think about.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Little green with envy over being happy with car scenario.

Local VW dealership has a brand new GLI, fully loaded with Fender stereo & the like (But 6MT) listed at 23k, sticker is 31k.

Do want.

Should not.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
i suppose if you drive 5 sec behind the car in front of you, you could prevent a lot of the rock chips. in my area it's really the salt rocks that damage the front end in the winter time. that and loose gravel from the constant beating of salt on the pavement.
on the menu today.. motoring to work in my GTI and back. looking forward to a nice relaxing drive today.

tonight just taking it real easy and maybe watch some TV. im so happy my cars are finished.. nothing to worry or think about.
Yeah no salt/gravel roads here in SoCal. The Fit lived in a rural area in central Cali so they have sand storms and what not so thats what happened with the GE.

Also...are cars truly ever "finished"?

Originally Posted by mike410b
Little green with envy over being happy with car scenario.

Local VW dealership has a brand new GLI, fully loaded with Fender stereo & the like (But 6MT) listed at 23k, sticker is 31k.

Do want.

Should not.
Hey thats an instant 8k "savings"...talk them down to under 20k

Read the forecast...thursday potential rain

Old 09-19-2017, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
mike- that's a super deal!

shinjari- yah you might be okay without clearbra. i mean just keep a good distance i guess. for me, even so i still got rock chips so clear bra is a must.

yah unless something needs repair or maintenance my cars are done.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Well indulge us and post some pics of these finished cars =)

Still on fence about PPF since conditions here are different...but still leaning towards it.

Just like on the fence about semi-gloss black, mag blue or bronze wheels for my white car. Like the storm trooper/panda theme...but bronze on a white car is always so clean.

Last edited by shinjari; 09-19-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
maybe try photoshop and see which color best suits you..?

i too think black wheels on a white car is over played.. my OZ's are these sparkling graphite color which has a lot of pop so i'm glad i went with them to add variety to my stock wheels which are like a shade gray vs regular factory wheel color and hyper silver finish.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
it's funny seeing this riced out current gen STI on my way home every day cause it use to look sweet in factory form and a simple front splitter like my ride. the guy kept adding more and more pieces and now it looks like a faking rice mobile.. lol

stop tinkering with it! call it finished!! like. haha

Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
pretty soon it will look like a civic typeR..lol

Old 09-19-2017, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
pretty soon it will look like a civic typeR..lol
Nothing Wrong with the Type-R!

Granted it is a little...extreme...for most.

Well got a couple more quotes for PPF. Suntek 5yr/10yr partial for 750 and 850 respectively. Or xpel partial hood for 700...full front end for 900.

I have learned that the GE seems to have a little bit more shoulder room in the back for 3 grown adults lol. Its what my coworkers get for asking me to drive...Im comfy up in the front haha. They did seem less smooshed in the GE vs the FK.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
yah, do the clearbra real soon before you get any rock chips if u are even thinking about doing it cause you'll regret having a chip UNDER the bra.. yah, tell ur fat coworkers to go lose some weight.

my work has several cars we can use at all times so we use that when heading out to lunch. its very convenient. no need to lose my nice parking spot.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Haha yeah parking is a premium here so we try to take as few cars as possible.

As for clearbra, I emailed 3m, suntek and xpel just to ensure the shops Im calling are certified. Just to avoid any warranty claim problems in the future. figure if I get 5 years out of it, I'm due for a new one and the products will be better at that time anyways. Or try to get a warranty claim for something nit-picky lol.

2 days down....3 to go.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
GL on the clearbra install!!

on the menu today.. frikken busy am, done with 2 meetings for the day now prepping for tomorrow's meeting.

have a good wednesday everyone!!

Old 09-21-2017, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
errrr.. woke up to upset stomach. not sure if i ate something bad or just tired.. or both. regardless need to muscle through two meetings today and bail.

been ready for the weekend since sunday night.. hope today goes by real quick.
have a good thursday everyone!

Old 09-21-2017, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Finally past halfway through the week.

Made some tofu yellow turkey last night.

Ate so much. Felt terrible then, feel great now. Will enjoy again for lunch.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?