General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
errrr.. woke up to upset stomach. not sure if i ate something bad or just tired.. or both. regardless need to muscle through two meetings today and bail.

been ready for the weekend since sunday night.. hope today goes by real quick.
have a good thursday everyone!
Originally Posted by mike410b
Finally past halfway through the week.

Made some tofu yellow turkey last night.

Ate so much. Felt terrible then, feel great now. Will enjoy again for lunch.
Hope you two feel better! Nothing like the bubble guts to ruin your day.

One of my favorite sayings

So
Happy
Its
Thursday

Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
lol! thanks shinjari.

i just need to make it through today and i'm pretty much done for the week and a 3 day weekend!!

Old 09-21-2017, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the well wishes haha

In Fitfreak.net related news, considering going back to college which would mean keeping my Fit. If that happens I'll need summer wheels to mount all-seasons on, so the snows can stay on my OEM wheels, will need to replace shocks (thing has gotten super bouncy recently) and will do coilpacks/plugs/valve adjustment/fluids.

My one issue: Is there any way under the sun for the seats not to suck? I feel like I'm going to end up with one of those NYC taxi wood bead seat covers.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Oh back to college? What degree/program?

Konis/swifts!

As for seats...I really only experienced they didn't provide very good leg (under the thigh) or lumbar support. Not sure how you can bolster/beef up the seat.

I'm only 5'11" and felt that the seat was never supporting my thighs. If I moved the seat further back to stretch the legs out...then I felt like I was a mile from the steering wheel even with the telescoping option.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
back to school, huh? wat are u going to study, mike?

oh shittlola i am so faking tired since i've not eaten anything today. think i'm going to get a drink in a bit cause i feel dehydrated.

need to tuff it out 6 more hours till relax

Old 09-21-2017, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
oh shitola i feel like a faking balloon.

gasx to the rescue!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Oh back to college? What degree/program?

Konis/swifts!

As for seats...I really only experienced they didn't provide very good leg (under the thigh) or lumbar support. Not sure how you can bolster/beef up the seat.

I'm only 5'11" and felt that the seat was never supporting my thighs. If I moved the seat further back to stretch the legs out...then I felt like I was a mile from the steering wheel even with the telescoping option.
back to school, huh? wat are u going to study, mike?

oh shittlola i am so faking tired since i've not eaten anything today. think i'm going to get a drink in a bit cause i feel dehydrated.

need to tuff it out 6 more hours till relax
I've already got a BS in Political Science, I'm thinking Masters in Urban Planning or Masters in both Urban Planning & Architecture (would be one more year, but two degrees).

Koni Swift would be solid, but Tire Rack has Koni/Eibach for a nice price!

Wait, does Fit steering wheel have telescope? My arms are always stretched out, which I hate, but my main issue is my lower back. I'm dead after 15 minutes in the sat.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I've already got a BS in Political Science, I'm thinking Masters in Urban Planning or Masters in both Urban Planning & Architecture (would be one more year, but two degrees).

Koni Swift would be solid, but Tire Rack has Koni/Eibach for a nice price!

Wait, does Fit steering wheel have telescope? My arms are always stretched out, which I hate, but my main issue is my lower back. I'm dead after 15 minutes in the sat.
I liked my eibachs when Ive had them.

Ah poli Sci major. My best friend was a Poli Sci major then he went to law school and is now a lawyer. Urban Planning and Architecture sounds more up my alley than Lawyer-ing.

As for telescope...Yes I had it in my 2013. Here is the excerpt from the 2009 AND 2013 service manual. Both mention telescoping.

Regarding lower back all I could suggest is getting one of those lumbar support pillows. The GE was definitely lacking in that department.

Happy Friday everyone! I just bought some 15mm wheel spacers to kick out my wheels a little. Should give a better look than the sunken wheel look I currently have until I can buy some "real" wheels. Member on my civicx forum bought wheels and was selling the spacers for a steal. Planning to invest in a portable popup Canopy shade tent thingie to help me with detailing. I typically have to wash car super early to avoid the sun in my driveway. Heaven forbid i want to do a full detail...gotta ensure its a cloudy day. With a popup I can cover most of the car or at least the portion Im working on.

What wax/sealant do you guys use? I was going to pick up some more Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax, but was considering trying this CarGuys liquid wax/sealant I found on amazon. Mainly due to its hydrophobic and sealing claims. Says it last 6-12 months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FTT92HS/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14AEVHLCWPZQ5 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FTT92HS/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14AEVHLCWPZQ5

Old 09-22-2017, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
I liked my eibachs when Ive had them.

Ah poli Sci major. My best friend was a Poli Sci major then he went to law school and is now a lawyer. Urban Planning and Architecture sounds more up my alley than Lawyer-ing.

As for telescope...Yes I had it in my 2013. Here is the excerpt from the 2009 AND 2013 service manual. Both mention telescoping.

Regarding lower back all I could suggest is getting one of those lumbar support pillows. The GE was definitely lacking in that department.

Happy Friday everyone! I just bought some 15mm wheel spacers to kick out my wheels a little. Should give a better look than the sunken wheel look I currently have until I can buy some "real" wheels. Member on my civicx forum bought wheels and was selling the spacers for a steal. Planning to invest in a portable popup Canopy shade tent thingie to help me with detailing. I typically have to wash car super early to avoid the sun in my driveway. Heaven forbid i want to do a full detail...gotta ensure its a cloudy day. With a popup I can cover most of the car or at least the portion Im working on.

What wax/sealant do you guys use? I was going to pick up some more Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax, but was considering trying this CarGuys liquid wax/sealant I found on amazon. Mainly due to its hydrophobic and sealing claims. Says it last 6-12 months.
Just went out to my car.

HOLY CRAP YOU RIGHT. GAME CHANGER.

Law school was my initial plan, my grandpa talked me out of it my junior year of undergrad. I trust him on that one, he is a professor at a law school, among many other titles. Might end up just doing urban planning, could knock out a masters in two years & almost zero debt.

I use Menzerna Power Lock Sealant, I'm a fan. Affordable & durable-ish.

Since I'm keeping the Fit I'm probably going to pick up some Weds SA10R in 16x6.5 +48.

Near OEM sizing, affordable & no knock-off wheel moral quandary.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Glad I could help haha.

Those look very much like the Work Emotion CR Kiwamis

Work Kiwami Wheel - 16x6.5 / 4x100 / Offset +42 | Evasive Motorsports

Old 09-22-2017, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
lol'ed @ GAME CHANGER!

mang i didn't learn anything at college. just party and met my wife.
just got my BA and bailed. i luv working and studying for work but not studying for grades.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
alright got home past 1am was back in the office before 7:30a.

faking tired as hell but getting ready for the weekend.
rental car place gave me a kia forte and it wasn't as shitty as expected through the canyons i had to drive through in the west coast for biz. but when i got in my GTI this am.. not a comparable huge contrast. so so~~~~ nice.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
sometimes good to drive shitty cars like a kia to understand wat you're taking for granted.

can't wait to go home and just relax. menu for this pm, finish up a report and bail! watch tv and maybe stream a movie.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
alright got home past 1am was back in the office before 7:30a.

faking tired as hell but getting ready for the weekend.
rental car place gave me a kia forte and it wasn't as shitty as expected through the canyons i had to drive through in the west coast for biz. but when i got in my GTI this am.. not a comparable huge contrast. so so~~~~ nice.
sometimes good to drive shitty cars like a kia to understand wat you're taking for granted.

can't wait to go home and just relax. menu for this pm, finish up a report and bail! watch tv and maybe stream a movie.
Dang! You're working hours like you're still in college...study until 1-2am...then wake up for 8am class haha.

Where on the West Coast were you?

Old 09-22-2017, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
yah, but i'm like 25 yrs older now so my body does not recover like them younger folks. lol

i was in silicone valley.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Glad I could help haha.

Those look very much like the Work Emotion CR Kiwamis

Work Kiwami Wheel - 16x6.5 / 4x100 / Offset +42 | Evasive Motorsports
The Weds are cheaper though

Seriously thank you so much. I had NO IDEA. I've never been more embarrassed about a car related thing, I've owned the dang thing three years, 40k miles & been on here for almost a decade at this point (April 2008 IIRC)

lol'ed @ GAME CHANGER!

mang i didn't learn anything at college. just party and met my wife.
just got my BA and bailed. i luv working and studying for work but not studying for grades.
I learned a lot. My whole outlook on the world changed. Wouldn't mind it happening again.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
sounds great mike, GL in school!

i think the next time i go to college is when my kids go and i just help them move. lol

Old 09-23-2017, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
alright, now officially in 3 day weekend!

on the menu today, pulling out my STI and going motoring for a nice drive.
most of day just relax and late pm going to help wife put together the last few pieces of her furniture. then it is done! well sort of.. still need to get rid of the old dresser and such..

Old 09-23-2017, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Dang 3 day weekend!

I should try to relax...but always feel theres something to do. Gonna try nd clean up around the house/yard/garage. Maybe try and fix this stupid driver front visor that STILL touches my damn window (although MUCH less). Probably just take a heat gun (aka hair dryer) to it and slowly flex it away from the window.

Brought up the clear bra to the "boss" and not being a car person...she was not exactly "pro" for me spending that kind of money on "some plastic cover" when we could travel somewhere with the $$$. SO now im on the fence...darn "happy wife happy life" nonsense lol.

Hopefully take the Cbr600rr out tomorrow...its been too long.

Have a safe drive.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
yah, shinjari you are jelly! hahaha!!

had a great drive, STI is so fun drive it's great. pretty hot here today in the midwest.. mid-80F's even before 10am. didnt feel too much heat soak so that was good. got gas on the way back. spot QD'ed the front end to rid bugs only as im going to be pulling it out again tomorrow am. Will fully clean tomorrow after the drive and pull out my R on Monday during geezer hour.

did a few chores like polishing my dress shoes and ironing my sports coat... yawwwnnn!! but nothing like freshly polished shoes.

yah, i dont think a non-car person would understand clearbra.. most folks only care to spend a tad bit of money on their cars if it was for convenience... like phone holders and such. my wife could careless about her GK's front end.. she'll just tell me i can have the cash and spend it on my car instead. haha that's my wife.

woo~ you got a bike too, huh? very cool. actually i saw a guy riding his CBR this am.. they sound SOO~ GOOD!!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?