General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i made sure to leave some space for a snack i want to munch on while watching tv later.

going to adjust psi on my STI in a bit.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
What time zone are you in? Always curious when "talking" to others on line. 8:25 PM here in GA.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Oh...bigger news for me is I may have tracked down a VERY leftover new turbo kit for our GD. I'm waiting to hear back from the Australian seller.

We may be the only people left that actually like our little GD Fit. Maybe I wouldn't like it without other cars in the family, but I like it for what it is. Hoping it can someday be a second boosted car in the garage. The one next to it has been making a lot of fun of it through the years. You know how those Domestic's can get. Darn thing is really cocky with it's 532 whp. Hoping the Fit will someday at least be able to have enough power to motor out of an uphill corner. LOL

Old 09-27-2017, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
nice on the GD turbo's. i remember members here use to have them. turbo's the only way ill roll.. they are so easy to increase power.

im in central time.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
soooo tired today.. at least i only encountered one dummy on the way to work. which is starting off on a positive note.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
motored my GTI through some pretty bad congestion today. enjoyed the great sounding stereo and just cruised the rest of the way home.

when i got home i saw that my arm rest extension for my STI had arrived.. and my second wera ratchet driver. installed the STI armrest extension on my ride testing out my new ratchet driver both turned out great.

i was never an armrest guy on MT cars but since my R, which along with my GTI has the prefect position armrest, i kinda started appreciating good arm rests.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
too tired to do any more installs today, will do the diverter valve tomorrow on my R.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
i hate these dumb vblogs where the person posts info about some technical item we want to see, yet he forces us to watch his whole faking day of bs getting coffee and shittt before going into the tech stuff we want to see. i mean we can fast forward through that, but just a pita.

we dont give a shittt about u and ur life, just give us the tech! ..kinda haha

Old 09-29-2017, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
wtf, starting off the day with computer problems at work.

damn i faking hate windows!! i don't have time for this BS

Old 09-29-2017, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Windows isn't THAT bad...

And noticed this last night when walking around my car and admirning my HIDs...a flippin' finger print on the projector housing on the INSIDE of the headlight.

Last edited by shinjari; 09-29-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
now that is yet another WTF moment, shinjari!!

Old 09-29-2017, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
You have forensic evidence! Time to fly to the UK and start fingerprinting the line workers to find out who printed on your headlight.

Surprised that passed QC.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
well if it was made in UK, not surprised..

Old 09-29-2017, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Lol yeah...not sure what to do about it.

It isnt affecting light output so thats a plus. However my detail oriented nature is really annoyed due to it...BUT i also dont want the dealer taking anything apart on the front end after hearing people having issues with flush fitment when removing and reinstalling headlights/grill/bumper.

So I may just deal with it...maybe it just means I should do a proper HID retrofit haha.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
sound like shinjari's going to be baking a headlight in the kitchen oven this weekend to open it up.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
>< but i dont wanna take it apart unless Im doing a retrofit lol. I'm still in the first stages of rage/anger about it....time will let me forget about it haha.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
yah, it's kinda like when i found a dead spider in my brand new legacy at one point.. took it to the dealer and they faking removed the headlight without taking the bumper off which is a HUGE NONO and made all sorts of pry marks on the bumper. i was soooo pissed at them i never bought another subaru from them.

i called the dealer after seeing that (was raining when i picked up the car so didn't see the dents) and they said that it wasn't them that made the marks, it was like that and my fault that i drove off the lot without checking.. LOL so much bullshittt from this subaru dealer.

long story short, they were such a scam i think they got sued and went out of business. new owner, new management.. still dont buy subaru's from them. haha place just brings back bad memories.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
alright, did some house chores and headed into the garage to do the DV install on my R.

finished the job, but so tired afterwork my concentration was all over the place. dropped a screw not once but twice into the engine bay. lol wtf.. no issue though, magnet tool to the rescue.

the DV was suppose to have clearance with the intake manifold but with the big intake tube im running, no clearance. i mean it fit and some rubbing is no issue, but still, where's the clearance i was promised... lol thing costs more than 2x the one that's on my GTI..

will take her out for a test drive tomorrow am.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
k on the menu today.. going to do some minor adjustments on the R's intake coupler hose clamps, then head out for a nice relaxing drive.

then do some fun shopping and a few errands and lunch with the wife.. pretty much it for today.. then relax watch some tv.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 09-30-2017, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
motored my R this am, had a great drive. soooo~ smooth i luv the car. perfect for a tired middle aged guy like me i suppose.. lol the new DV seems to be a good match for the boost level i have, no hesitation, no cel. very smooth partial and wot. very happy.

saw a new vette and a new camaro SS during the drive. i think the camaro looks better.. both cars look modern, the vette driver was classy driving spiritedly but legal, the camaro.. so immature and faking stupid.

i try to stay far away from cars like a camaro as they tend to provoke themselves to show off whoz boss in front of sport compacts. ive seen too many YT vids where the mofo mashes the gas and crashes into cars next to them (not in front of them haha) taking down innocent people who was just driving to get somewhere. some other cars were going at it.

got home, spot cleaned the bugs off the R. will motor her again tomorrow am.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?