General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
shinjari - sound like your project is coming a long! cleaning the comm and brushes sounds like my RC car maintenance 20 yrs ago haha

Old 10-10-2017, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
shinjari - sound like your project is coming a long! cleaning the comm and brushes sounds like my RC car maintenance 20 yrs ago haha
Exactly! Hated it then...and hate it now lol.

My RC crawlers (Axial Scx10 and wraith based) still used brushed motors until last year. Brushed motors simply still provide insane low speed control. Granted outrunner and inrunner sensored brushless motors have gotta REAL close so I've since swapped to brushless motors. More run time and power when I want it. Running Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro brushless motors 3300kv up to 4600kv on 3s. The 3300s will handle 4s.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
yah i completely agree on the variable speeds for brushed motors at lower speeds. my basement track is tiny so on cars that only drive soso good (yet i keep due of its cool factor) i still run brushed motors.

i run these ThunderPower brushless on my better cars and it is quite similar to brushed motor performance.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
alright, my work day is now finally over.. went to the airport at the crack of dawn, meeting got rescheduled while i was already at the gate waiting to board the plane, grabbed a shuttle back to the office to work all day, had my wife pick me up at the office, drove the GK through rush hour traffic getting dissed by cars left and right cause the GK is so slow, got super annoyed by the stupid wipers on the GK cause it doesnt have intermittent wiper speeds (or the auto sensing wipers as my GTI/R)..lol grabbed a sammich on the way home, jumped on a international conf-call for 1.5hrs.. and now i am free.

now time to grab my hagdaz green tea ice cream and relax.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Back from the business trip. If you've got to spend 5 hours on the highway, 3 hours in a sales meeting, and then another 5 hours on the highway, it's hard to beat a Lincoln! Got 26mpg which can certainly be beat by almost anything, but not bad for a 4500 lb land yacht rolling on 20's at high speeds.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
my STI does about that too.. granted i drive the car hard at times but get about 22-23mpg after my weekend drives in light traffic so can probably hit 25-26mpg if mostly hwy..

Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
k, on the menu today, due to last second schedule change yesterday i will be motoring my GTI to work and enjoy the commute i guess.

i have a confcall again top of the am and much to grind rest of day..

have a good wednesday everyone! half way there.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
i am soooooooo~~ tired today.. work drained me completely. got home from work, did a few chores.

need some mexican food. bigarse burrito would be so nice right about now.. haha

Old 10-11-2017, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
Right there with you! Asleep at 1 and back up at 6 has me dragging. Sucks getting old.

Have pizza for dinner, but a big burrito does sound mighty good!

Been looking around the interweb for 2.25" (60mm) exhaust options for the GD. Looks like Megan may be the only one still available. I so would have stocked up on all the cool stuff earlier if I would have foreseen the future.

No tracking yet from the Australian seller. I will sleep better when I get that. Still may get a box of rocks, but I'd feel better in between.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
yah, dat sounds dragging.. i usually go to bed before 11pm and up by 5am so any time im up past dat i will feel it the next day.
but last night i went to bed before 11pm.. so i should be okay but work just drained the hell out of me.

delivery pizza sounds good too.. been calling out my wife to get me a burrito. lol i think i need to go pick it up myself.

hope u get that tracking #. always hate slow sellers.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
I will probably be wheel shopping for several months, but curious what you guys think of this option...

OZ Racing Alleggerita in 16x7 +42. 14 lbs each. $299 each at TireRack.

Haven't ruled out RPF1's in 16x7 +43. 13.7 lbs each. $211 each at TireRack (plus hubcaps for shinjari and I)

I prefer the upscale look of the OZ's, but the price and weight of the Enkei's are hard to beat. I see this ending with me taking enough shots to order the CE28's that I really want.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
I will probably be wheel shopping for several months, but curious what you guys think of this option...

Haven't ruled out RPF1's in 16x7 +43. 13.7 lbs each. $211 each at TireRack (plus hubcaps for shinjari and I)

I prefer the upscale look of the OZ's, but the price and weight of the Enkei's are hard to beat. I see this ending with me taking enough shots to order the CE28's that I really want.

i run those OZ's as winter set on my GTI. they are super light weight and good quality. i have the matte graphite color which for some reason costs more than the others..

Old 10-11-2017, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
actually my avatar runs those wheels. if u can see..

Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
ohhhhh wife got me super burritos! sooooo good!
kid got beef tacos wife got chicken tacos.

now going to watch tv and relax rest of the evening.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member

I know you're looking at 16s BUT... If you don't mine running 15s you might be interested in these.

Advanti Racing Storm S1 15x7, NEW COLOR Hyper Silver, Just 10 Pounds! for Miata, 15x7

I have these in 15x7 and 15x9. The 7s are 10.8 lbs (.2 lbs heavier due to this paint color LOL) and 9s are 12.6 lbs.

https://tires.tirerack.com/tires/Advanti%20Storm%20S1

Old 10-11-2017, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Man! I really appreciate the suggestion! I'm ok with the idea of 15x7's. Especially at that weight and price. My problem is I'm looking for at minimum a +42. Prefer a~+45.

I am currently on a +40 16x7 and they rub on the outside edge. Haven't even lowered the car yet and that's coming next.

Want a high positive offset wheel to bring them inboard so I can drop the car and not rub.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Man! I really appreciate the suggestion! I'm ok with the idea of 15x7's. Especially at that weight and price. My problem is I'm looking for at minimum a +42. Prefer a~+45.

I am currently on a +40 16x7 and they rub on the outside edge. Haven't even lowered the car yet and that's coming next.

Want a high positive offset wheel to bring them inboard so I can drop the car and not rub.
How much camber are you running? Also, what do you plan on lowering with as well as what is the spring rates?

Shooting for at least -2 degrees of camber front and rear should help greatly. Camber bolts up front easily hit that mark and then some (-2.5 to around -3 degrees), rears will have to be shimmed of course.

Regarding other 15x7 options with a higher offset, TR Motorsport C1s (NOT the C1M) are +42mm offset aren't too bad in terms of clearing. Some people hit, some miss. People tend to shave down the rear bumper's mounting tab and screw the bumper down in another location to clear... Most common thing to do with rear tire rub. The fronts don't care as much, tuck the fender liners and go.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ohhhhh wife got me super burritos! sooooo good!
kid got beef tacos wife got chicken tacos.

now going to watch tv and relax rest of the evening.
Burritos sound really, really good right now.

BUT... I'm dieting and trying to get back into shape so none for me.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
hootie- hey there! yah i could feel weight getting on my belly while eating. haha

that's a good looking wheel you posted. kinda looks like my OZ HyperGT i recently got for my R.
they even have matte gray!

Old 10-12-2017, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
How much camber are you running? Also, what do you plan on lowering with as well as what is the spring rates?

Shooting for at least -2 degrees of camber front and rear should help greatly. Camber bolts up front easily hit that mark and then some (-2.5 to around -3 degrees), rears will have to be shimmed of course.

Regarding other 15x7 options with a higher offset, TR Motorsport C1s (NOT the C1M) are +42mm offset aren't too bad in terms of clearing. Some people hit, some miss. People tend to shave down the rear bumper's mounting tab and screw the bumper down in another location to clear... Most common thing to do with rear tire rub. The fronts don't care as much, tuck the fender liners and go.
Running with stock alignment settings right now. Up until a month or so ago the car was strictly a commuter with a few added features (progress rsb, mugen shifter, HPP axle back, etc). It's now retired from commuter duty.

I'm setting up the car strictly for street fun. We live in the mountains and just maintaining the 55mph speed limit is a challenge for most vehicles so I literally get to have fun just taking my son to school and back. So, no rules to adhere to or need for competition type parts. Just looking to improve all aspects of the vehicle.

Purchased a Quaife diff and Top Fuel turbo kit. Collecting parts for rear disc conversion and Mini front brakes. BC Racing DR series coilovers is the plan for suspension/lowering. Have shims for the rear.

Have stock sport wheels and 16x7's that are 16.6lbs each and +40mm. The 16's rub in the rear even after clearancing on the more serious downhill/uphill curves. On the street there's plenty of dips and bumps here.
Reduction of body roll will help, but also plan on lowering it. I also don't care for the way the car drives with the wider track. It handles well and I would want it on a roadcourse (did SCCA many, many years ago), but doesn't drive as well on the street. I think bringing the wheels closer to the factory center line would have it drive better (less pull, less tracking issues, less steering effort, etc).

I probably have an unusual build going. Not trying to do anything except make the car better. Yes, I should just trade it in on a used GTI or Miata, but where's the challenge in that? LOL

Greatly appreciate any suggestions and guidance. Do you have a recommended street alignment? Something that will handle well and not destroy tires completely? Car won't get many miles, but I'm not a fan of constantly buying tires.

Speaking of tires. I need to buy some pronto! Any experience with Potenza RE760's?

Here's the car in it's present high mileage state...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and sorry to everyone for the long post. I should probably copy and paste this and start my own build thread. That way I don't keep intruding on kenchans fine blog here.

Last edited by GAFIT; 10-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?