General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 06:23 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
happy friday!

back is killing.. took me 15min just to get out of bed and to the bathroom.. lol
might need to call in today. will need to do some stretching as i have barely any range right now in movement. it's going to take me another 15min to get back to my dresser..

atleast no big projects planned for today at work.. i mean it can wait till monday if needed.

have a good friday everyone!

Old 11-03-2017, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
called in broken today.. first time in over 18 months i called in sick. oh well.

think i'm going to watch YT vids and stream tv shows most of the day. will ask my older kid to bring the GK factory 16's to the basement when he gets home from school.
since i taught him how to use a torque wrench yesterday (i have an old snapon with the dial you twist) will ask him to retorque the lugs after my wife gets home from her errands.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Feel better! Use lots of ice and don't over do it. Sucks getting old!

Old 11-03-2017, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Just placed a small RockAuto order for some misc stuff for Fit. Trying to spread out the cost of all this stuff a bit. Included in the order is an Accord master cylinder to test fit, hoses, belt, tensioner, and IK24 plugs.

Figure that IK22's work well normally, so went one heat range colder (2 colder from stock) in preparation for boost.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
sound like fun!

for me, pisses me off when i'm feeling useless so through pain folded laundry and put it away. took me almost 2 faking hrs but i feel i accomplished something today. time for icecream!

Old 11-03-2017, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
k, also got some bills done. im on a roll.. wat else can i do to make myself feel at least somewat worthy..

put away my wife's plastic jackolanters.. hummm... might just toss those in the recycling bin..

Old 11-03-2017, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
took a long nap, then watched a DVD (yah those things on round discs.. lol) while munching on some ebisen and diet pepsi. had a good time.

will check if my kid's up for bringing down the GK wheels into storage for some tips..

Old 11-03-2017, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
GK wheels are now stored away. woot
finally ready for winter.

now i just need to heal and check the undercarriages on the STI and GTI soon for any touch up needed on the subframe before salt..

Old 11-03-2017, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Had curry for lunch today and pho for dinner. Also bought some new (to me) summer wheels for the GE.

Today has been a good day.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
nice, mike! i luv them Kosei's! nice find.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
k, moved my worthless pos achy lowerback's arse and did a few minor house chores this am, polished my dress shoes, also sat in my STI and R to change the clock to turn off DLS in prep for tomorrow.

STI wasnt too bad but mang, getting out of my R's seats with an achy lower back was a task! lol holy faking hell i was in pain. shittt.. and my GTI basically has he same leather seats.

well, ive not takin any pain kills today so was kinda gauging how much better ive gotten since thursday night. i would say about 45% there to full recovery.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, when I was reading reviews of the Golf, GTI, Golf R, one of the largest complaints was getting in and out.

I have to agree. The driving position is great, but something about the seat, steering wheel, door opening, ride height, etc all adds up to a bit of difficulty for getting in and out. I wouldn't want one for a pizza delivery vehicle.

People with my Lincoln complain of hitting their head on the door frame when getting in because the opening is smaller than it appears. I'm short, so no problems for me.

Happy Saturday everyone! My plans are to run errands with the family and then attempt the CDV removal on the Fit. I'm hoping the stuff I bought will work since I didn't go with the DIY parts listed in threads here. Those parts are NLA.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
is that right.. lol i usually have no issue getting in and out of my Golfs but this am was like wow!.. i was imagining how i would get out of my GTI later today in the rain.. yikes.

yah, im not tall so probably no issue for me getting inout of your lincoln.. but if it was a dodge RAM1500 or something, ill fall inside and be forever lost. lol

GL on the CDV project.

last night my older kid was asking me how he should get into RC.. funny.. i never thought id hear such question from him a year ago.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
damn... each time i need to sneeze right now is like a plane crash movie.. BRACE BRACE BRACE!!

Old 11-04-2017, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
My wife's back goes out from time to time. I tell her...DON'T sneeze and DON'T drop anything you need to pick back up!

My son is 7. I hope someday that he takes interest in cars. So far it's a no go. Thankfully have the wife when I need an extra hand. I hate wiring, so I made her do the independent foglight wiring way back when on the Fit. Hasn't burned to the ground yet.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
oh mang.. sneezing with back pain is like risking blacking out. serious pain i cant move for literally 30min after sneezing.

wow, cool to have ur wife help out with the wiring! my wife is an IT consultant and also does server installs so she's good with wires and especially windows. as u all know, i hate windows so she helped me setup my windows machine to work with the JB1's on my R and GTI.

i was scratching my head wtf? and she took a quick look and figured out wat i was doing wrong in the device settings. im real spoiled having a windows expert in my own home.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
so my wife's going to be driving me to run this errand this pm in her GK. so i dont need to worry about getting out of my GTI in the rain. wheew.. didnt want to be limping out slow out my GTI while it was pouring rain and possibly messing up the electronics in the door.

at least now it'll be the GK's door.. lol

Old 11-04-2017, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
i remember 6 yrs ago there was a recall on the driver side door on the Fit where they put some protective sheet to keep water off the wires in the doors or something on the GE.

i got some recall notice in the mail but the dealer confirmed they took care of it before selling the car to me..or something.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
k, got done with the errand. getting in and out of the passenger seat of the GK was SO MUCH EASIER vs the R! felt barely any pain.

GK is perfect for old people with back pain.. lol

Old 11-05-2017, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
alright, got up changed all the clocks and timers to non-DLS time. stepped in my cave (garage) and checked out my cars while adjusting the clock.

my lower back is about 70% recovered, going take it easy again today in prep for work tomorrow. im limping around without pain killers so there is some progress.

i was going to take a short biz trip this week but im going to post-pone it..i have several other locations i need to visit this month so try to make it minimal as possible. at least in my line of work i get to choose where and when to go on my schedule..well most of the time. hahaha i always have a few of those spoiled j-brats dat want to play on the weekends while coming to the US..

no car stuff planned today. will probably go in my cave later today just to be with my cars.. and maybe dress the GTI's tires.

have a good sunday!

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?