General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Yea I've thrown my back out once several years ago...stupid pinched nerve mad walking damn near impossible.

Besides that I hope everyones weekend went well.

Apologize for the HUGE pics.

Friday: oil change both Miata and GF's elantra. Also restored both cars headlights using the Sylvania restoration kit. That kit does wonders. Used it previously on the GE8 which took (1) whole kit due the GIANT headlights. I was able to do both Elantra and Miata with (1) kit due to their smaller headlights lol.

Before:

After:

Also got my 3M vinyl in so I decided to wrap the Miata windshield frame since I was in "car" mode. Turns out I had bought a big enough piece to do the frame in (1) seamless piece so I figured I'd give that a shot instead of going the easy route and cut small pieces.

It was my first time doing such a large and complex piece but luckily after cutting the shape/template and shaping it, it wasn't too bad. Its not perfect...but it'll do, especially for $20 in material. Props to people who do this professionally.

Before:

After:

Ran out of waterless wash after washing the Miata and Elantra so I couldnt wash the Civic...poor thing.

After a nap, went out with some friends for drinks and food at a Dumpling place to celebrate his Bday.

Saturday was a relax day. Drove Miata around a bit to see if the Oil change got rid of the CEL...so far 60 miles and smoother idle and no CEL! Hope it stays that way long enough for the ECU to log it and let me pass smog.

Watched Thor: Ragnarok...which was AMAZING. So if you're into the marvel movies definitely check it out.

Sunday: went up to the barn to check on the GFs horse, then to niece's to celebrate 10th bday (geez time flies). Then friend visiting town came over and we introduced him to Korean psychological/thriller movies...SO good =)

Anyway, happy Monday and sorry for the novel haha.

Last edited by shinjari; 11-06-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wow! congrats on the black vinyl install. looks 100000x better. nice job
GJ on the cloudy lamps too. i've never had cloudy lenses.. even on a 12 yr old car. i wonder if it's the auto car wash solutions they use cause i almost never take my cars to the auto wash.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
for me, limped into work in my GTI. i need to walk around in a bit as my back is getting real tense from sitting.

so painful getting up from my chair.. at least i didn't have to yell in pain getting out of my GTI this am. haha can't wait to get home and just lie down..

Old 11-06-2017, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
wow! congrats on the black vinyl install. looks 100000x better. nice job
GJ on the cloudy lamps too. i've never had cloudy lenses.. even on a 12 yr old car. i wonder if it's the auto car wash solutions they use cause i almost never take my cars to the auto wash.
Yea not sure. Must be all the California Sunshine . I mean the elantra is primarily outside and its 10...not as bad as I expected. Granted it doesn't get babied like my cars....even though that's changed lately.

Miata needed TLC from the day I took ownership in June/July haha.

for me, limped into work in my GTI. i need to walk around in a bit as my back is getting real tense from sitting.

so painful getting up from my chair.. at least i didn't have to yell in pain getting out of my GTI this am. haha can't wait to get home and just lie down..
Man that sounds rough. Get some icy/hot pads. Hope you get better.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
those lenses look fresh.

yah... made it through the day with no pain killerz. it was painful at times and limping like i had a branch stuck up my arse but oh well. its kinda nice how people dont make fun of anyone these days with a limp vs back in the pre-80's you walk with a limp, all the faking kids around you walk with a limp mocking you. kinda like dat SNL skit over the weekend. haha. times have changed.

anyway, got home stretched my back real good, vac'ed my other cave (music room) while limping, and rewarded myself with some icecream.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
What kind of icecream? Thats the important question.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
the one i had yesterday was a nestle DrumStick.

today still achy limping around the office like i got a tree trunk up my arse but hanging in there. the sitting at the desk is the worst. need to go walk around the floor in a bit.

as for car things i found a few cool vw decals so put some on the R to go with its comical shape.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Ken you might want to get to the doctor. You need to find out if you just did a whopper of a muscle pull or something to your spine/nerves. Get well soon.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
thanks ash. it's not the first time i pulled my back this way.. like every other year i accidentally let my guard down and ..

then

then

at least my kid can now swap wheels and check lug torque..
if he can remember righty tighty lefty loosey..

Old 11-07-2017, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
I had green tea & black berry icecream yesterday. Ken & I are on the same wavelength.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
mmm.. icecream.

had 2 donuts before supper.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
I want a donut.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
getting ready for my first donut of the day.

going to stretch my back real good then head downstairs.
need to stop to run a quick errand before work.. glad my GTI is AT this week. gears are a tad tall for my taste but oh well.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
thanks ash. it's not the first time i pulled my back this way.. like every other year i accidentally let my guard down and ..

then

then

at least my kid can now swap wheels and check lug torque..
if he can remember righty tighty lefty loosey..
I was going to mention that once you pull it you'll have a propensity to do it again. It has been that way with me. I didn't want to seem like I'm preaching.

This I will preach about, teach your son how to use jack stands & work safe.

Get well Ken.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
thanks ash. yah i started pulling my back in my college days..like 30 yrs ago.

a buddy of mine who is a paramedic taught me this stretching technique to do every morning and it helps prevent this from happening but it was cold and damp outside when my kid and i were out there and i should've done the stretching before doing the wheel swap.

always happens when i least expect it..

Old 11-08-2017, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
still limping around the office like i got a copying machine stuck up my arse..

but had fried chicken for lunch and cake.
can't wait to drive home in my GTI..

Old 11-08-2017, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Heck man you always feel better on the way home from work. ;-)

For me it is bending & twisting while lifting something heavy. I figure the door is open for you to buy some super light weight wheels. Tell your wife it's for your health. LOL!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
yah, honestly i can pull my back just pulling up my pants wrong. lol
my wife dont care wat i buy actually, but that's a good reason indeed! haha

alright finally home.. such a long day today.. had my dose of donut and did a lot of stretching. wheew. now relaxing in my other cave (music room).

Old 11-08-2017, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
im kinda happy i figured out how to use spotify correctly. wished someone wouldve explained to me earlier how to use it cause until i sat down (well, i was in pain over the weekend and immobile so had a lot of time on my hands..) and really played with it i didnt know how different the platform was vs iheartradio and pandora. pretty cool. so many j-artists too.

now its like i have access to all these artist albums i can play as if i owned their albums in my phone. plus through my MBP, i can play the tracks in sequence and not shuffle, full remote control from my iphone, etc. without subscribing.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
today is thursday? yes, thursday. one more day to the weekend! hopefully this weekend weather and my back will cooperate and i will pull out my STI for some motoring fun.

i have about 90% mobility back now.. still stiffens up in pain if i dont keep moving so i will need to limp around the floor for no reason again from time to time like i got a binder stuck up my arse.

i think by tomorrow i should be pretty good.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?