General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Well thank goodness you had BOTH a GTI and R to fix this problem LOL.

Drove the Miata, ran some errands, gave our new tenant her keys to the condo we own, hung some photos in the house, yard work...took some photos of things I want to sell, which leads me up to this question.

Since Photobucket began holding pictures for random by no longer allowing 3rd party hosting for free like it has for the last 10+ years...I need to find another free service.

Not all forums are created equal and FF is one of the few that allow you to upload directly to the forum...which is what I'll do...and then relink the photos as needed. This isn't ideal. ANy of you guys familiar with flickr? Know its yahoo based and free at least.
I've used flickr exclusively for years. I like it.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Haldex in my Lincoln as well. It's not very sophisticated (no user selectable locking or locking diffs), but it provides great grip. WOT through any turn at almost any speed is possible. Well, unless you upset it too much. Then the nannies kick in to spoil the fun. Almost any real aggressive driving requires the traction control to be turned off.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
shinjari- lol'ed too about my golfs.

glad u were out there enjoying the 75F weather with ur top down! was like 27-28F here this am.. no issue in the R though.. this car grips and turns so well with its haldex system it's pretty crazy. where my STI would borderline understeer, the R'll borderline oversteering like RWD.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
How did my post end up above kenchan's? It was a tag on about the haldex system.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
The post swapping must have something to do with the GTI/R parts swapping. ;-)

Old 11-19-2017, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Haldex in my Lincoln as well. It's not very sophisticated (no user selectable locking or locking diffs), but it provides great grip. WOT through any turn at almost any speed is possible. Well, unless you upset it too much. Then the nannies kick in to spoil the fun. Almost any real aggressive driving requires the traction control to be turned off.
nice. yah, i programmed both my R and GTI's traction control to turn off completely using OBD11 when i select traction control to turn off. otherwise it still kicked in when i had the traction control off in stock form. not very nice.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
How did my post end up above kenchan's? It was a tag on about the haldex system.
you from the future!

Old 11-19-2017, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
ohhhh burrito was GOOOOD! i luv mexican food.

time for some icecream.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
got some cobalt bits on the way. going to drill through the brake pedal.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
happy (?) monday.. back to the grind.

on the menu today.. just motoring to and from work in my GTI. car is all gassed up and ready to go. filthy dirty on the outside right now.. oh well. hope to wash on Thursday.

no biz trips this week.

have a good monday everyone!

Old 11-20-2017, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
so anyone hunting stuff this black friday?

nothing for me.. but my older kids been asking for a ps4 console which goes on sale at 199 or something i heard. but he wants to play GranTurismo.. thought those only run on PS3? anyone know? ever since completing GT1 off ps1 like 20yrs ago, havent played.. i have a ps2 as well, but not being able to transfer my cars from ps1 to ps2 was a huge hassle and got sick of playing again. my kid's been playing my old ps2 and he is hooked.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
got some cobalt bits on the way. going to drill through the brake pedal.
Just realized I never replied to the question about drill bits. I've only drilled a couple of cars pedals, but both were like butter. I just used some standard drill bits made for metal.

You should have no problem with the cobalt bits. Just put a block under the pedal and use a punch to mark the spot. Happy drilling!

Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
so anyone hunting stuff this black friday?

nothing for me.. but my older kids been asking for a ps4 console which goes on sale at 199 or something i heard. but he wants to play GranTurismo.. thought those only run on PS3? anyone know? ever since completing GT1 off ps1 like 20yrs ago, havent played.. i have a ps2 as well, but not being able to transfer my cars from ps1 to ps2 was a huge hassle and got sick of playing again. my kid's been playing my old ps2 and he is hooked.
Yeah a couple of stores like target/bestbuy are doing ps4 consoles for $199.

Unless you bought the OG launch PS3 (like me) they are no longer backwards compatible. Maybe your kid wants the new GranTurismo that just came out for PS4 as well?

Old 11-20-2017, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
thanks GAFIT. yep some block behind of the pedal would be good to have for sure.

shinjari- apparently my kid wants the GT sport or something. some recent release and supposedly works on ps4... no idea.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Meanwhile I'm just over here hoping someone gets me an Xbox One S for xmas.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Meanwhile I'm just over here hoping someone gets me an Xbox One S for xmas.
We bought that last year. I think it's now half what we paid then as a black friday item this year. I'm happy with it except for one thing I still need to buy...

Bought it thinking it would also be our blue ray player. It is and works for that, but I REALLY need to buy a remote. Using the controller as a dvd player remote just plain sucks.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
multi function is nice. wish they still made psp with GT. id keep it at work to play a few rounds during my break or while flying if it has BT. no idea..

my wife still has those donky kong nintendo game watches. lol original box and all.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
alright, finally home tired as hell... such a crazy day. always happens after taking a biz trip.

my wife called the contractor who's doing exterior work and found out they're not going to do the work until after thanksgiving. which means i dont have to rush washing my GTI on thanksgiving day or Friday this week. woot!

Old 11-21-2017, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
bought a few new albums on my iphone this am for my listening in my GTI.

while getting up this am i realized i faked up a section of my report i created yesterday at work.. pissed me off. which made doing pushups at easier. lol part of my am exercise. need to fix it first thing this am when i get in. beside that, should be smooth sailing today.. hopefully.

no car plans today, going to just enjoy listening to the tracks i bought in my car.

have a good tuesday everyone!

Old 11-21-2017, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
multi function is nice. wish they still made psp with GT. id keep it at work to play a few rounds during my break or while flying if it has BT. no idea..

my wife still has those donky kong nintendo game watches. lol original box and all.
Dude my mom still has a Nintendo game and watch in box somewhere. its the one where you have to catch the eggs lol.

If you are a costco member ps4s were 189.00...crazy.

Well glad I got the miata successfully smogged this weekend. CEL popped up. Think it was due to running the heater. It puts that little extra strain on the motor and I noticed the idle get rougher. This happened late last month but it was running the A/C which gave me that slightly rough idle. So weird.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- hahaha! yah those games were fun back then.

huh, sorry to hear about the cel. is it a clear code and forget type thing or needs repair?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?