General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
what? its already friday? unbelievable.. i mean i got a lot of stuff done this week but flew by in a flash. i was soooooo faking tired 2 nights ago in the hotel after my meeting i crashed and did not wake up until a full 7hrs later. lol

so today hope to get some of the grinding off the table for next week.. someone needs to step on the clock's brake pedal... not sure even 6 pistons is enough.

have a good friday everyone!

Old 12-08-2017, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
speaking of braking, those folks towing stuff on their GK's is pretty scary. 70-0 braking perf on the GK is like 180ft.. 180ft you add passengers and towing load one's going to be in the 200ft range.

brakes and headlights are the 2 very noticeable weaknesses of the Fits.. well acceleration too.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member
so wat are you guys asking santa this xmas?

im still undecided but im thinking a pair of non-noise cancelling bose headphones (soundlink on-ear headphones) for my new office at work would be nice. while id prefer noise cancelling, i need to be able to hear my team when they call me during my breaks. haha

ken-san

** crickets **

KEN-SAN

** crickets **

KEN-SAN!!!

wat wat? *falls off chair*

nothing car related right now. cant think of anything i want. i mean i could get mod parts for the GTI like a downpipe and stage2 but not worth it at this point. just go R.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Old 12-08-2017, 10:46 AM
This morning I cleaned a bunch of white junk off the Fit. I have no clue what it was, but it was cold and wet

Old 12-08-2017, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
i saw a bunch of dat mystery stuff in michigan yesterday.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
That stuff has made it's way to GA. I'm about to go for a drive. See what kind of trouble I can get in with the Lincoln. Traction control....OFF!

We are going on a cruise over Christmas so nothing on my wish list. We are considering the vacation our gift to each other. Well...the boy will still get stuff. We've already picked up a few things for him.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like your AWD is the way to go GAFIT!
yah vacation cruise sounds like fun.

for me, just staying home in my cave is a treat.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
All I want for Christmas is an XBOX. Once I get that I can get rid of my blu ray player, wall mount the TV, finally get my center speaker out of storage & pick up a record player. Living room complete once all is achieved.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
When you reach a certain age you don't need presents. My wife & I are pretty good about buying what we need to keep us happy. It is great to be with family during the holidays & give their kids presents. That makes me happy.

Oh I did pick up a new used camera & a sweet used camera bag. ;-)

Old 12-08-2017, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
xbox sounds like fun, mike! hope you can finish your living room by end of the year!

ash- lol'ed haha its good to have stuff you can look forward to regardless of wat or who it is.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
alright, finally home. got some gas in the GTI on the way home, not sure why my mobil stopped refilling printer paper in their pumps. wtf mang, going out of business soon? each time i need to take a picture how much i pumped cause i keep a log of every transaction i make.

i have this cool network book keeping software my wife made for us a while back. thing is super convenient as it auto sums bills to pay and reminds us when it's due, all the bank and savings accounts we have are all super easy to up keep, etc.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
wife's making us ribs tonight. i am so~ ready for ribs.

so it looks like no mysterious white stuff tonight or tomorrow, at least not accumulating. so going to be pulling out my STI for a nice morning drive tomorrow am.

followed by heading out to the apple store to get my iphone's screen fixed , probably stop by tumi (for me) and coach (for wife) and run a few errands before heading to a party tomorrow night with my buddies and their wives. steak house, woot!

even though my buddies will arrive in their audi, benz, and bimmers, definitely going to take the GK to the restaurant. these parking structures have some of the steepest inclines and my cars will never clear it. haha

Old 12-08-2017, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
xbox sounds like fun, mike! hope you can finish your living room by end of the year!

ash- lol'ed haha its good to have stuff you can look forward to regardless of wat or who it is.
Living room will be finished by January 1, 2019, no promises on any sooner haha

Originally Posted by kenchan
wife's making us ribs tonight. i am so~ ready for ribs.

so it looks like no mysterious white stuff tonight or tomorrow, at least not accumulating. so going to be pulling out my STI for a nice morning drive tomorrow am.

followed by heading out to the apple store to get my iphone's screen fixed , probably stop by tumi (for me) and coach (for wife) and run a few errands before heading to a party tomorrow night with my buddies and their wives. steak house, woot!

even though my buddies will arrive in their audi, benz, and bimmers, definitely going to take the GK to the restaurant. these parking structures have some of the steepest inclines and my cars will never clear it. haha
They may have more features, but you can park anywhere without a second thought

Old 12-08-2017, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Living room will be finished by January 1, 2019, no promises on any sooner haha

They may have more features, but you can park anywhere without a second thought
mike- hahaha, at least you got lots to look forward to by 2019!

right, they have the luxury and status and i look like a poor middled aged guy that failed life, but do i care? of course i care about my cars' well being!!!

Old 12-09-2017, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member
doh, woke up to white mystery stuff on the ground. lol

guess i will be doing my errands in the GK today.
maybe tomorrow i will pull out my STI

have a good saturday everyone!!

Old 12-09-2017, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
any of you driven the new CRV? must say, that suv looks pretty damn good. not too slow either and awd.

how are the headlights? do they offer them LED's? do they follow the steering angle? things i need to research.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
yah, the Touring trim has the new LED headlamps and sensing wipers. when you add awd it comes out to about $35k msrp... about the starting price of the NX..

i think the general consensus is lexus is better than honda (lol..) so this is definitely not a smart buy. if it came in at $30k but 35K? on a honda? meh..

Old 12-09-2017, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
hummm... but it does have all the feature my wife wants.. like wavey foot and rear gate opens and stuff.
and since it's a normal folk brand people wont get jelly.. that's kinda nice too actually.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
so lets do a realistic analysis here..

honda crv touring:
35025 msrp with destination.. so buy at 34250 realistic -11000 GK trade
23250 +tax and title.. about 25k otd..

is the crv touring $25k better than the GK?
is living with the GK so bad that im willing to dish out another $25k cash?

i dont think the GK is that bad, in fact while im not a fan of the CVT aka continuous vaccum tones, with the snows the car does fairly well in the snow. i mean even this am thing handled like a champ. so the only real inconvenience is the shitty headlamps and having to have to lift the gate up by hand to open while my wife's hands are full.. that is the $25k question.

now compare this with below..

41000 new Golf-R - 20000 trade in GTI
also about $25K+ otd.. for the inconvenience of wheel spin at wot from lower speeds, that is a HUGE inconvenience that i would be willing to pay to fix any day.

the latter is the smarter buy for certain.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?