General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 11:54 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so i got this new pc for work since my current one is about to die and the IT folks in the east coast asked when they can work on the computer to transfer files. i told dem do it now since i can work off my iphone and he disappeared.. guess it's lunchtime over there.. must be nice to be a wage worker. lol

Old 12-21-2017, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Ah I have seen that Tamiya kit before. Pretty neat.

I agree about "old" employees...they yell into the phone. Cell phone mic's are sensitive enough...just because YOU are deaf doesnt mean the person on the other side is deaf also.

As for your car logic Kenchan...seems logical.
Hope it works out =)

Drove the miata in the rain today. Did well. Other drivers on the road...not so much. 2 accidents on the way into work today. Go figure.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
hey there mike! dang i have an older customer that's like that. he don't return emails but loves to talk on the phone. yak yak yak yak yak yak yak

Zzzzzzzzzzz..... <= kenchan
The worst!

if too many ramps and dips = look at getting the NX, trade GTI
if flat but too narrow and door ding fever = keep GTI
if super nice, ample parking space = wait for DSG GolfR
been telling the wife how i'm going to probably have two GolfR's soon and she said "not surprised".
Lulz!

Originally Posted by shinjari
I agree about "old" employees...they yell into the phone. Cell phone mic's are sensitive enough...just because YOU are deaf doesnt mean the person on the other side is deaf also.
He's only 24! And actually does have bad hearing, which I would think should make him want to use email more, but it seems the boomer within him outweighs the common sense.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
i have a younger customer in his 30's that luvs text. so before i make a call i just send him a text and he usually replies within a min. that works too.

i don't mind talking on the phone but so much better if i can send an email first and the other party studies the email BEFORE having the call for any further clarification. otherwise i'd be on a plane and have a meeting face to face.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
not that i want another nissan, but have you folks seen the new QX30? soooo fugly did they get inspired looking at hyundais? wtf mang

Old 12-21-2017, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
i don't mind talking on the phone but so much better if i can send an email first and the other party studies the email BEFORE having the call for any further clarification. otherwise i'd be on a plane and have a meeting face to face.
I can't possibly agree more! It boggles my mind how many of my Ecomm customers call me on the phone to ask order/product questions.

Send me a frikin' email so I can research and get back with you. I don't have 1,000's of order numbers and ETA's stored in my head or know the fabric content of the 1,000's of covers.

I used to answer the phone and them politely ask them to email me the question with PO number or product code so I can research, but they didn't get the clue. I now just don't answer my phone. If they leave me a voicemail, I reply with an email telling them I need the information in writing so I can research.

These are Ecomm customers selling product over the Internet. Boggles my mind.

You'd think they too would want something in writing so they have something to fall back on.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
yah people are too stupid and too lazy.

i also hate people that writes emails like one line text messages. etiquette much? wtf. emails are documents. if u want to one line, send a text.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
my IT guy is back and working on my new computer. luckily i found a desk with an empty doc station so they can remotely transfer files from my old to new. . should go pretty quick.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member

<<<<<Kinda likes how the QX30 looks...

Old 12-21-2017, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
oh oooops..!

dogdamn, dat QX30 is SUPER HOT!

like an anus after eating super spicy food..

Old 12-21-2017, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
the drive in the GTI home was good.. got a bigarse headache for some reason just before leaving work. saw dat my genuine suby super coolant (actual name of product) arrived so added a dab in the reservoir to about 3/4 full to the fill line anticipating some expansion when hot. should be good for a while.

took some pain killers just now (aka icecream) and relaxing in my music room listening to some relaxing tunes by chuck loeb through my AKG. i like these AKG's for not being too bassy, yet very tight in the sub-low frequencies. very nice for these smooth jazz type tunes.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
this stupid airhead sounding young girl that advertises $0.99 for 3 months for spotify preimum has such an ANNOYING voice. kinda like dat stupid voice Panera girl. just for not having to have to hear that stupid girl i want to subscribe to spotify premium. lol

i have a headache so ugly voice annoys me even more. haha

Old 12-21-2017, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
LOL. I understand!

My Dad has the premium or whatever paid kind of Spotify. He is a Spotify junky. He has a 64gb card in his phone just for his playlists. Nice that you can make it all available offline. He travels a lot so his phone and JBL Pill are his Hotel/Motel companions.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
LOL. I understand!

My Dad has the premium or whatever paid kind of Spotify. He is a Spotify junky. He has a 64gb card in his phone just for his playlists. Nice that you can make it all available offline. He travels a lot so his phone and JBL Pill are his Hotel/Motel companions.
u know, im subscribed to pandora and their off-line listening is real good. for some reason pandora has all the cool tracks offline..

anyways considering im listening to spotify like 99% of the time now vs pandora i think i might seriously consider switching too.
i like how on spotify i can listen to all the tracks on an album instead of random tracks and random artists who i dont care for.

cool beans on the JBL pill. i have one too in the basement and listen to it all the time while im motoring my RC cars on my track.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
actually my JBL bt speaker is called the Charge or something.. not pill. its cylindrical though and got it like 4-5yrs ago.. and probably not as good as the Beats. not sure.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
woot, tracking for my new sony WH1000XM2. should be in my hands next week.

kinda excited to compare with my MDR1000X. its supposedly better for adaptive active noise cancellation and higher fidelity for regenerative decompression of the audio.

that's the big difference between cheaparse junk bt headphones and these real headphones.
not only are the speakers matched L/R for performance, it has these audio replenishing decoders where it fills in the gaps in the signal to make the BT audio sound so much nicer.

kinda like kenwood HU's mp3 decoders where it will artificially improve the audio to its near original 44.1k sampling.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
I had it wrong. He has a JBL Flip.

He was an early audiophile. Rocked the Marantz tube reciever with Jensen speakers back in the day. It would be hard to tell someone now that those were premium brands in the '70-'80's. I still remember listening to Beastie Boys on those Jensen's with the 15" woofers. Our house was one of the few that could rattle the windows back in 1986.

I try to live up to the heritage by rocking my Klipsch towers, subs, satellites and Yamaha receiver, but it just doesn't sound as good as it used to. I'd probably have to step my game way, way up to get to that natural sound quality.

Last edited by GAFIT; 12-21-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
sounds good. the flip and charge are, if i remember correctly, very similar. i come from an audio background so its understandable having similar bt speakers.

the issue with small bt speakers is they all sound pretty much like crap so why spend the big $. it's more for listening to content of the music or watever vs the audio itself. bose soundlink was like the closest to an actual mini bookshelf speaker-kinda sound.

i have this mini Sony stereo i bought 4-5yrs ago which i use in my music room and the garage. it was like $150 but has decent full range.. nice bass and clear treble. nothing audiophile about it either but it's got bookshelf sized speakers so it is pretty decent for bt music and watching TV through it. even at max it must have virtual servos as it does not clip at all.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
this is the sony i have in my music room and in the garage i use for BGM. its pretty cool. i like it a lot.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/hi-...sbt100-sbt100b

Old 12-21-2017, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! I think I'd like your house set up!

My house is a bit rough, but I have most of what I consider fun stuff. My garage inherited my old Yamaha receiver, CD player, and a set of so-so book shelf speakers. Gotta have the tunes when wrenching. Could be part of why I like my garage time.

After the holidays I'm going to shop for a new home theater receiver and will retire my current Yamaha to the garage. May need to come up with some better speakers to go out there as well.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?