General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
alright, done with meetings and now heading out for some japanese in a bit.

i’m kinda ready to hit the sack though. lol

Old 02-02-2018, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. one more meeting and business dinner and my work for this week is done!

that rodent better not see his shadow today.. spring now!!

have a good friday and weekend everyone!

Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
How can that groundhog not see his shadow? There are a billion candle power of TV news camera lights shining on him. I think they should cook & eat that guy.

Nice day here, but it's cold. Burrrr....

Old 02-02-2018, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
true true. fake sunshine and news..!

returned the Rav4 this am to the rental place. not a bad car, besides the adaptive cruise wasn’t nearly as good as the one on my R.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
alright, finally home! the drive home in the GTI was real nice. good to be back in my car.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
when i got to the office garage, i saw that blue Golf-R parked in there yet again. someone has good taste and im jelly. must be nice to have a R.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
on the menu today.. still a salty mess around my my area so going to pass pulling out my R.. instead taking the GK to run a few errands this am, followed by relaxing the rest of day just thinking about future cars and wheels, wat not.

my vw dealer sent me a heads up the new R is coming this spring. hahaha. with my relaxed putt putt driving to work these days, my GTI is plenty but ill keep the idea open.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 02-03-2018, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
wish there was a way to weight down the GK's steering. it is just too light for my liking making the car feel kinda unstable.. even the Rav4 i drove this week had a heavier and sportier steering feel..

Old 02-03-2018, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
got back from running another errand this pm in the GK and my wife noticed a triangular gray spot on the passenger side door. i looked at it and it is paint failure. i was able to pick away about an inch of paint off the door. lol wat a faking pos these mexican fits from day one to now.

i am never buying another Fit again.

im going to check out my local subaru dealer and swap this thing with the new impreza hatchback sport cvt with eye sight this year.
should be plenty of car for my wife, cheap, and she'll enjoy the eye sight.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today... did a few house chores this am, now relaxing and enjoying some tunes in my music room along with a freshly brewed cup of starbucks and tiramisu. no car action again today, just taking it easy to get ready for yet another busy work week.

so my wife and i talked about me giving my wife the GTI to use to replace the GK, but we figured the GTI for her use is just too low-riding as the parking garages at her clients places in the city have ramps that are just too steep.. plus valet only. the splitter will definitely scrape (ive seen the garages), the belly may also bottom out, not to forget the pretty expensive HLT OZ's i run on the car which my wife worries she will curb. and going back to stock is a hassle as the OZ's wont fit right at stock height, etc.

so decided worst case, we'd just trade the GK and get her the new Impreza hatch come summer. she hates driving so the eye-sight that i'll add as an option should give her some peace of mind. the reason why i wont trade until warmer is because i need to fix that paint failure before trade to ensure i dont get penalized for that. lol i still have some factory-matched rattle can paint left over from the repair i did last year on the rockers so ill use that. i just need the temps to be higher so that the paint sticks. if the rest of the car has no such cracks i may end up keeping the GK another year, but chances are, paint on the other metal parts of the car will start cracking soon too. it is really bad, ive not seen this level of failure on my previous 29+ cars...i buy new cars, not old used cars. i shouldnt have these issues.

for me, the GK's road noise is just too damn loud on the expressway and at my age, i dont want to be yelling over the road noise just to have a conversation with my wife while we go out for lunch on the weekends. the new impreza's cabin is quiet and the fact that the impreza is priced economically my wife wont have to care if it gets dinged up while parked. i offered the new Lexus NX again, and as before, she doesnt want the hassle. she doesnt want me spending money on her cars.. she said save it for my next car.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about the GK! Sad to me how far the Fit has fallen in so many regards.

I know that our GD is poor when it comes to overall comfort, but it really is a superior car to a lot of what Honda offers today. At very near 200k miles, it's still has zero defects or a single thing broken. Every bit of the interior and exterior has held up just fine. I know that not all GD's did as well, but ours has been totally fine. Has better paint at 10 years old than our new Golf!

Great idea on the Impreza! I have always liked Subaru's. Not ever picked one directly for myself, but I like the car brand. Lets hope that the current vaping sleazy WRX/STI owners don't tarnish the brand too much. LOL

Old 02-04-2018, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
yah watz up with this vape trend with them wrx folks? i don’t smoke.. hell i’ve never smoked regular cigarettes in my life. i don’t hang around these younger folks so didn’t know about it until someone pointed it out at a loser site. lol

Old 02-04-2018, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
It really is weird. I still swing by a few car shows and have friends still into the street scene. The WRX/STI crowd is generally not anything you want to associate with.

That being said, I do have one friend from high school with a newish WRX. She doesn't vape and isn't sleazy, but she does bat for the other team. That's more the old Subaru cliche. LOL I make fun of her for fitting the mold (lesbian, bicyclist, Subaru owner).

* Keep in mind that the above was written by a guy who owns a 532rwhp Mustang. That puts me at near 100% chance of driving through a crowd of people leaving a car meet given the history of Mustang owners.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i dont have time to associate myself with anyone.. just an older guy who bought the STI purely for nostalgia reasons so i really dont know wat these kids are up to. but the car is extremely fun to drive.. THAT i am certain of.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
funny how the true ford folks dont even want to make mustangs and be associated with them.. lol

Old 02-04-2018, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
got back from running another errand this pm in the GK and my wife noticed a triangular gray spot on the passenger side door. i looked at it and it is paint failure. i was able to pick away about an inch of paint off the door. lol wat a faking pos these mexican fits from day one to now.

i am never buying another Fit again.

im going to check out my local subaru dealer and swap this thing with the new impreza hatchback sport cvt with eye sight this year.
should be plenty of car for my wife, cheap, and she'll enjoy the eye sight.
Wow that is troubling. My thought is all of these new paint jobs using waterborne paint are not too great for durability. Sad stuff.

I think an Impreza sport would be a great car for your wife. From all I've read Eye-sight is a pretty good system. It's not fast, but neither is a Fit.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
ash - yah,i blot touched up the paint cracked door in hopes that it wouldnt spread too far while i wait for warmer weather, but im worried its just a matter of time other metal areas of the car (like the roof) will also exhibit the same failure. better sell sooner than later. i mean i always have budget set aside to replace my cars so its okay. it is a hassle though as i was expecting to run the car another 2yrs.

the impreza is slow. my wife doesnt care, as you said, the GK is just as slow. and i only plan to drive the car to the stores and restaurants on the weekends so ill just have to be patient. at least the interior is quite nice. if i want to go fast, ill just take the GTI to the restaurants, i guess.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
so i think im going to swap the rear swaybar on the STI to a sold 22mm cusco bar this spring which will be a mild 30% increase in stiffness vs stock. i have controllable understeer mid-corner near wot and i want to have a tad more rotation, but dont want too much as i want the active vectoring and stability control to work in harmony.

tricky with these stability control maps where you change hardware too dramatically the software works against you. 30% should be okay..

Old 02-05-2018, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today.. pretty much a grinding day at the office. hope i dont get called into meetings as i have a lot paperwork to go through today.

the hells with this -5F temp this am.. stupid rodent saw his shadow last week, so i hear. i was going to order some stuff this week but its going to freeze while sitting outside on the porch if it arrives on a day my wife is out meeting her clients so need to time it correctly.

have a good monday everyone! lol sounds so smartarse

Old 02-05-2018, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Whats going on guys. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Friday went for a long ride on the motorcycle to get lunch with the GF. Then happy hour with coworkers that evening. Saturday was house stuff (yard/wash cars) and then bowling and Japanese food for dinner. Sunday was superbowl and relaxing evening.

Man thats nuts about the GK paint. They gotta cut costs somewhere but geez. I know you're not one to treat a car poorly. I wonder how other GKs will end up in a year or two.

Think I found a buyer for my gram lights. We will see. I could be getting greedy...but maybe not lol.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?