General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nice shinjari! I wouldn't hesitate to ask good money for them. It's a small market, but there's not a lot of high end wheels in good shape out there.

I've been keeping my eye out for 16x7's in +43 to +50ish for a while and finding wheels like yours isn't easy.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Whats going on guys. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Friday went for a long ride on the motorcycle to get lunch with the GF. Then happy hour with coworkers that evening. Saturday was house stuff (yard/wash cars) and then bowling and Japanese food for dinner. Sunday was superbowl and relaxing evening.

Man thats nuts about the GK paint. They gotta cut costs somewhere but geez. I know you're not one to treat a car poorly. I wonder how other GKs will end up in a year or two.

Think I found a buyer for my gram lights. We will see. I could be getting greedy...but maybe not lol.
hey there shinjari - sounds like you had a great weekend! hope u sell them wheels soon.

yah, the GK has been a problem since day one and im really looking forward to getting rid of it soon.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
mang it was a short long day with a shitload of docs i had to process. good thing my assistant was able to help me out with the real pita stuff.

looking forward to some polish dog and chili this pm for supper. then just going to relax...
while i hate taking biz trips, i look forward to them.. if that makes any sense. im just tired.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah i hear that about the market. I was asking $800 for the set/caps/lock nuts. Guy offered $680. I think thats about as good as I'm gonna get. Figured I'd end up with $700.

Not sure what dinner is for tonight but look forward to going home.

Work trips aren't too shabby. I've been to Hawaii on Gov't dime for a week. Lot of my 'trips' are local since a lot of ships are local.

Sometimes I miss my GE...if only it had the same turbo motor as the Civic, I think it'd be a great little go kart.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
yah, ive sold many wheels at a bargain. to me its more about getting rid of them to make room for the next set so i havent really cared if someone came lower than my price.

i do however think lowballers are garbage and should not be entitled to have nice things.
hawaii trips sounds nice!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
haha yeah Im kinda in the "they wont get used so lets make room in the garage, but Im not gonna give them away" mentality. Considering I got these with the GE when I bought it and traded the GE in with some cheapo 'Katana' brand wheels, I'm still good. $680 > $0 and garage space taking paper weights lol.

Hawaii was cool. Went a week. Monday and Friday were for travel. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday were 'work' days and even then the work was relatively light and we were out by lunch time so we had a lot of play time haha.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Hawaii trip for work sounds quite nice.

I wound up driving down to Chicago Saturday on a whim, ended up wandering the University of Chicago, grabbing lunch with a friend & visiting the Illinois Holocaust Museum. Best use of a weekend day I've had in years.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
shinjari- yah, sell sell sell!

sounds good mike! nothing like spending quality time.

oh mang, chili was sooo good.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
That drive to Chi-town sounds like fun. I havent been in years. Last time I went, we did the Natural History Museum and that was super rad.

I haven't been to the Museum of Tolerance in LA in a while either. I'm sure it hit the heart strings regardless. I know when I was in Nagasaki at the Ground Zero site...that was intense. Just the impact and aftermath of the "bomb"...was a lot to bear/bare...whichever spelling it is lol.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
i was over at the air force museum in dayton a while back. was cool to see all the fighter planes from early on to the raptors. and there is no admission. free!

Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
We recently went to the WWII museum in New Orleans. I was impressed with their ability to show the war from multiple sides. It sucked for everyone. We all left somber, but educated.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/

Old 02-05-2018, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
I love the Air Force Museum. So much to see.

Gallery link > https://crashton.smugmug.com/Airplan...14-USAF-Museum

Old 02-06-2018, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
ash- agreed. i was amazed how big those drones were hanging on the ceiling!

Old 02-06-2018, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
alright on the menu today.. need to finish up the desk work and pickup my clothes at the dry cleaner on the way home today.

have a good Tuesday!

Old 02-06-2018, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
That drive to Chi-town sounds like fun. I havent been in years. Last time I went, we did the Natural History Museum and that was super rad.

I haven't been to the Museum of Tolerance in LA in a while either. I'm sure it hit the heart strings regardless. I know when I was in Nagasaki at the Ground Zero site...that was intense. Just the impact and aftermath of the "bomb"...was a lot to bear/bare...whichever spelling it is lol.
Museum of Tolerance sounds like a really cool idea, when I head west I'll have to check that out. I need to hit the Field Museum & Adler Planetarium in Chicago soon, I've somehow never been.

Originally Posted by kenchan
i was over at the air force museum in dayton a while back. was cool to see all the fighter planes from early on to the raptors. and there is no admission. free!
Oh man, I'm in on that. I've been to the USMC museum in VA & even an anti-war pacifist like myself can't help but be suckered in for some learning.

Originally Posted by GAFIT
We recently went to the WWII museum in New Orleans. I was impressed with their ability to show the war from multiple sides. It sucked for everyone. We all left somber, but educated.

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/
Museum overload.

Originally Posted by ashchuckton
I love the Air Force Museum. So much to see.
Yep, making time for this.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
alright so my TPMS light came on my GTI. but the car still feels solid.
i got to the office garage and was looking for my cheesy pen type pressure gauge i thought i had in the car.. can’t find it. oh well. i’ll ck psi before i leave the office using the air pump as it has a pressure gauge.

ordered me a couple of them cheesy pen gauges. i don’t like battery powered ones like the one i have at home cause never know when the battery dies.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
I like this type of gauge.

Click me >
Amazon Amazon

I've got the battery powered ones too, but they can have a flat battery when you need it. I'm not a fan of the pen type. I don't feel they have a very good accuracy. Although they are much better than not having one at all.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
right, the pen type is just for emergencies. i had a couple of them and i thought i had one in the glove box but no. i know for certain my Golf-R has one because i saw it when i put the new insurance card in there the other day. oh well.

i have a needle gauge like the one you linked in my STI.. that i am very sure of.

anyway, after work i pulled out the pump and i put some air in the GTI while checking the psi and none of them were low, so i think the sensor was just tricked by the snow driving this am. im glad i did not have a puncture cause i just dont have the time to be going to the tire store right now.

need to readjust it tomorrow am.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
another wtf moment was when i realized i did not have a backup cigarette usb charger for my travel bag. wtf was i to do if i forgot it in the rental or it broke or watever. very un-kenchan-like to be missing a backup plan.. well, i do have those portable battery chargers.. anyway, ordered a couple of those as well.

and yet another wtf moment was i realized my older snow boot's leather was breaking apart (luckily area u cant see if i was standing) and i was wearing it to work. wtf.. i should turn on the lights at home before heading out to work and check my shoes. lol ordered a new pair.

im just so tired right now..

Old 02-06-2018, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
I have a pen type tire pressure gauge. It only cost me $10 at some gas station in the middle of no where. OUCH! Not sure what happened to the $1 one that was in the car, but I found myself low on air in the middle of no where one day and bought one.

I agree with everyone above that the pen type aren't accurate, but I like them for the limited space in my glove boxes. Keep a real one with my air compressor in the garage for everyday use.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?