General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
I park my Fit in the back of a lot.

My Fit has damage from being side swiped on the driver's side.
The rear bumper is a bit out of whack from my dad backing into it.
The front psgr fender has a huge door ding in it.

It is stock. I still do what I can to prevent garbage like the above from happening where I can. A GTI isn't like worlds more sporty than an Accord.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
I think people are mesmerized by the Metallic Orange of your GE Mike410b and are drawn to it....then BAM! Oh S#it....

I've been seeing a lot of chevy bolts lately in a similar burnt copper color and I gotta say....I like it.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
I think my car is a factory mix-up.

The OE spoiler looks more orange revolution than Orange burst & it bugs me every day.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:28 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Could be the owner of that Accord cares?? My dad never drove any interesting cars, but man did he ever care about them.
i guess so! lol.

hey GAFIT loose steering wheel on your Lincoln lately?

Old 03-15-2018, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
A GTI isn't like worlds more sporty than an Accord.
neither is your dated s2k and my GTI is probably faster too. but you worked on it and it’s special. my GTI is not stock either and has something special vs a stock accord. i saw a 350z this am and like who dafaq still drive those slow sports car wannabies..

not that i really care that much about the parking since i’m getting a new car soon anyway, but more of a conversation topic.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I think my car is a factory mix-up.

The OE spoiler looks more orange revolution than Orange burst & it bugs me every day.
I felt the same about the Milano Red spoiler. I feel the paint looked a shade different due to the plastic material the spoiler was made from...granted my bumpers matched pretty darn close.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Tough crowd here. LOL

I've always loved my cars, even the beaters I had when I was a young pup. God that was long ago. Never had a car given to me, I worked very hard to earn the money for my beater cars. I also had to repair them myself, they taught me a lot. They were freedom to me. I even parked them with care so they wouldn't get damaged. ;-)

Fast forward 51 years, my GTI is now in the shop for some needed service. I can now afford to pay the bill, plus it's getting harder to slide under a car. The bonus is I have a new Alltrack loaner. It's a nice car, but it's missing a lot of the horsepower that my GTI has. The DSG seems much smoother than the one in my GTI. My wife hates it so maybe my next car will be a GTI. They had a black R there that was beautiful. She told me to buy that. That is until I told her how much it was. LOL

Old 03-15-2018, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
neither is your dated s2k and my GTI is probably faster too. but you worked on it and it’s special. my GTI is not stock either and has something special vs a stock accord. i saw a 350z this am and like who dafaq still drive those slow sports car wannabies..

not that i really care that much about the parking since i’m getting a new car soon anyway, but more of a conversation topic.
None of my cars are anything special, I've never claimed they are.

That's exactly the point I'm making, we're on a forum for $15,000 economy cars & yet all of us do our best to care of the various cars we own. For the owner of that Accord, that might be a really huge step, a first 'adult car' or they just...care

Originally Posted by shinjari
I felt the same about the Milano Red spoiler. I feel the paint looked a shade different due to the plastic material the spoiler was made from...granted my bumpers matched pretty darn close.
Yep, same. Somehow a body shop matched up the spoiler on my old GD perfectly, but Honda couldn't with the stuff on this car. Oh well.

Tough crowd here. LOL

I've always loved my cars, even the beaters I had when I was a young pup. God that was long ago. Never had a car given to me, I worked very hard to earn the money for my beater cars. I also had to repair them myself, they taught me a lot. They were freedom to me. I even parked them with care so they wouldn't get damaged. ;-)
1000% the same.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
the point i’m making is modded cars you care and worked on are special.

a stock anybody car anyone can buy new to replace at anytime, who cares!
it’s like parking your rental car at a nice corner spot.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone can replicate my S2000.

There's no custom fab work. Buy an AP1, coilovers, wheels, lip, exhaust, mirrors & you've got my car. Maybe even nicer because the base I work with is intentionally a bit rough.

I'm just saying, it is nice to see regular folks care about their things. It goes against our use once & throw away culture.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
That alltrack (lifted Golf wagon) is basically the Audi allroad (a4 wagon). I thought they were a neat option for those in places with harsh weather and they didnt want an SUV.

Every car I've owned I've cared for, modded or not. I'm an automotive (anything mechanical to be honest) enthusiast. Cars, Motorcycles, planes, RCs, robots etc.

I've only modded maybe half my cars but they all got the same overall treatment. Maintained, washed and detailed regularly.

I will agree that there is a lot of that 'throw away' mentality. I guess you could argue that people like us could be those guys 30+ years from now with 'classic' (aka. our current cars) while 99% of people will be driving whatever is current. I mean hondas last for 200k+ easily...but people these days have that "I want a NEW one" mentality. Same goes for phones (I'm guilty of that).

Old 03-15-2018, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
I hope I didn't disparage the Alltrack too badly. It is a nice car, the extra clearance isn't much & really wasn't felt by me. It drives like a car & not an SUV & that is a great thing.

I like my MK6 GTI so much that I can't see me changing anytime soon. It's paid off & only has 40K on the odo. I tend to keep cars for 10 years or so & north of 100K. Now that I am almost out of warranty I'm thinking about a mild stage 1 tune.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
oh mang finally done with my day at the office after 2 big meetings and bunch of stuff i had to do.

i had a to do list for myself at the office this am, but i could only get to maybe 25% of the entire list cause i was helping others. oh well, its just part of my work.

The bonus is I have a new Alltrack loaner. It's a nice car, but it's missing a lot of the horsepower that my GTI has. The DSG seems much smoother than the one in my GTI. My wife hates it so maybe my next car will be a GTI. They had a black R there that was beautiful. She told me to buy that. That is until I told her how much it was. LOL
that MK7.5 GTI is looking good. i really like the front bumper and new lamps.
for some reason the new 2018 R's are stuck at the port and rotting from the read.

None of my cars are anything special, I've never claimed they are.
im claiming your s2k is special so dont argue with me.

but people these days have that "I want a NEW one" mentality. Same goes for phones (I'm guilty of that).
haha. since im pretty much done with my car hobby (modding, etc) i dont mind newer cars these days and just drive them around near stock like my STI and R. probably why i look at your civic's wheels and think it looks great the way it is!

I hope I didn't disparage the Alltrack too badly. It is a nice car, the extra clearance isn't much & really wasn't felt by me. It drives like a car & not an SUV & that is a great thing.

I like my MK6 GTI so much that I can't see me changing anytime soon. It's paid off & only has 40K on the odo. I tend to keep cars for 10 years or so & north of 100K. Now that I am almost out of warranty I'm thinking about a mild stage 1 tune.
sounds good. my buddy at work has a Mk6 GTI with an APR tune (i think he said) he got done at his dealer. ive not driven it but i hear it's a significant bump in power. should be fun!

Old 03-15-2018, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
time for supper! sub

Old 03-15-2018, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
hey at least it's not cracking and peeling paint.. like my GK!

Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
woah, ended up washing my GTI tonight. woot. tired as hell now. going to rest.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
happy friday everyone! looks like another busy day at the office. will leave early to claim my parking spot. haha

i need to remember not to roll down my window at the gate. have a good friday and weekend!

Old 03-16-2018, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan

hey GAFIT loose steering wheel on your Lincoln lately?
That recall is wild! Not my model of Lincoln (the MKZ is slow and cheap in comparison), but I still wouldn't want my steering wheel becoming loose!

I've replaced the steering wheel in a couple modern cars I've owned. Never had one come loose afterward. Wonder what in the world they did wrong? Maybe improperly machined threads?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
I'm wondering if they didn't use thread locker on the nuts that hold the wheel on. What I find crazy is there were 3 crashes caused by this. How would one not feel a steering wheel coming loose? You'd have to be brain dead to not feel it & say hey somethings not right here. Brain dead people should only Uber.

My extended test drive is over. Final verdict no Alltrack for me. My GTI stays with me & will likely be replaced by another GTI when that time comes.

Beautiful day here today, although A bit on the cold side. They are brining the roads like crazy. They are calling for freezing rain in the morning.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Good guess on the thread locker and agree about how you could be that brain dead, but we are talking about people who buy the least expensive Lincoln and Ford Fusions. Those are mostly (but not all) people who aren't enthusiasts. The new Fusion Sport with the 2.7tt is an exception.

We only did a short test drive, but really liked the Alltrack. Just not enough to buy one. Test drove the Golf and immediately liked it better. I had previously test driven the GTI and loved it as well. Our Golf drives very similar to a GTI. The Alltrack felt much less communicative.

It also seemed to ride a bit harsh without giving the benefit of fantastic handling. Seemed as stiff or stiffer than the GTI, but didn't handle as well. Maybe the increased ride height hurts it worse than you'd think?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?