General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
That recall is wild! Not my model of Lincoln (the MKZ is slow and cheap in comparison), but I still wouldn't want my steering wheel becoming loose!

I've replaced the steering wheel in a couple modern cars I've owned. Never had one come loose afterward. Wonder what in the world they did wrong? Maybe improperly machined threads?
good to hear ur car is okay! yah i’ve swapped many steering wheels and have never had one come loose. i don’t use thread locker either. yah maybe it was cross threaded or used the wrong alloy.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton

My extended test drive is over. Final verdict no Alltrack for me. My GTI stays with me & will likely be replaced by another GTI when that time comes.

Beautiful day here today, although A bit on the cold side. They are brining the roads like crazy. They are calling for freezing rain in the morning.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

good call. i can not understand that shape. it is a weird looking lifted wagon!

Old 03-16-2018, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
got a call from the wife the GK is playing more tricks. tpms is on again and now a screw stuck in the front tire. wtf with tpms sticking screws in my tire for!

Old 03-16-2018, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
so i had my wife pump air into the tire while i explained how over the phone since she’s out shopping. disposable gloves 12v air pump in the trunk all ready to go.

i had her pump to 38 psi.

she cracked me up while removing the nozzle off the valve cause i could hear like 3psi of air spitting out and she’s like oh noes! in the back ground. lol hahaha .

told her that’s why i had u over inflate to 38 so now it’s at like 35. . she’s taking the car to the tire shop. i saw that i could plug it in the pict she sent so they can too at the tire store.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
i also told her take it to a fiat dealer and come home in an Abarth!

Old 03-16-2018, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i also told her take it to a fiat dealer and come home in an Abarth!
Now that's funny!

I could see an Abarth for you since you don't put many miles on your rides. Maybe not the best for your wife though?

Old 03-16-2018, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Now that's funny!

I could see an Abarth for you since you don't put many miles on your rides. Maybe not the best for your wife though?
yah i’d like to get one for me, my wife can have my GTI.

but the tireshop just raped me for 150 for a new junk tire so maybe wait a few weeks. lol they said the screw is borderline too close to the shoulder and didn’t feel comfortable doing the plug. it is like about an inch from the shoulder. id plug it but then she was already at the tire store and they had a similar tire in yokohama in the same size so i just said fak it.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
That's what I ran into with our Golf recently. It has one new Kumho. It pained me to buy a Kumho, but I wasn't willing to throw away 3 newish tires even if I don't like them.

Would be different if it were on a car that gets fewer miles.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
yah it was a front tire but they mounted the new to the rear and put the rear on the front so i’m happy i dont have to do this when i get home.

plus these junk all seasons are all the same. they all junk

Old 03-16-2018, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
alright, looks like the 2018 Golf-R's are finally going to start showing up at the US dealers by next month. they've been sitting at the ports since like January so i read. will let the anxious buyers take all the port-rotted ones first.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, i got home and saw that a bird already took a dump on the GK's one new yokohama tire. lol hahaha too funny. i just left it as is for now. will check the psi, torque on lugs, etc tomorrow once it all settles and get it done all at once.

tonight going to just take it easy and relax. if it doesnt snow tonight im thinking about pulling out my STI tomorrow...given that it will be upper 30F on sunday am so that i can QD the car..

Old 03-17-2018, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
woke up to wet roads so fell asleep again. lol

no motoring this am, too lazy to wash the STI with a hose. will work on the GK to double check the tire shop’s work and that will be all for this am.

have a good saturday everyone!

Old 03-17-2018, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
alright my son wanted to do it so i let him check the tire shop's work. as expected, psi too low on the one new tire so he added air adjusted to match. of course i checked his work too. also showed him how to check the vitals in the engine bay. good to go.

oh yah, cleaned the bird crap off too. lol how a bird knowz to crap on the one new tire is pretty crazy.

now relaxing in my music room with a hot cup of coffee.. hummm... shouldve went for hot cocoa..

Old 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
not sure how many of you are travelers and use TUMI bags, but i just saw that amazon has the medium flat folding pack for $36 shipped (usually $45).

ordered a spare one using my amazon points. woot! this thing is SO useful when traveling lightly. easily packs up to 3 days worth of clothes in there no issue and fit your smaller travel bag that fits those small commuter jets.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Ken- I checked out those bags, very nice. I use my old duffel that used to haul my race gear to the track. I'm not an air traveler unless I absolutely have to. If I could fly in a Ford Tri-Motor or DC3 I'd fly more. ;-)

We had some snow/freezing rain here this morning. I don't want to coat my clean car with brine so I'm housebound. Today is the IMSA Sebring race. I'll be watching that.

Enjoy the day folks.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
hi ash- yah, what i like best is with the flat folding pack, even if i open my bag during a meeting no one will see that i have clothes in there which is real nice! kinda embarrassing if your under wear peeked out or something. lol plus my dress shirts dont get all creased up weird.

enjoy the race! i too am staying inside today.. was screwing around with my pianos just now. taking a quick break. going to snack on some baumkuchen

Old 03-18-2018, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
looks like a dry morning. pulling out my STI in 2 hours.

did a pre-drive check and found brake/clutch fluid (on the STI it is double duty) dropped 3mm from the max line. ordered the factory fluid since the first change is not due for another 2yrs (30k miles or 4yrs).

have a good sunday everyone!

Old 03-18-2018, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Beautiful sunny morning here. Off for a ride on the back roads with my sweetie & then stopping for a nice Amish lunch. Have a great day folks.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
nice ash! have a nice drive. huh, amish lunch... details please. ive been to an amish farm once and they let me hold their 10-12lbs bunny... thing was HUGE!

my drive in the STI was fantastic as expected. thing is just so frikken fun to drive. with the summers at slightly higher psi and cold weather the speaker grill on the dash rattled over bumps but as soon as the sun came out real strong the rattles all went away. going to check for diy's on speaker swaps and put a gasket in the grill frame.

QD'ed the car and now need to quickly look through my security camera feeds who dafaq is leaving behind dog crap on my front lawn again. im real tired of living with these loserarse garabage in my community. cant wait to move out.. as soon as my kids are out of the house, bye!

Old 03-18-2018, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
while having some noodles for snack looked through the feeds and found the culprit. its not the guy from last time, its some black dog walking a fugly middle aged fat woman. the nerve they have of taking a shit every weekday am on my lawn around the same time. wtf. reported to the HOA the dog, dog's pet woman, and time.

and poured white vinegar all over the border of my lawn. lol now it smells like shit outside and i dont care cause im already done working on my cars for today. will keep pouring more for a few weeks until they lose track of its territory.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?