General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
I would have to think that the Si springs (and RSB) are fairly well engineered for a blend of performance and street manners. Seems like a really safe option to me.

Are the struts a different part code between the two cars? If so, maybe switch to the Si struts if/when yours wear out?

Old 03-20-2018, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Not an option the new Si has ADS (Adaptive Damper System) so their struts have electronically adjustable damping. Same size struts etc...just have the fancy solenoid to adjust damping between NORMAL and SPORT.

Honda Civic Si - Chassis - Model Press Kit - Honda News

Good info in that link though.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
That is good info!

7% stiffer front and 32% stiffer rear sound great. The front and rear stabilizer bars would be nice to have as well.

Notice that they greatly increased the rear rate? I think it's a good thing you skipped on the Eibach's. Even Honda for OEM use seems to go with a lot stiffer stuff for the rear.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:27 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Yep. USPS is taking their sweet time getting them to me.
dang.. is it coming from Japan or..? but EMS is usually pretty fast. i usually get it within 3 days after clearing customs in Japan.

shinjari- sorry to hear about your graphic cards. hope they find them!

about the springs.. not sure, is dropping 10mm really going to make a difference in appearance? it can but if you get any wheel with no more than 5-7mm offset difference, especially the front may end up looking kinda poked.

wat where the vogtland spring rates again? i suppose if youre trying to upgrade your handling it can benefit but then your dampers can get a little overwhelmed? not sure, just putting it out there cause i thought you folks said the civic hb drove better than the mk6 GTI.. which is quite a statement imo.. why not just leave it if only 10mm drop.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
huh.. looks like hyundai/kia is in a bind with airbag recalls not by takata, but german parts maker ZF-TRW. seems like the srs dont work during high frontal impact collisions. 2yrs ago FCA had a HUGE recall on airbag computers made by the same supplier..

i hope it has nothing to do with my VW's..!

Old 03-20-2018, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yikes! If that gets traced to fault by ZF-TRW, I bet there will be multiple brands involved.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
10mm will eliminate about 33% of the wheel gap. Gap is about 30mm right now.

I just want the slight drop but mainly for the handling improvement. I may go Si springs first....then if I feel it needs it, I'll get the RSB. Then just put my 15mm spacers on to get closer to fender flush, since I'm really enjoying the OEM wheels.

Vogtland wont tell me the rates.

As for Civic HB handling 'better' than the GTI I'd say they both handle well. I know that the Si and CTR handle even better than my 'boring' hatch with their LSD, ADS and other improvements like the larger sways.

Man I hope the airbag thing doesnt affect our Elantra lol. My dad has a 2013 S5 that he loves...I should let him know.

As for my 2nd shipment of GPUs....check out the recent tracking history...

Old 03-20-2018, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
yah, 30mm gap minus 10mm at top of arch should look good. if the 30mm gap is even around the entire arch of the tire and fender, i think id just leave it alone too. but then if youre going for handling improvements i think its worth a try.

its only when the car looks lifted (awkward gap at the top of the arch) do i make it a requirement to lower cars. haha i know from looking at other civic-HB sport, it didnt have that awkwardness so..

Old 03-20-2018, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Gap is pretty uniform all around...lower would help with improving already formidable handling. Plus allow me to widen the stance. Otherwise, I should just sell these spacers I have because I dont think they will look good unless the car is lowered a little.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Lower always looks better

I like the idea of the Si springs personally, but I'm always looking to mess with my rides.

10mm down and spacers would probably look factory to most, but look better to everyone.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i find on fwd cars the rear is usually sunken in more than the front.. so lowering just a little (or no lowering at all) and adding up to 10mm offset to the rear wheels helps even out the front/rear stance.

but again if you want overall wider stance and you dont mind the slight poke on the front it *might* have depending on how much spacer youre running, go for it. hell, might be able to run some continental tires or something with rounded sidewall to make it fit right if you end up with slight poke.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
i saw this hella flush a toilet 240sx today... looked so stupid i had to crack up. haha thing was bouncing around for no reason too cause there was no damping stroke.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i like that those Si springs are factory springs too.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
My Lincoln has the sunk look in the rear. I keep threatening to run spacers just in the rear to "fix" it.

Some people run staggered set ups on them. 9's in the front and 10's or 10.5's in the rear. Looks great, but seems odd for an AWD car to me.

My favorite look is a full wheel well with zero tire rub or even chance of rub. I will be glad when the stance thing has come and GONE.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
yah, im not sure if its a good idea for the center diff if one runs staggered setup on AWD. id leave staggered setup for RWD cars.

i run 10mm spacers on my R on the rears. but on my STI i left the suspension completely stock cause i just like it that way on this car.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
you know that's the thing about euro cars.. so easy to swap spacers cause they use lug bolts vs nuts. i have a bunch of different length lug bolts and spacers.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, over the weekend i doused my front lawn with white vinegar to make a border to keep dogs out of my lawn.

seems to have worked cause i havent seen the little dog walking its midwestern fat woman this week. woot! i checked video feeds just now and seems like the dog is making a u-turn far away. lol

Old 03-20-2018, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Now sprinkle donuts in the yard and see if the fat woman or pooping dog wins the battle!

Old 03-20-2018, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
LOL'ed!

Old 03-20-2018, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
LOL! Is that what the vinegar thing is about? Keeping unwanted dogs off your lawn? I wish that would work on cats...cats come into my yard at night all the time...then my dogs find 'snacks'...and then try and give me and the GF kisses afterwards.

Yeah I'm thinking the Si springs and spacers would be great. the spacers would be pretty close to flush up front and nearly flush in the rear. Still have that typical wider track width up front seen on FWD vehicles. Now to find a Honda OEM parts distributor that'll ship for free haha. Or call my local dealer and see how much they charge.

Was considering these left and right covers for the engine bay as well. Just to dress things up and make it look 'finished'. They claim sound deadening...but I feel they are more for aesthetics.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by shinjari; 03-20-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?